Questions for Droid X owners

pattikate

Reaction score
Before I purchase a new Droid X, I would like to ask owners these questions:

Have you had issues with the phone randomly freezing or dropped calls? The reason I wonder is because of a few reviews I've read on the Verizon site.

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Best phone I've every had, and I've had the eris, droid, and the incredible. No problems of that kind at all. Go for it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I will list all the "problems" I have had with my DX..take them for what they are...

1) It has never dropped a call unless I was in a known "dead zone"...quite unlike damn near every phone I have had previously...

2) The call clarity is just amazing...confusing seeing as I was used to being slightly above 2 tin cans and some kite string on my other phones...

3) Crazy battery life...I cant quite figure out how my DX can go upwards of 20 hours on a single charge...got to be a fluke right?

4) This big-a$$ display is a real concern for me...I am quite terrified of the gamma rays it must be putting out...I can almost feel my face wanting to "Hulk out" after each call...quite disconcerting if you ask me...

So, as you can see..my DX is what it is...yours might be different though...:D

Seriously...the Droid X is a great phone...but there can be issues with any phone...:)

pool_shark

Reaction score
I have have experienced no freezing and only 1 or 2 resets.

OP
P

pattikate

Reaction score
Cool! How about Internet connection and 3G dropping to 1X??? Does this happen frequently with you guys?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Cool! How about Internet connection and 3G dropping to 1X??? Does this happen frequently with you guys?
Me personally...never seen my phone display 1X...always either 3G or WiFi...

Only time my phone "freezes" is when I am dong modifications to it such as themes or ROMs...normal use it does not occur...

sslbaron

Reaction score

I've had my X since around Thanksgiving, and I haven't had any issues with mine. I can count on one hand how many times I've seen the 1X connection. I use the data side of the phone quite often and is very reliable. I actually had an Eris first, and the X worked in a lot of places which the Eris had dropped multiple calls. If you have doubts about getting an X, I can say on the reliability side it has been great. I don't regret buying mine. :icon_ banana:

thinman72069

Reaction score
Never, ever had a dropped call. A few small issues that have either worked themselves out (magically) or have had them resolved by the fine folks of this forum.
Just get one already.

mugz91

Reaction score
Had a couple of times dropped to 1x but I live in a VERY rural area. Switched from at&t to get my x and so far this phone is the real deal in spades! Absolutely no complaints whatsoever and I'm just a plain vanilla stock user. If you want to root I don't know that this this couldn't make you breakfast in the morning! So, in short, yes I recommend purchasing one.

D_meist

Reaction score
Droid X is a great phone. However, its starting to get a little long in the tooth. Id go for a thunderbolt if you can afford it. As far as the droid X's hardware goes, the only problem I have is that the headphone jack sucks. It will cut in and out when listening to music. Oh, and the damns bootloader's locked.

csdeloy

Reaction score
Droid X is a great phone. However, ... headphone jack sucks. It will cut in and out when listening to music. Oh, and the damns bootloader's locked.

Never had any problems with my jack use it all the time I'd suggest a better pair of head phones.

Sent from my DROIDX

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Droid X is a great phone. Just upgraded to Gingerbread leak and the speed is amazing. No dropped calls, calls clear with no issues. 3G is consistent with not ever seeing anything but 3G as a connection. My phone is rooted and tethered and zipped up to 1.2 ghz with no over heating and minimul battery effect. Was going to upgrade to the Droid X2 when it comes out but with my current configuration that. May not be necessary any more.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Every phone is going to switch from 3G to 1X based on the signal strength of your location. In my office, I'm on 1X most of the time.

xan

Reaction score
ive had 5 dx's since feb. every single one has had manufactures problems.

from nonworking hard buttons, to constant reboots, to screen distortion issues.

- gee what a great phone.....

none of them has ever dropped a call tho.:icon_ banana:

Technoman

Reaction score
ive had 5 dx's since feb. every single one has had manufactures problems.

from nonworking hard buttons, to constant reboots, to screen distortion issues.

- gee what a great phone.....

none of them has ever dropped a call tho.:icon_ banana:

I have had ONE X my entire time, the one I got when I upgraded.
Not one issue with the hardware, software has been kept to the OTA non-rooted. No issues, why muck with it???