Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
UPDATE: I asked my cousin/roommate today if he got the update and he said, "I think I did. It said update was available and I clicked on it and it did its thing"

So it looks like both of the Droids that are in my name got the ota last night/this morning.

M

Matth3w

I love that now that 2.1 is out after months of complaining, whining, and *****ing, people are now complaining, whining, and *****ing about the speed etc.

Reaction score
Yesterday I made a topic "am I the only one that hasn't gotten the update yet." It seemed like nobody had it. So I'm wondering, has anybody actually gotten the update OTA yet? And I'd like a Google employee to answer this: when it's rumored that you've only sold 20,000 phones and when they are spread out over the entire country why in the world don't you just give us all the update at once. Thats NOWHERE NEAR enough to take down the Tmobile network or Google servers. It's a little ridiculous how long this is taking, especially considering how quick other android updates came out previously.

KevinJ

Reaction score
Yesterday I made a topic "am I the only one that hasn't gotten the update yet." It seemed like nobody had it. So I'm wondering, has anybody actually gotten the update OTA yet? And I'd like a Google employee to answer this: when it's rumored that you've only sold 20,000 phones and when they are spread out over the entire country why in the world don't you just give us all the update at once. Thats NOWHERE NEAR enough to take down the Tmobile network or Google servers. It's a little ridiculous how long this is taking, especially considering how quick other android updates came out previously.
Okay, a few things.

1. Have you read any of the official threads about 2.1? Heck, you posted on a thread that says people have gotten it.
  2. Where did you get a 20,000 phones rumor? Try a lot bigger number.
  3. What does T-Mobile have to do with Verizon?

{God, I hope I'm not feeding a troll}

thathxckid

Reaction score
I got the update via ota. But I did notice something that my firmware version is 2.1 update 1. Are they doing more parts to this update it was a really small file I don't but if you have info let me know. Btw the new ota seems really laggy to me.

hacku

Reaction score
I haven't received mine yet, but not that it matters since I'm running DroidMod 1.0 right now and love it.

I purchased my Droid back in January, and my friend that purchased his 2 weeks ago got the update yesterday.

So much for the rumor of people getting the update in the order the phones were purchased... lol

MrTommy

Reaction score
Yup, it showed up this morning

I just got my update this morning. I had my phone in Airplane mode so I don't get any interruption during the night. When I opened it up, the upgrade started. So, I'm now officially upgraded. Haven't tried anything yet.

alanbk

Reaction score
The OTA was waiting for my phone when I woke up this morning. Installed, rebooted, and works fine. New features are nice, too early to tell if battery life is better.

JLB09

Reaction score

Seems to me the update has been running quite well. This is the official who has gotten the update thread. Many have over the last several days. There are many too that may only post on the Motorola forum that have gotten the update. More to come I am sure. Patience is a virtue, so they say.

Nice95gle

Reaction score
My update was waiting for me when I woke up yesterday. The only features I'm using so far is Live Wallpaper (sweet) and the new News and weather widget (Love the scrolling news).

So far everything is running great. Install took about 5 mins with no issues what so ever.

BTW...I'm running Helix

bristolcat

Reaction score
Haven't gotten mine yet. I'm mystified as to how some people can do the check for updates and get it and yet I'm checking furiously and am still seeing "Your system is currently up to date."

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Haven't gotten mine yet. I'm mystified as to how some people can do the check for updates and get it and yet I'm checking furiously and am still seeing "Your system is currently up to date."

Haha! Give your thumb and your phone a break. You can check all you want (guilty!), but if it hasn't been pushed to you yet, you wont get it.

It'll eventually notify you, but if you HAVE to check, do it in the morning, as they're pushing it out at midnight eastern time from what I understand.

I checked around 2am eastern and it was there. Patience.. :DD

Phillipsave

Reaction score
My update was waiting for me this morning; but since I'm rooted with DroidMod, when I clicked to install, it was automatically blocked, and I rebooted back into DroidMod, until Camel creates an updated mod version that can accomodate the few things that aren't already there.