D1-Miui-1.5.20

DROOIID

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Juniorjwh will you post a link to that kernel for me please

Index of /kernels-052611

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

I cant seem to get any of the 1.25 ghz kernels working... if i am coming from a different kernel (deprimed) do i have to wipe cache or anything before flashing the new rom? I am kind of new to the kernel scene.

No you don’t have to wipe before flashing a new kernel. It may just be that your phone doesn’t play well with the 1.25. I’ve been trying the same 5/26 batch of Chevy’s kernels and none of the 1.25 versions worked on my phone. I’m not surprised because 1.25 has never worked very well on my phone when they worked at all. Even though I had my suspicions from past experience, this is my first go with Chevy’s kernels and I had to try just to be sure.

I have thus far settled on the medV-1.1, which is running real nice and super-snappy, though my wifi is not working and showing “error”. I’m not sure if it’s the kernel or not. I tried fixing permissions with Rom Manager, but that didn’t fix it. I don’t use wifi so I don’t mind it not working other than preferring that everything work as much as possible.

I’ve been reading through Deprimed and Chevy’s kernel threads and after a while it’s like I’m trying to understand Greek. The possibility of their functions, variables and features as well as enabling them via scripts appears very complex. It clearly is an area that separates the men from the boys – at least as far as technical knowledge and understanding of kernels.

Edit: I decided to move to and stay with the lowV1-1 because it runs much cooler.

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
Good rule of thumb when flashing kernels is always to start with the lowest speeds and work your way up. don't start with the highest...

I think deprimed max is 900 ghz so if that worked well for your phone go up to 1000ghz and than 1100 ect...until you start seeing instability, than stick with the last kernel speed before the instability.

Juniorjwh will you post a link to that kernel for me please

Index of /kernels-052611

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

I cant seem to get any of the 1.25 ghz kernels working... if i am coming from a different kernel (deprimed) do i have to wipe cache or anything before flashing the new rom? I am kind of new to the kernel scene.

Reaction score
Good rule of thumb when flashing kernels is always to start with the lowest speeds and work your way up. don't start with the highest...

I think deprimed max is 900 ghz so if that worked well for your phone go up to 1000ghz and than 1100 ect...until you start seeing instability, than stick with the last kernel speed before the instability.

Thanks for the advice.