Question for Droid X Owners

cece5702

Reaction score
Its rumored that the X2 will be stores next Thursday, May 12th. I'm new to the Droid X. I've only been sporting this awesome phone for a week today.

If you have the choice of taking the X back and getting the X2 next Thursday, would you do it? Or would you stick with the X? So far I am loving the X but I'm wondering if I should take it back since I will still be under the 14 day return policy.

Just want your honest opinions!!!!! Please dont comment about me waiting for the latest greatest 4G or get the Thunderbolt, or Bionic.

I'm talking specifically about the X and X2 only.

Thanks. :)

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and when the Droid X2 comes out I am going to upgrade. My reasons are for additional ram, screen and dual core CPU. The other reason is that 4g is not going to be in my area for 12-24 months so getting a 4g phone like the Bionic does seem cost effective to me. All I need is the best 3G phone available and that's to me the Droid X2.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Thanks for your input :)
I have a Droid X and when the Droid X2 comes out I am going to upgrade. My reasons are for additional ram, screen and dual core CPU. The other reason is that 4g is not going to be in my area for 12-24 months so getting a 4g phone like the Bionic does seem cost effective to me. All I need is the best 3G phone available and that's to me the Droid X2.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If your under the 14 day return policy I say yeah, go for the X2. If you were going to have to pay full retail I'd say stick with the X1

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
You don't even need to think about this one. Take the X back and wait for the X2!

You will go crazy reading about other people's new X2's if you don't.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive comments. I hope the X2 actually comes out on next Thursday because the deadline for me returning the X is Friday, the 13th. So its all about the timing.

If the X2 does not come out next week, I will keep the X because I no longer have my Original Droid and I cant go without a phone waiting ont he X2!

DoinWorkDaily

Reaction score
dual core? oh man I can't wait till my my contract is up. I wouldn't be surprised to see quad core when I get a new phone lol.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Sounds like its going to be really fast! My only concern is that by it being faster, will it drain the battery more quickly? I'm beginning to realize faster is not always better. With my X, I finally got it so the battery does not drain as much. Juice Defender has been a life saver, Lol!
dual core? oh man I can't wait till my my contract is up. I wouldn't be surprised to see quad core when I get a new phone lol.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
As others have said, if within the 14 day period, yes, take the DX back and snag the DX2....thats the only way right now I would swap my DX. Well, not really..if Verizon offered me an early upgrade and allowed me to purchase the DX2 for what I originally paid for my DX, then I would jump...that would be $100 and I could still sell my DX for at least $150...so I would no doubt make that play as well...:)

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Thanks for your input :)
As others have said, if within the 14 day period, yes, take the DX back and snag the DX2....thats the only way right now I would swap my DX. Well, not really..if Verizon offered me an early upgrade and allowed me to purchase the DX2 for what I originally paid for my DX, then I would jump...that would be $100 and I could still sell my DX for at least $150...so I would no doubt make that play as well...:)

wyld

Reaction score
I thought Verizon had a 30 day worry tree? And I have a droidx I would get x2 also 4g is a bit new on handsets for Verizon I've heard they have had a few issues with them and lte going down in the past!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I thought Verizon had a 30 day worry tree? And I have a droidx I would get x2 also 4g is a bit new on handsets for Verizon I've heard they have had a few issues with them and lte going down in the past!

No, Verizon dropped the 30 day return policy and is now using a 14 day return policy.

StanH

Reaction score
My return period for DX will expire before the May 12 introduction of X2. I bought Droid Xs for my wife & myself for $150 each after $50 mail-in rebates on 4/26/2011. The 14 day return period is up 5/9, three days too soon.

But I could still upgrade. I could return the phones for the $150 each and pay a $35 each restocking fee. Then I could buy X2s on the 12th for the going price. If the new phones are $200. I would have to fork out an additional $50 + $35 = $85 each.

I don't know what I will do.

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^^ That is a tough one.. Hopefully there wont be any delays on the release date.