Verizon Allowing Bloatware Uninstalls? Has hell finally frozen over?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I was having issues with the stupid VCast Media Manager trying to perma-sync on my Rezound. I called tech support about the problem, and got a little nugget of info I didnt know before.

Apparently, it has come to verizon's attention that not everyone is absolutely thrilled with their [Edited by FoxKat for content] VCast apps and uninstallable bloatware. Yes, try to contain your shock. Anyway, they are opening up current devices to allow us to uninstall the bloatware without rooting!

According to this tech guy, Razr owners can already do this, but Verizon is going to eventually allow most or all phones to do this. Can any Razr owners confirm if this is true? I dont know if it is as simple as uninstalling the app, or if you have to go through tech support or the website to do it.

What was also funny is that he fully sympathized with me. None of the employees like this crap either, and he says he gets complaints about it all the time.

(btw - my issue was resolved by going into the SYNC menu under settings...not the Applications Menu. I unchecked all the v-Crap and did a battery pull and it finally stopped trying to sync)

Last edited by a moderator:

1tfrot

Reaction score
hopefully it's true. there's stuff on mine I would love to get rid of as well. should be interesting to see when and if this happens

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The razor can uninstall a few more bloat apps. Sprint started doing this a while ago with their bloat.

I guess with ICS freeze feature vzw figures it should just let users uninstall.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rdgxray

Reaction score
After reading this I immediately tried to uninstall the bloat on my RAZR. Blockbuster, lets golf and Madden all uninstalled permanently. Kindle, vz navigator and many others would not. I was happy to get rid of a few though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Nealius

Reaction score
on a razr I know you can also hide icons. which is helpful for the apps you can uninstall