Droid X or Droid X2

cece5702

Reaction score
This is not about the Thunderbolt, Bionic or any 4G phone!!!!

If you had a choice to upgrade today and stick with a 3G phone until it comes to your area (year & half to two years) would get the Droid X or wait for the Droid X2?

I am not ready to upgrade to a 4G phone yet as its not going to be in my area for awhile.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Depends on you. If you want a physical kb, then the D2. If you want a bigger screen, HDMI, HD video recording, DX all the way :)
They're both excellent phones so it all comes down to preference.

Thread has been Thunder struck!!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Id wait.... EOL on the X is 3/31. That means your stuck in a phone that's almost a year old for however long your contract is unless you want to buy for full price. It also means that you may not be guarenteed the same phone if your current one breaks past that date.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

rcjames

Reaction score

If you had a choice to upgrade today and stick with a 3G phone until it comes to your area (year & half to two years) would get the Droid X or wait for the Droid X2?

I am not ready to upgrade to a 4G phone yet as its not going to be in my area for awhile.

Get the Droid X, has alot of great feature and it has a bigger screen to watch youtube, block buster, great screen size for to play few games. Nice screen size for remote access to a pc when you're at the bar or another place. HDMI is great to watch movies that is in you're phone at a friend house that support hdmi. Great to hack it, root it, install rom fully customize it. Great looking then a silly droid 2 with a mini keyboard. You don't need it get the droid x and believe me you wont need a real keyboard I like the built in digital their button is big for my fat fingers.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Because people aren't reading the op carefully..... asked about X2, not the d2 that's currently out....

pool_shark

Reaction score

Get the Droid X, has alot of great feature and it has a bigger screen to watch youtube, block buster, great screen size for to play few games. Nice screen size for remote access to a pc when you're at the bar or another place. HDMI is great to watch movies that is in you're phone at a friend house that support hdmi. Great to hack it, root it, install rom fully customize it. Great looking then a silly droid 2 with a mini keyboard. You don't need it get the droid x and believe me you wont need a real keyboard I like the built in digital their button is big for my fat fingers.

#1 - The droid 2 is a great phone, lots of people prefer the smaller size and the physical keyboard.

#2 - The OP is asking about the Droid X or the Droid X2, not the Droid 2.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ahhh sorry, need to go to bed! Haha

Thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I appreciate all of the comments but I am asking about the Drod X and Droid X2 NOT THE DROID 2!!!

I dont want a physical keyboard. I never use it. I have that now with the Original Droid.

According to Verizon Rep, if I purchased the Droid X today, I would have to hold on to it until 20 months which would put me at December 2012. I really think I could hold on to the Droid X for that time because of all the features the X have. If something happens to the X during that time, they would have to give me a phone comparable to the X.

I was trying to determine if I should get the X today or wait for the Droix X2?

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Yeah I really like the screen size on the X.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Like I said, id wait because the dx is already almost a year old. Do you want to be stuck with a old phone for another 20 months?

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Well, as I mentioned also, I dont mind holding on the phone until December 2012, because of the nice features the X have. I'm trying to determine the difference in the X and X2?
Like I said, id wait because the dx is already almost a year old. Do you want to be stuck with a old phone for another 20 months?

pool_shark

Reaction score
Even if he waits for the Droid X2, it will be old in 20 months. There is always something new around the corner, if people keep waiting for the next best thing, they'll never buy anything.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I feel the same way. We will never be able to keep up with technology or we would be broke!! You mentioned "he", I am a "she":).
Even if he waits for the Droid X2, it will be old in 20 months. There is always something new around the corner, if people keep waiting for the next best thing, they'll never buy anything.