Stop Verizon Bloatware Poll!!!

dbguy

Reaction score
i think most of the bloatware verizon includes is pretty much useless. there isn't much of it that i actually use, and really do wish i could delete it. i loathe the fact that they try to push things like VZ navigator on users.

OP
Cripton805

Cripton805

Reaction score
I really hope we get a lot more people voting. I cant send it until we get a large amount of people or theyll brush it off.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Verizon makes money off bloatware which allows them to pay less for the android phones. They will not give that up especially how fast android phone pop out. They did give us the nexus as the one device with out bloatware.

jayboe

Reaction score
Are you saying that our numbers are too small that we can't make a difference. Heck man, we a democracy... lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Verizon knows how people feel about bloatware already, bro.
Plus I like *some* of the bloatware. NFL mobile is AWESOME. QuickOffice is AWESOME. Amazon app is super useful. But basically everything else I uninstalled...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dont think we know what we are asking for. See vzw paid apple to sell the iphone and apple sets the price and the rules. So the iphone will stay the same price until the next one comes out. Android all you have to do is wait a month and you can get 2 of the same device with a bogo deal. Do I hate bloatware, yes. But in the grand scheme of things I know Ima root and run a custom rom any way so it no longer bothers me.

OP
Cripton805

Cripton805

Reaction score
So in other words, you must void your warranty in order to do something that should be offered from the start? Bloatware is not the issue, it's the part that is MUST be there no matter what, unless we want to void our warranties. I'm a practical user, and I use my phone normally, so I'd like to keep it stock. I shouldn't have to modify my phone to get rid of some silly program that is not essential to the OS.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
beating a dead horse .. VZW gets paid by the bloat ICS has a way of removing from app drawer..i voted .. I root i Delete bloat and go on about my day .. titanium backup has made this easy

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I really hope we get a lot more people voting. I cant send it until we get a large amount of people or theyll brush it off.

you could get every member on this site and it would still get blown off. Verizon is not going to give up millions of dollars per year just because a very minuscule number of android users vote on a poll..

im not trying to be condescending i just think your wasting your time.

vatothe0

Reaction score
So in other words, you must void your warranty in order to do something that should be offered from the start? Bloatware is not the issue, it's the part that is MUST be there no matter what, unless we want to void our warranties. I'm a practical user, and I use my phone normally, so I'd like to keep it stock. I shouldn't have to modify my phone to get rid of some silly program that is not essential to the OS.

Then just buy a device that doesn't have it. No warranty voiding needed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Then just buy a device that doesn't have it. No warranty voiding needed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Exactly; speak with your wallet buy a nexus.

OP
Cripton805

Cripton805

Reaction score
you could get every member on this site and it would still get blown off. Verizon is not going to give up millions of dollars per year just because a very minuscule number of android users vote on a poll..

im not trying to be condescending i just think your wasting your time.

It's all about the effort. Whether we get blown off or not, were not asking for something that is unreasonable. The mast majority of people are voting to have it removable not to get rid of it from the start. My Razr gave me the option to delete the NFS and Golf app on my phone, where my GFs Stratosphere are forced on. So they can possibly just give us the option to remove.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
It's all about the effort. Whether we get blown off or not, were not asking for something that is unreasonable. The mast majority of people are voting to have it removable not to get rid of it from the start. My Razr gave me the option to delete the NFS and Golf app on my phone, where my GFs Stratosphere are forced on. So they can possibly just give us the option to remove.

Its all about the MON-NAY!!!! Verizon is paid to put it there as was stated an we are the 1 percent of androiders who really utilize our devices. They feel if its on the phone permanently you may after time break down an use the app. Verizon makes money I'm sure the manufacturers make money so why would they stop? It used to bother me then I rooted then when I could upgrade I went with the nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums