CyanogenMod for Droid 5.0.5.7

koush

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Got bored one weekend and decided to set up a vendor/device config since I had a couple spare Droids sitting on my desk. It worked, so I tried cloning Cyanogen's repository to see if that would too. It did, and this project is the result.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Changelog
CHANGELOG at eclair from cyanogen's android_vendor_cyanogen - GitHub

Features:

* Can be used with or without Google applications
* Clean shutdown/startup system
* New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext4 partition and enable it in settings->applications (wiki page coming soon)
* Built in USB tether
* Graphical enhancements, trippy bootanimation, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash
* ARM NEON optimizations from 0xdroid and Qualcomm
* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
* FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
* Phone enhancements from Cytown
* Contacts enhancements from Wysie
* MMS enhancements from, well, everyone (see changelog)
* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
* DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option
* Huge collection of ringtones and audio
* Customizable Nexus live wallpaper by Chris Soyars and me
* All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
* 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
* OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
* Music app can respond to long-press on the volume buttons (from Metalhead)
* Launcher2 tweaks from ruqq
* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
* Tons of work on the build system by Koush and Chris Soyars

All source code is available at the Koush Github

INSTRUCTIONS:

- First time flashing CM to your Droid?
1. Install ROM Manager from the Market.
2. Flash Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
3. In ROM Manager, choose Download ROMs, select CyanogenMod.
4. Choose the latest version. When prompted, you probably also want the Google Addons as well. Wait for it to download. There will be a progress meter in your notification area.
7. Download complete! Choose "Backup" and "Wipe Data" before you install.
8. ROM Manager will then boot into recovery, perform the backup and wipe, and install. And you're set!

- Upgrading?
1. You will receive an OTA update notification via ROM Manager (at midnight or on boot). Just accept it! You can also just go back into the download area and download it if you don't want to wait. :)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
- Do NOT report bugs in themed or modified builds to me. I will not care or respond.

Zip files for manual installation via Clockwork Recovery:

Latest version: 5.0.5.7 Droid - 04/7/2010
Download: http://koush.romraid.com/motorola/sholes/cyanogen_sholes-ota-eng.koush_5.0.5.7.zip

Google Addon: EPE54B
Download: gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed.zip

Last edited:

kauaigs

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, what is the Google addon file for? Thanks.

That is the file to add Google Apps, which are not packaged in the ROM. You need that for Market, Gmail, etc. If you use Rom Manager to DL and install CM, this will happen automatically (make sure to check the option)

bacalao

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I figured that's what it meant but wasn't too sure about it.

RoLa

Reaction score
Glad to see this over here, I don't mind switching to see what's going on at the other site, it's just nice to see this here. Thanks

jcboyett

Reaction score
thought bout switching over to this rom. When using titanium backup does it hurt if I do a full data and system backup??? Trying to keep some of those system files, maybe I'll keep my text messages and **** that I always lose when switching over

kauaigs

Reaction score
thought bout switching over to this rom. When using titanium backup does it hurt if I do a full data and system backup??? Trying to keep some of those system files, maybe I'll keep my text messages and **** that I always lose when switching over

You can certainly restore your user app data, and txt messages etc. But be wary restoring system data if you're crossing over from another rom

jcboyett

Reaction score

You can certainly restore your user app data, and txt messages etc. But be wary restoring system data if you're crossing over from another rom

How do you go about backing up the necessary stuff to keep txt's and phone call data and stuff. What do you need to back up?

kauaigs

Reaction score

How do you go about backing up the necessary stuff to keep txt's and phone call data and stuff. What do you need to back up?

Now that My Backup Pro does Root, thats what I use. Its one-click, does Apps (data+apk) and also Data (can backup online or sdcard). Plus it has automatic scheduled backup. Thats what I use...

RoLa

Reaction score
Is it easier to use than Titanium?...I have TB figured out, It was just confusing on what needed to be backed up. I'm also retarded so anything that is easier to use I'll do it.

Last edited:

kauaigs

Reaction score
Now that My Backup Pro does Root, thats what I use. Its one-click, does Apps (data+apk) and also Data (can backup online or sdcard). Plus it has automatic scheduled backup. Thats what I use...[/qoute]
[qoute]Is it easier to use than Titanium?...I have TB figured out, It was just confusing on what needed to be backed up. I'm also retarded so anything that is easier to use I'll do it.

Well, I guess it boils down to preference. TB does more, but MBP does what you need it to! MBP backs up user apps&data and not system apps&data. That way you aren't going to mess with any system data from a previous rom, etc. And, the auto backup is nice, so you are always current in saving data (txt, phone log, etc)

I DO have both on my phone, but lately I've only used MBP

shah456

Reaction score
if you are installing manually do you need to combine the google addon or install separately?

kauaigs

Reaction score
if you are installing manually do you need to combine the google addon or install separately?

If you are installing manually you will need to flash the google apps zip also. Enjoy CM!

angler1

Reaction score
This is my first time trying this rom, and so far I am loving it. Have yet to experience such a smooth build. One problem albeit a small one for me is my gmail is not syncing automatically. I have to manually hit sync, I believe I have everything set up right since I have never experienced this before. Any ideas? I know there are a lot of options built into this rom so I very well could be missing something. Also can anyone suggest a nice clean smoked glass theme. I noticed in rm there is one for .5, can that be used on. 7? Thanks for any help.