CyanogenMod 6 RC1 released, Let's you have your FroYo in style

bodean

Reaction score

Relex

Reaction score
I'm running into problems syncing to to gmail for my contacts...

I go into account and sync settings, add account, enter in my email and password then it says retrieving account information.... then goes to a server settings screen.

It has domain/username with \mygmailaccount, under that is my password and below that is server that says gmail.com

under that there's a check mark for use secure connection and a check mark for accept all ssl certificates.

I'm not sure what to do from here....

mikemullin6

Reaction score
setting up email account

You may need to run gapps. search within forum for links.

jdm627

Reaction score

jdm627

Reaction score
I'm running into problems syncing to to gmail for my contacts...

I go into account and sync settings, add account, enter in my email and password then it says retrieving account information.... then goes to a server settings screen.

It has domain/username with \mygmailaccount, under that is my password and below that is server that says gmail.com

under that there's a check mark for use secure connection and a check mark for accept all ssl certificates.

I'm not sure what to do from here....

Check for your device type and download in Google Apps
Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki

The fix for Market in Market Hack
releases:sapphire-0.8.4 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

onemotodroid

Reaction score
Clocking question with RC2

When I downoad CM6 RC2 (after wiping cache) my clock speed should be at 600 MHZ, correct? When I monitor the clock speed it is running at 250 MHz.

When I purchased my Droid it was ruuning at 550 Mhz (not 250). Computer as sold running at a set freq. Why do I need setcpu to run at stock speed, with these 2.2 ROMs?

Are there 2.2 ROMs out there that will be locked in at 600 MHz after download (not using setcpu)?

My current nandroid backup is using CM5 running at 750 MHz (setcpu, LV) and I have no problems. This ROMs at that speed on my Droid is solid (never hot).

toady

Reaction score
When I downoad CM6 RC2 (after wiping cache) my clock speed should be at 600 MHZ, correct? When I monitor the clock speed it is running at 250 MHz.

When I purchased my Droid it was ruuning at 550 Mhz (not 250). Computer as sold running at a set freq. Why do I need setcpu to run at stock speed, with these 2.2 ROMs?

Are there 2.2 ROMs out there that will be locked in at 600 MHz after download (not using setcpu)?

My current nandroid backup is using CM5 running at 750 MHz (setcpu, LV) and I have no problems. This ROMs at that speed on my Droid is solid (never hot).

You can see this after you change configs/kernels. You just need to go into setcpu, and have it re-detect your hardware.. It will then show all the slots your kernel is capable of.