Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rooted back to stock to receive

• rooted and keeping it that way

• Total voters

iamthewalrus

Reaction score
I will be sticking with my cyanogen ROM for now, its fast and visually appealing. I dont see a reason to make any changes until they start doing crazy things with this update.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
My opinion is those who are not rooted will and most that are rooted won't.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll be staying rooted and wait for devs to tidy up the 2.1 ROM :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd much rather have the official update and root off that, simply because going back to stock, if I needed to, would take less steps. (as opposed to return to stock, then upgrade...if it's still available).

That said, I'll stay rooted until that's a reality as others have said. I like my custom themes and overclock way too much.

Now, I play a waiting game.

owen

Reaction score
I plan on staying rooted, I am running DroidMod overclocked to 1 GHz. I don't wanna give up wireless tether and the ability to overclock.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd much rather have the official update and root off that, simply because going back to stock, if I needed to, would take less steps. (as opposed to return to stock, then upgrade...if it's still available).

That said, I'll stay rooted until that's a reality as others have said. I like my custom themes and overclock way too much.

Now, I play a waiting game.

Good point. If it is made clear that you can still root off of the 2.1 ota then I will unroot and install. However if they remove root ability I will wait for the devs.

masters

Reaction score
Already running ESE53. I see no reason to go to a stock ESE53.. I bet many that are waiting will wait for the stock update then root anyway to what is already out there..

I do know many people that are happy without the extra abilities and underclocked CPU (extended battery life).

What confuses me are the people that revert back to stock to receive the OTA ESE53, I bet they go right back to the rooted one after the update. Like you can't have ice cream, take it away, then not go back.. d=-)

But this whole topic has been hashed and rehashed over and over (and over) again.. Let it go, some are happy with the phone, As Is. It's a great phone even not rooted.

Aero320

Reaction score
Back to un-rooted

Rooted and started with Pete's ROM (very good). Then switched to Ultimate Droid and ended up with 7.8. Unrooted this morning and went back to the original configuration just to see what the 2.1 offers. Will probably switch back to UD.

If VRZ tries to update your rooted phone and it is blocked, will that cause them to suspect that your phone is rooted (loosing your warranty)?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They will not know if you installed it or not unless you personally tell them

Modulus

Reaction score
maybe verizon doesn't currently have tools in place to see if you're rooted or have 2.1 installed now, but that doesn't mean they can't ever do it. The thing is it isn't worth it for them to bother. But there IS a way for them to know.

Just like pilotcharles747's sig, a certain amount of information is readily available about any device connecting to the internet, and using a service. In this case, Google undoubtedly know which version of Android you're running, as when you sign into the market, it only shows which apps are available to you, based on your version of Android.

As for my vote, my option isn't there, but I'll unroot and upgrade and reroot when I see the 2.1 root update.zip made available.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
However, that information is very, very, VERY easy to spoof.

Esp. vs. the market.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
I am lucky to have 2 Droids and one is not modded. I will be able to see what the 'Official" update is like and if it has all the same features that I have on my rooted phone, I might unroot and do the OTA for a while just to be "legal". ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am lucky to have 2 Droids and one is not modded. I will be able to see what the 'Official" update is like and if it has all the same features that I have on my rooted phone, I might unroot and do the OTA for a while just to be "legal". ;)

If it is rootable; the reason I am switching back is that it may contain the software changes to allow flash.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bumping so that people can see that this thread is available for discussion of topic of unrooting and waiting for 2.1 or not.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
I posted this elsewhere and maybe this is the best spot to place this question...or maybe not :).
Has anyone stated or confirmed if I go back to stock and get the update and not be satisfied compared to the Ultimate Droid v7.8 (in my case), will I be able to re-root and go back to v7.8 with the new OS?