Putting a Droid X in your pocket all day

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
Is that a Droid X in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

I wear dress pants and tighter jeans (low rise boot cuts from AE and AF) and haven't had any issues.

rydizzle

Reaction score
I leave the Droid X in my pocket all the time, and I wear Jeans mostly. As I live in Florida - AKA the most humid place in the world, I tend not to leave it in my pocket for long due to the moisture threat, but it's really slim so barely noticeable in my pocket.

Hey Skynet, I have a question for you as a fellow Floridian. Have you noticed any issues with the DX touchscreen in regards to humidity? I'm upgrading from a BB Storm 1 and the humidity wreaks havoc on the touchscreen. In fact, the screen no longer functions now according to VZW due to humidity.

I just happen to know exactly what you're talking about. I came from a Storm 1 and live in Tampa. My biggest reason for upgrading was always having to wait 3 minutes for my screen to work after taking it out of my pocket. I've had zero problems with the DX and it's made me realize what an absolute piece of junk the Storm1 is. Minus synching with Outlook there is nothing better about the BB that you can't find an app for with the DX.

That's awesome to hear. Luckily I don't use Outlook so no problem there, but at least your Storm worked after a few minutes. It was always a battery pull for me. Now I can't wait for my DX to get here. Since my Storm doesn't work, and no sense in keeping it for a backup phone, I think I might burn it in effigy.

Big ups to Tampa DX users combating the humidity.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
That being said I'm concerned that the X will just be too big for my everyday pockets. I wear Khaki pants to work daily. There is no option for "cargos" or anything like that. Just straight flat front khakis.
i work in a hospital and wear khakis to work every day. only difference my khakis have cargo pockets but i use them to hold my wallet, car keys and other medical supplies. keep my droid x in regular pocket by the waist line. previously had samsung sch-i760 smartphone. that one was smaller length and width but larger thickness wise. i find droid x much easier to carry because it's thin.

1694kyle

Reaction score
I came from the dare too and it honestly seemed more bulky. I wear the same thing to work and dont notice it. Now whenever i look at my Ipod i'm like WTF thats small. That being said, I don't think "your droid is showing" is a complement. Iphone users dont have the size issue to worry about....

thelion

Reaction score
I wear jeans everyday and my X sits right in my pocket. Most of the time, I forget it is there and reach for my purse instead.

Fizban22

Reaction score
I leave the Droid X in my pocket all the time, and I wear Jeans mostly. As I live in Florida - AKA the most humid place in the world, I tend not to leave it in my pocket for long due to the moisture threat, but it's really slim so barely noticeable in my pocket.

Hey Skynet, I have a question for you as a fellow Floridian. Have you noticed any issues with the DX touchscreen in regards to humidity? I'm upgrading from a BB Storm 1 and the humidity wreaks havoc on the touchscreen. In fact, the screen no longer functions now according to VZW due to humidity.

I just happen to know exactly what you're talking about. I came from a Storm 1 and live in Tampa. My biggest reason for upgrading was always having to wait 3 minutes for my screen to work after taking it out of my pocket. I've had zero problems with the DX and it's made me realize what an absolute piece of junk the Storm1 is. Minus synching with Outlook there is nothing better about the BB that you can't find an app for with the DX.

ironically, im from tampa too, upgraded from a Storm 1 to a DX, and no i havent had any humidity problems with my X so far. my scree did stop working on my Storm about a month ago but i think that phone just ran its life.

also, just curious, does TourPlayer stand for Tour roller hockey? cause that would make three eerily similar coincidences... lol

iam8up

Reaction score
Only cargo pants so far in the last 7 days and I have not noticed the phone at all. SUPER thin phone.

It does not fit in women's short shorts. I have scientific evidence =P

ffej89

Reaction score
I use the Htc Evo which is a similar size to the X and i have to say you will love the size. The only time you notice the difference is when your looking at the screen IMO.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
To the OP: this thread has pretty much exhausted the pocket issue but I will add my experience...just like everyone else, the Droid X fits well in all pockets I have worn; khaki, jeans, cargo shorts, etc. I feel that it actually stays put better than my Dare did. The dare would sometimes fall out of my khaki and shorts pockets because it was smaller than the X. Even though the X is taller and slightly wider than the Dare, it's thinner, so it's still fairly comfortable in the pocket. And it shares the pocket with my wallet.

I took out my old Dare last night for the first time since I got the X; had to do the wipe on it. I couldn't believe how much smaller it is compared to the X!!

rydizzle

Reaction score

ironically, im from tampa too, upgraded from a Storm 1 to a DX, and no i havent had any humidity problems with my X so far. my scree did stop working on my Storm about a month ago but i think that phone just ran its life.

also, just curious, does TourPlayer stand for Tour roller hockey? cause that would make three eerily similar coincidences... lol

Screen stopped working on my Storm1 a few weeks ago, waiting on my DX to arrive. Good to know from someone else in Tampa that humidity isn't messing up the DX.

zodder

Reaction score
I keep it in my shirt pocket all day at work with zero issues. It's lighter than the D1, so it actually keeps my pocket from sagging as much. Never had it fall out either <knocks on wood>

Grifter

Reaction score
Not that you need another opinion on the matter - but I also wear khaki's at work and will keep the phone in my pocket (screen facing my leg) and it's never an issue. Likewise, if I'm wearing jeans it's fine in my front pocket as well. If I'm riding my motorcycle I either have it in my jeans front pocket or my inside jacket pocket - it's never been a problem carrying the phone in my pants pocket.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Mine is in my pocket all day long and I have no issues. Guys pockets tend to be deep and even on a couple of my jeans, they aren't that big and it fits just fine.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

dont lie, you cant keep it in your pants (LOL) because you cant stop playing with it (double LOL)

Sorry I had to lol. dancedroid