Putting a Droid X in your pocket all day

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
In 15 days I'll be buying either a Droid X or Incredible. I've done extensive research on everything they both have to offer. The Droid X has the nod from me in the screen and speed. The Inc has the SIZE advantage as I'm a guy who keeps their phone in their pocket all day! I'll never ever buy or wear a belt clip.

That being said I'm concerned that the X will just be too big for my everyday pockets. I wear Khaki pants to work daily. There is no option for "cargos" or anything like that. Just straight flat front khakis.

I'm coming from an LG DARE which I know is way smaller L and W, but in terms of thickness the X is a little slimmer.

So.........Let me know your thoughts on the droid X in your pocket. Please be honest. Please don't talk about how great the phone is, because I know that already. :)

Garandhero

Reaction score
Pretty sure theres already a few threads about this....However;

Yes it will fit in your pocket. I wear and have had the droid in my Khaki Pants / Shorts, Cargo Pants / Shorts, and Jeans as well as suit pants with no problem... its a very thin phone you won't even feel any bulk.

Enjoy!

Skynet

Reaction score
I leave the Droid X in my pocket all the time, and I wear Jeans mostly. As I live in Florida - AKA the most humid place in the world, I tend not to leave it in my pocket for long due to the moisture threat, but it's really slim so barely noticeable in my pocket.

ChrisEvo8

Reaction score
i have my x in my pocket all day and no worries. i sometimes forget its there.

Cheeba

Reaction score
In my pocket most of the day. No worries, it's nice and slim. Coming from an Incredible, I really don't notice the difference in my pocket.

zippy

Reaction score
I carry mine in my pocket all the time and it was the "pocket test" at the Verizon store that convinced me to buy it. The Droid X is bigger than my old Droid1 and both ARE noticeable when in my pocket, but neither one is bad at all. The Droid X is bigger than Droid1, but it's also thinner and lighter so it's really not more noticeable than the old Droid1 . If it was too big I would have stayed with my Droid1.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Its in the same pocket that my first droid lived for 8 months....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rydizzle

Reaction score
I leave the Droid X in my pocket all the time, and I wear Jeans mostly. As I live in Florida - AKA the most humid place in the world, I tend not to leave it in my pocket for long due to the moisture threat, but it's really slim so barely noticeable in my pocket.

Hey Skynet, I have a question for you as a fellow Floridian. Have you noticed any issues with the DX touchscreen in regards to humidity? I'm upgrading from a BB Storm 1 and the humidity wreaks havoc on the touchscreen. In fact, the screen no longer functions now according to VZW due to humidity.

kpiskin

Reaction score
I wear a suit to work, and of course it fits in my jacket and shirt pocket. When it's in my suit pants, you can't even see it.

gary.benjam

Reaction score
Putting a Droidx in your pocket all day

Same thing here and I keep my new DroidX either in the pocket of my flat front dress pants or at times on my desk. Never a problem and I agree with you on those belt clips, just not for me. But that being said no problems with it and on the weekends keep it in my jeans or cargo short front pockets with no problem at all. Good luck
Gary

jdroidme84

Reaction score
I was skeptical as well when I first purchased the X about the size and how it would fit in my pants. I wear khaki's to work and it's not even noticeable most of the time. I wore jeans the other day and it fit in those too even with a case on it. Now if you wear "skinny" jeans I could see you having some issues haha.

tourplayer

Reaction score

Hey Skynet, I have a question for you as a fellow Floridian. Have you noticed any issues with the DX touchscreen in regards to humidity? I'm upgrading from a BB Storm 1 and the humidity wreaks havoc on the touchscreen. In fact, the screen no longer functions now according to VZW due to humidity.

I just happen to know exactly what you're talking about. I came from a Storm 1 and live in Tampa. My biggest reason for upgrading was always having to wait 3 minutes for my screen to work after taking it out of my pocket. I've had zero problems with the DX and it's made me realize what an absolute piece of junk the Storm1 is. Minus synching with Outlook there is nothing better about the BB that you can't find an app for with the DX.

deranger

Reaction score

I just happen to know exactly what you're talking about. I came from a Storm 1 and live in Tampa. My biggest reason for upgrading was always having to wait 3 minutes for my screen to work after taking it out of my pocket. I've had zero problems with the DX and it's made me realize what an absolute piece of junk the Storm1 is. Minus synching with Outlook there is nothing better about the BB that you can't find an app for with the DX.

I've had my DX living in my right front pocket constantly and I've had no problems with humidity. This is coming from deep southern Alabama, where the humidity never drops below 90%. Also, I constantly sweat onto the screen because I have to wear ACUs in the ridiculously hot weather. Aside from a very slick screen, I have no problems whatsoever.