Droid in Pocket

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
I carry face in. It protects the screen better but a more important reason for me is that the speaker is pointing out. If I carry it with the screen out, I can't hear the thing ringing.

countryboy498

Reaction score
I went to Verizon and bought the leather holster. Well worth it for me. My DX sent too many random texts and too many butt dialings when in it was in my pocket.

Sent from my DROIDX using Swype/DroidForums App

randyb69

Reaction score
I almost always leave my phone screen in. But oddly enough I noticed 1 issue on the X that may leave me not carrying it in my pocket at all. I just started a new job, causing me to lean over or bend down often and today I noticed an issue with the lcd screen. On break I was texting and when lightly touching the screen on the bottom using the keyboard, the pixels were spreading in the middle of the screen. It looked like the center was being pushed in fairly hard. It has gotten slightly better over the last 6 hours of care, but it is still there. Definitely wont make a habit of using the front pocket while at work.

Long story short, I would carry it face in. Slight bumps or a table or anything hard could crack the screen when facing out. Plus the ringer is louder on screen in, but I wouldn't carry it either way if you are into manual labor. Even slight movement of your jeans could put pressure on ur screen and having a HUGE screen makes it more prone to issues.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

barski

Reaction score
I carry mine with screen against my leg just because its very likely to get smashed if its facing out with me.

OP
L
Reaction score
You have to unlock the thing every time...how did you manage to send random texts and calls?

I went to Verizon and bought the leather holster. Well worth it for me. My DX sent too many random texts and too many butt dialings when in it was in my pocket.

Sent from my DROIDX using Swype/DroidForums App

Sent from my DROIDX

themuttt

Reaction score
face in since this is how my D1 was while skateboarding on my sons longboard at a local park, when I took a header off the board and bent the phone. The slide out keyboard was very tight, the battery door no longer fit properly and you could see a slight curve on the touch screen portion, but the phone actually still worked until I got a new one via the insurance and the glass did not break. I was rather impressed it withstood the accident actually

Finkployd

Reaction score
Face in, nothing but a screen protecter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PeakyBoo

Reaction score
Hey Countryboy;
Hope u don't have a magnet in front of your leather case. Here do this; Put your screen in sleep mode, Now wave the cases magnet over the top of the Droids screen. Did it come out of sleep mode? Not good!
And I to am a FoilHat;)
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DavesPPC

Reaction score
Foil hat here apparantely. I spend so much money on a droid x and by golly im not gonna treat it like a snickers bar.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

thetrueserkhet

Reaction score
Face in, no screen protector yet. I bought skinomi but I just can't seem to leave my phone alone long enough to let it dry.

Any other skinomi users? Does the glare seem worse in sunlight or no change?

Sent from my DROIDX

csimo

Reaction score
I carry my X in my back pocket with screen toward my skin.

BTW, if you read the Motorola RF radiation statement it tells you not to carry the phone next to your body and should be carried at least an inch away from your body.

-Joe