[ICS Leak/CRC] Droid 4 Build 6.16.214

outsid0r

Reaction score
ok so i see the boot.img but wheres the .zip file to accompany it?
*edit* checked the rest of the forums and found it... damn impatience

Danis

Reaction score
I find it a bit snappier, but have been noticing some home screen crashes. Also, chrome is preinstalled on this build.

Sent from my XT894 running ICS

Twisted4u

Reaction score
You don't unzip the kernel--boot.img, just flash after flashing the GB files. Make sure that you have the update zip on your sdcard (external only). If you use the modified D4 Tool I made rename the boot.img it to "ICSFIX", copy it and all the GB files to the files folder and select menu 16. Then stock recovery and update from external.

every time i try to use the tool it says cant load files

outsid0r

Reaction score
seems much snappier, i do see less satelites to lock onto but thats no big deal, had the homescreen force close upon initial boot after getting a random offset error but that doesnt seem to have caused any issues as all apps open and function, biggest thing was the loss of root but was able to get back with the ICS root from the d4 utility.

xipher

Reaction score
Installed .215, had not tried any ICS releases prior, noticed the following issues:

Home screen crash
Google Talk video chat black screen for other party, never had this happen before
VERY poor 4G performance after the update (from 15-20mbit constant to 4.5-5mbit constant!?!?)
Verizon tethering app DHCP server is much, much slower to issue an IP now.
Wifi performance reduced (from easily 25+mbit to a struggling 18-19mbit)
Root Uninstaller issues with disabling or uninstalling certain apps causing it to hang. (ICS issue in general?)
Physical keyboard shift is no longer "press once to have next key stroke capital" it now requires you to hold shift while typing the next key.
Camera captures are noticeably slower than GB, really pretty damn bad.

Twisted4u

Reaction score
i am sorry if all my questions seem stupid but no mater what i do every thing keeps failing rsd lite, droid 4 tool, reflashing leaks is it because i still have safe strap instaled and recovery enabled but i can not do anything on the unsafe side because everything on screen is scrambled but only on unsafe side i have no problem with anything on safe side i am curently running aokp 40 for ics leak .213

xipher

Reaction score
i am sorry if all my questions seem stupid but no mater what i do every thing keeps failing rsd lite, droid 4 tool, reflashing leaks is it because i still have safe strap instaled and recovery enabled but i can not do anything on the unsafe side because everything on screen is scrambled but only on unsafe side i have no problem with anything on safe side i am curently running aokp 40 for ics leak .213

My understanding is that you cannot do it with safe-strap or recovery.

You need to be absolutely factory to guarantee that it works. Follow this how to guide, including re-flashing .219 and being totally stock?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ed-android-4-0-4-ics-build-droid-4-xt894.html

Twisted4u

Reaction score
i diabled safestrap and now i turn the phone on and it has start up screen of dual core processor and then screen goes blank but you can hear it start up the rest of the way by saying droid but still tool does not work and when i try to instal leak it gets an error and says status 7 PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Danis

Reaction score
Before the dual core screen comes up, press and hold both volume buttons, then press the power button and choose AP fastboot. Make sure your battery is at least 50% charged.

rennert1

Reaction score
Physical keyboard shift is no longer "press once to have next key stroke capital" it now requires you to hold shift while typing the next key.

It's not correctly, works perfect for me;-)

...Tapatalk

Twisted4u

Reaction score
Before the dual core screen comes up, press and hold both volume buttons, then press the power button and choose AP fastboot. Make sure your battery is at least 50% charged.

that is where i have been running the droid 4 tool and it says cant load for everything it doese

ws6formula350

Reaction score
that is where i have been running the droid 4 tool and it says cant load for everything it doese

If you downloaded the lite version of the tool, make sure you unzip the .219 fastboot file into the /files/ directory. That's where I went wrong the first time.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2