[ICS Leak/CRC] Droid 4 Build 6.16.214

outsid0r

Reaction score
Well, I'm here to confirm that I was able to go from ICS213 to ICS215 smoothly and painlessly. I was also able to install Safestrap and restore my CM9 nightly and everything is business as usual.

I still have a few issues that I had before, but nothing new. Youtube doesn't work for me. Screenshots are still 60% of the window. Occasional data drops.

awesome so a safestrap safe mode backup works the same as a nandroid backup glad to see my guess was right on.

kenji91

Reaction score
awesome so a safestrap safe mode backup works the same as a nandroid backup glad to see my guess was right on.

The only backups I've ever done are in Safestrap. But if you look in the /safestrap/backup/version&date folder, it has a file called nandroid. :biggrin:

Giroux28

Reaction score
i have .215 as well on my non-safe/latest cm9 nightly on my safe... thanks to everyone!

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
So to my understanding.. .215 isn't a really substantial upgrade.. just makes things a little smoother but you lose more functionality? Reading through the posts, it seems like .215 isn't worth the upgrade.. can anyone confirm?

outsid0r

Reaction score
im also seeing no negatives in 215 minus an intial home screen issue that was only on first boot and hasnt happened in any reboot since.

Danis

Reaction score
I was doing some digging, and did I notice that they added Microsoft Exchange tasks functionality in .215? I think they are also working on getting Microsoft Exchange notes functionality as well... I noticed the build numbers of the apps have "moxier" in them, which is a full fledged ($20) exchange client that supports all of that.

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
Hmm. So the previous complaints on this thread aren't being seen by others? I may have to make the jump then..
Thanks for the info guys!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
So to my understanding.. .215 isn't a really substantial upgrade.. just makes things a little smoother but you lose more functionality? Reading through the posts, it seems like .215 isn't worth the upgrade.. can anyone confirm?
What lost functionality are you referring to?

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you have the boot.img and the update zip you can always go back. I did 215 to 213 to 215 when testing the new tool script.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
What lost functionality are you referring to?

From what I saw earlier in the posts about .215 some guys were complaining about the connection to wifi dropped strength, their signal dropped strength for 3 and 4g. So that's why I was asking.. I'm stationed in an area that is the middle of nowhere but Ijust got orders so I'll be moving to a 4g area, I just didn't want to lose more functionality in an area that has weak signal to begin with.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any trouble. If you have the update zip and matching boot file you can go back to an earlier leak if you like.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
How about the benefits of 215, are there any? 213 has been good for me so unless there is some noticeable improvements on 215 I'll stick with 213.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
From what I saw earlier in the posts about .215 some guys were complaining about the connection to wifi dropped strength, their signal dropped strength for 3 and 4g. So that's why I was asking.. I'm stationed in an area that is the middle of nowhere but Ijust got orders so I'll be moving to a 4g area, I just didn't want to lose more functionality in an area that has weak signal to begin with.

I have had zero issues with .215. If anything, I had better 4G on it than I did on .213.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2