[ROM] (GB) Eclipse1.3 for d4

93fuelslut

Reaction score
It is a rom/theme that I created. The only thing ICS that I used is the icons for the apps. I themed thousands of images. The blue is a baby blue and not ICS blue. But at a glance it is similar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Looks solid...outstanding work since ur the only rom with no issues..
Ima see if I can run it 2mrw after work but seems kinda awkward to install..
There's somemany different dl links for this and that..just confusing

wdredmond

Reaction score
Firstly, OUTSTANDING job getting this ROM up and running. KUDOS!
This is by far, the best phone OS I've ever had. Currently running 1.3.6 because I need spell check. I tried Icecream sandwich but pulled it due to the lack of spell check, (I hate add-on apps due to their buggy nature) so I guess I will hang with .6 until that is worked out....
I only have two issues with .6... The SYM key takes me to input selection and I cant find a compass app that will see the magnetic sensors... Do you have any plans of addressing these without losing spell check?
As far as the play store vs Market, am I missing anything by having the old market and not the play store?

Sorry for the newbie-ness here, I've just recently grown the testicular fortitude to root out of fear of bricking my phone, but had no choice when I bought this D4 and it came to me already rooted, which caused it to fall into an upgrade loop when verizon released the ota update.
Thanks again for all you do man, youre the bomb. :)

kenji91

Reaction score
Great work buddy! Just a few things though... is there a way to make the screen stay on while charging?

And more importantly, can I over/under clock/volt with this? QuickClock doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm just a noob haha, but I'm having serious battery issues with this phone. In an hour and a half, it goes down to 70% from fully charged with moderate use. Ideas?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Great work buddy! Just a few things though... is there a way to make the screen stay on while charging?

And more importantly, can I over/under clock/volt with this? QuickClock doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm just a noob haha, but I'm having serious battery issues with this phone. In an hour and a half, it goes down to 70% from fully charged with moderate use. Ideas?

Not sure about overclocking. Have not felf the need to.
To have the screen on while charging.
Go to applications---> development---> stay awake.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

wdredmond

Reaction score
tap tap tap... is this thing on?

The SYM key takes me to input selection and I cant find a compass app that will see the magnetic sensors... Do you have any plans of addressing these without losing spell check?
As far as the play store vs Market, am I missing anything by having the old market and not the play store?

Anybody?

kenji91

Reaction score
Forgive me for being a noob, but I'm not sure I get how to make this fix work.

Also, even though I disabled them, autocorrect for capitalization and punctuation for the physical keyboard won't seem to go away. I'm not sure about the on screen or swype because I don't really use those.

Ideas? Sorry if I sound like I'm nitpicking, I really do appreciate your work!

sym key fix
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gq1grxhzxa6chj7/xrjxMod.zip
for play to work delete phonsky.apk

Remapped SYM -> ALT_LEFT
ALT + O = {
ALT + P = }
ALT + K = [
ALT + L = ]
ALT + N = <
ALT + M = >
ALT + / = \
ALT + I = |
ALT + Q = ~

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I'm having the opposite problem, I want aoto cap to work. The latest build has autocap but suggestions doesnt work. Also, I'm not interested in the Sym key mod.

orangejuiced

Reaction score
i cant get MMS to work. I link or attach the pic and hit send and my message dissapears. when i go back into messages and that person i sent to, my message is there and it gives me option to remove, retake. i hit send MMS again and smae issue.

kwyrt

Reaction score
kenji91 said:
Soooo everything was going great and all and out of nowhere, I lost data. 3G, 4G, you name it. I can connect via WiFi.

I have Eclipse 1.3 on my D4. Not sure what happened, I didn't install or change anything. It was working one minute and now it's not.

Ideas?

Someone on XDA said they had a similar issue. They said it only seemed to happen when rebooting and switching to airplane mode and back seemed to fix it. Also, you might want to update to 1.3.7. Don't think there were any data specific fixes but there were plenty of other worth while fixes. I have had no issues on 1.3.7.

kenji91

Reaction score
kwyrt said:
Someone on XDA said they had a similar issue. They said it only seemed to happen when rebooting and switching to airplane mode and back seemed to fix it. Also, you might want to update to 1.3.7. Don't think there were any data specific fixes but there were plenty of other worth while fixes. I have had no issues on 1.3.7.

im actually on 1.3.7.

it turns out something disabled my data (under data manager, data delivery, "data enabled" wasnt checked).

mattjenn

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Netflix works with this rom? I have DX as well and I noticed alot of roms Netflix don't work on.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Netflix works perfectly. It is the ics based roms that have issues. Everything works like it should.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

wdredmond

Reaction score
Actually... This ROM is nearly perfect except that for some reason it does not see the phones magnetic sensors... Which means, the ONLY GPS software I've been able to find that works is the ones that come from Google, or uses Google map service. Every Marine or hiking tracker I've found does nothing but look at you funny when you run them. Needless to say, there isnt a compass app out there that works either nor have I been able to find anyone who knows how to fix this. (even the "nice" folks who modded it to work on the D4)

D4 with a fresh install of 1.3.7 (without the SYM key fix that doesnt work)

bofis

Reaction score
How is battery life with this ROM. I was holding out for a stable CM9, but I feel like the Droid4 sucks up it's battery faster than it should (maybe due to Moto services running always) and was hoping maybe for a lighter ROM that might last longer when the phone is just sitting there.

Also is 1.3.7 the final release for this, or do you plan on keeping this updated for D4?