Droid X

cece5702

Reaction score
I received my second new Droid X on Friday by FED EX! So far so good. I am not experiencing any problems with the sound, speakers or ringtones. Its Perfect!! Now I can watch videos and actually put calls on speaker if I want. I thought about taking it into the store while I have the 14 day hassle free return policy and getting the X2 and pay the difference of $50 plus $35 for restocking fee.

I've changed my mind. This Droid X suits me just fine. I love it. I hear some people complaining about the X2 keeps rebooting etc. It seems like a part from the fast speed, everything eles is the same as the X. This phone is fast enough for me. The Droid X is a keeper dancedroid:)
Does anyone else agree?

Beka27

Reaction score
I don't think receiving a replacement phone "re-ups" your 14 day return policy.

If it does, and you were TOLD it does, HECK YES... I'd upgrade to the X2. You'd be foolish not to.

Zog

Reaction score
What was your old phone?

I would have paid $50 and got the dx2 originally. In my case choosing the dx2 I'd lose $150. Sold my former D2 for $200, got the x for $50 new off wirefly.

I played with both, the new screen and dual core is worth +$50 imo.. just not +$150 heh. If you got the money, why not eh?

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I had the Original Droid. I would have to pay $85.00 for it. That would include the restocking fee. I think I will keep what I have! I will however go into the store on Thursday to give it a test run :):blink:
What was your old phone?

I would have paid $50 and got the dx2 originally. In my case choosing the dx2 I'd lose $150. Sold my former D2 for $200, got the x for $50 new off wirefly.

I played with both, the new screen and dual core is worth +$50 imo.. just not +$150 heh. If you got the money, why not eh?

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
This is a new phone and Verizon does not consider it a replacement phone. They processed it as a brand new purchase, so the 14 day return policy does apply for me.

Why would I be foolish not too? A lot of people are holding on to there X and waiting for a better phone than the X2.

If I decide to keep the X it will be because of my personal preference and there is nothing foolish about that IMO.
I don't think receiving a replacement phone "re-ups" your 14 day return policy.

If it does, and you were TOLD it does, HECK YES... I'd upgrade to the X2. You'd be foolish not to.

Beka27

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, you were the one who was very excited for the X2 to be released.

I can only speak for myself that if I were offered basically a free "upgrade" for a phone that is 10 months newer than what I have (an extra $85 bucks isn't anything), I would jump all over it. The X2 has all of the good qualities of the original X, and extras that make it an even better phone. For existing X users (not within their return period) I would not recommend an upgrade. For you, I think it would be a great opportunity.

With all of that said, if you were not asking for our opinions, why would you ask if we all agree?

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I appreciate your opinion, minus the "foolish" remark. I think everyone on this board wants and appreciates the opinion of others thats why we post threads but I would not say they are "foolish" if they choose to decide otherwise. Have a lovely day :)
If I remember correctly, you were the one who was very excited for the X2 to be released.

I can only speak for myself that if I were offered basically a free "upgrade" for a phone that is 10 months newer than what I have (an extra $85 bucks isn't anything), I would jump all over it. The X2 has all of the good qualities of the original X, and extras that make it an even better phone. For existing X users (not within their return period) I would not recommend an upgrade. For you, I think it would be a great opportunity.

With all of that said, if you were not asking for our opinions, why would you ask if we all agree?

Beka27

Reaction score
You are taking that remark far too seriously. It's a figure of speech. I never said YOU are a FOOL.

But to make you happy, I'll rephrase...

If Verizon called me today and said, "Surprise! If you act within the next 2 weeks, you can upgrade to an X2 for the super low price of $85!" I would be foolish not to.

(Are we good?) :)