D1-MIUI-1.4.8 (Gingerbread)

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Why is the MMS and Facebook sync STILL broken? I have no interest in this rom anymore until these issues are corrected, cmon guys its been like 4 versions now.

Sent from my D1 running Project Elite 5.02

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

cowsquad

Reaction score
Why is the MMS and Facebook sync STILL broken? I have no interest in this rom anymore until these issues are corrected, cmon guys its been like 4 versions now.

Yeah and don't trip over and smash your face on a gingerbread cookie with miui flavor added. :)

complaing for mms **** and facebook awwww :icon_evil: who cares about those issues.

dpaine88

Reaction score
When it says "Facebook will sync ALL contacts." in the Change log, does it mean no matter what it syncs all? Or If I turn facebook sync off completely, will it still sync them even though I don't want any synced?

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This definitely isn't the most stable. But I wasn't expecting it to be since its the first GB MIUI for the droid. Good work on the port though.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
When it says "Facebook will sync ALL contacts." in the Change log, does it mean no matter what it syncs all? Or If I turn facebook sync off completely, will it still sync them even though I don't want any synced?

I believe you can turn have it sync no contacts. But if you want it to sync any, it will sync them all. You can help keep them from showing up in your contact list by only displaying those with a phone number.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
I read if you change the vm heap size the launcher might stop fcs.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

bejank

Reaction score

For the Facebook issue, i know it's a pain, but once it syncs all contacts, just swipe right on each individual contact you don't want and delete them (it actually hides them). It really is annoying, but takes only about 5-10 min, and after that you're good to go.

excellentnuke

Reaction score
The launcher is really laggy on this ROM. I don't want to overclock unless absolutely necessary. Would increasing VM heap size help?

bullswife98

Reaction score
Awesome work guys! Congrats on the porting this over. Couldn't have been an easy task I'm sure. Looks Iike its begining to pave the way to gingerbread miui on d1 tp will be proud,(hopefully). I know its gonna be buggy for bit or till miui and gingerbread meld well together,gingerbread is a pretty demanding build for the droid1 and miui was a unique build from the start. Will be looking forward to see how far this will go,and what surprises lay ahead.

Hats off to ya guys! Thank you for your time and commitment to keeping us up on the new builds so we droid1 users can still enjoy our phones with love especially since you didn't have to do this for us. And as always TAKE YOUR TIME!! I would rather have a stable rom that took awhile to get together than a shotty one that was thrown together in a hurry.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

cowsquad

Reaction score
market issues

Im having issues with market, if i try to download any app on 3g, it wont do it, but if i turn on wifi, it will, what could be the problem, I did wipe/data before installing, i havent installed anything, beside a theme
any help

soccer568

Reaction score
Loving the update but for some reason when i installed the rom i clicked on my downloads and saw that my phone was downloading a Motorola update and im not sure why it would?Anyone else get the same thing?

x25064

Reaction score

Yeah and don't trip over and smash your face on a gingerbread cookie with miui flavor added. :)

complaing for mms **** and facebook awwww :icon_evil: who cares about those issues.

Why are they not fixed after 4+ versions of miui? It's not a lot to ask, and if I wanted a phone without Facebook integration and no mms, I'd get an iPhone 1 buddy.

jrodizkool01

Reaction score

Why are they not fixed after 4+ versions of miui? It's not a lot to ask, and if I wanted a phone without Facebook integration and no mms, I'd get an iPhone 1 buddy.

It's called a 'beta'. That means that it is a test build and not everything will work as well as in the final version. If you want Facebook integration and MMS, I'm sure the stock Droid rom has it.

excellentnuke

Reaction score
Another problem. The phone doesn't seem to want to come back on if it's plugged in and the screen turns off.