D1-miui-1.1.22.1

Hey quick question and I hope it's not a dumb one. I'm not new to croms and stuff but I'm new to MIUI. Since this is a new update, I don't wanna lose all my settings and stuff. Do i just flash this new rom over the mine right now? i'm on the last build (1.4). i really don't wanna wipe :/ thanks anyone for your help. :D

Hey quick question and I hope it's not a dumb one. I'm not new to croms and stuff but I'm new to MIUI. Since this is a new update, I don't wanna lose all my settings and stuff. Do i just flash this new rom over the mine right now? i'm on the last build (1.4). i really don't wanna wipe :/ thanks anyone for your help. :D

I would at least wipe cache partition. Make a backup first, of course. Full wipe is preferred if you report bugs. You can save quite a bit of your stuff by using miui backup, if you have apps on sd use Titanium backup to restore.

Wow. I just barely got 1.1.14 installed yesterday... and it's running really stable. REALLY STABLE. The only time I was getting Launcher force closes is when adding widgets, and there's a couple widgets that I can't use or they cause the FCs... but they're not mandatory, and it's not a big deal for me to do without those widgets.

Other than that, 1.1.14 is awesome!

But 1.1.22??? Ooooh, and I just barely got everything set up! Damn it!

Yeah, it's generally best to wipe. There are lots of apps to ease the restoration process. Personally I use MyBackup Pro for SMS, MMS, Call Log, Bookmarks, User Dictionary and also to save my Home Screen Layouts. Then I use Titanium Backup to restore data to games that store progress and a handful of other apps. After that I'm pretty much back to where I was when I left off.

I used to hate wiping between builds but the MIUI backup makes it easy enough that I always wipe now

thanks guys for the responses. i'm such a MIUI noob. i will try this now.

Edit: CRAP. i forgot i accidentally uninstalled the MIUI backup -_- i'm screwed now aren't i?

First time posting in this section , have seen the MIUI for a while but never thought of trying it out that is until last week , OH MAN , great stuff , now I am hooked . dancedroid
Great work !

I wish the Hold back to exit app would stay put. Im sick of having to go into the settings and enable it after it disables itself.

Edit: CRAP. i forgot i accidentally uninstalled the MIUI backup -_- i'm screwed now aren't i?

Nah, I don't even use it, there are many ways around it. Try MyBackup Pro for and/or Titanium Backup. You don't really need to back up your apps since they should automatically restore (it only takes me 10-15 minutes to get them all back on wifi). But you can use Titanium Backup to backup some app data (and also homescreen layouts if you do a backup for Launcher2).

I use MyBackup Pro to backup most everything else, including system settings. The only thing I usually have to do is re-tweak settings for MMS, Calendar, Browser, things like that.

First time posting in this section , have seen the MIUI for a while but never thought of trying it out that is until last week , OH MAN , great stuff , now I am hooked . dancedroid
Great work !

you and i are in the same boat man. i've had my phone rooted since forever and have gone through so many roms yet, i've never tried this one til now. well...err the last build which is amazing. and it looks cool when other people see that your phone is different lol.

Nah, I don't even use it, there are many ways around it. Try MyBackup Pro for and/or Titanium Backup. You don't really need to back up your apps since they should automatically restore (it only takes me 10-15 minutes to get them all back on wifi). But you can use Titanium Backup to backup some app data (and also homescreen layouts if you do a backup for Launcher2).

I use MyBackup Pro to backup most everything else, including system settings. The only thing I usually have to do is re-tweak settings for MMS, Calendar, Browser, things like that.

i've never heard of MyBackup Pro, will try it out later. i don't like Titanium :/ but thanks man. the settings for System settings and stuff is what i'm worried about but meh, means i get to spend more time with my baby :D

Jam. Just so u know when I had that prob over irc. I did that fresh wipe but that time I changed the default theme first instead of right to the edit mode for the theme part and now it all works perfectly... might of been the theme to..I had the prob with frois2 theme and now I applied black and bold and works fine

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

44 posts and no one has mentioned the 3d cube launcher effect :icon_ nono2:

Back