Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 8.0.0 - Droid

The_Chief

Reaction score
OK, About to take the plunge and flash my first ROM. I'm using SPRecovery and I understand that I rename the download to "update.zip" before I put it on the root of my SD card. However, I already have a file called "update.zip" on my SD from when I rooted my phone. Do I just replace the file? If so, will it cause me to lose anything? I'm being very cautious cause I'm a total N00B and I really don't want to hassle w/ a bricked phone!

You won't lose a thing. Once you have flashed an update.zip the phone is DONE with it. You can rename it back to what it was so you know what's what... or just replace it. MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING STUFF so you have something to fall back on! That will prevent a lot of potential problems.

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
Can someone please help me? I flashed this ROM about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I absolutely love all the features. But I'm having many problems. First of all, everyday every 10 minutes or so something force closes on me. First I've tried the kernel in which i've been using for awhile, and i've tried all different kernels, and i've had no luck. Second, my phone will just randomly freeze and wont let me do anything for a few minutes. Third, lp lags soo much! Lp has always lagged for me, but it's much worse using this ROM. Also, I notice my battery life is much worse. I used to charge my phone every other day, but I'm finding I have to charge it every day now. Can someone please help me fix this? Because I really wanna keep this ROM I love it. (By the way I did do fix permissions)

Tsip85

Reaction score
Thanks Chief. I was sure to make a backup and the flash worked flawlessly. I have to say, this was much easier than installing a Hybrid OS on my old BB Storm. I've been playing around with all the new settings and absolutely love this ROM. One thing is bothering me though. I downloaded and tried two different fonts, but they are so small it hurts my eyes tring to read them. Is there a way to make the font size bigger, or is it just rial an error with different fonts?

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Without knowing ur recovery, if it was me id do a clean install, wipe/format: boot, system, data, cache all i know some people have had issues using clockwork recovery but it has worked flawless for me, however after any rom manager update or reinstall i flash sprecovery, then flash clockwork, then reboot into recovery just to make sure recovery is working...if it were me, if ur nkw using clockwork first in rom manager wipe download cache, then redownload UD8 from the link in the o.p....the using clockwork reboot into recovery, partions format boot, system, data, cache 3x, then still in clockwork go back a screen (or 2) & select install from zip, then choose choose zip to install, then choose the fresh download of UD, then select yes...thats the procedure that has worked flawless for me every time for any new rom install...also if it were me i would not restore apps with titanium or my back up pro i would reinstall them each individually fresh (so u may want to make a list of them prior to wipe) from the market......if u have any document files i back them up.....

tracker

Reaction score
i can't update to car home street view for google map...

any advice???

Bilgediver

Reaction score
ADW Launcher is working realllly smooth for me.

However it says there are music player controls on lock screen yet I can't seem to find them. Is there a way to activate them?

chukkdee

Reaction score
question about UM

Does the ultimate droid mod allow users to install fb account email bcuz for some strange reason i cant on my phone

joshmotodroid

Reaction score
changing launchers

hey guys, having a hard time getting the 2d launcher to work. I have tried rebooting after I install the launcher and still it doesnt work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

illmatic636

Reaction score
hey guys, having a hard time getting the 2d launcher to work. I have tried rebooting after I install the launcher and still it doesnt work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

What you need to do is go into Settings/Managed Apps/"whatever Launcher you current replacing"/clear defaults. Hit home button and the Launcher selection should pop up.

Jharmon12

Reaction score
I highly recommend just buying the full Launcher Pro version. You get some nice widgets, and can resize any widget on your screen with a long press. Not only that but the developer is amazing and deserves support. He is re-coding the entire launcher so its faster and can be updated quickly too...

As for UD9... don't wait for it, because I hear UD 1.0.0 is the next version now... :)

Just wanted to bump my reply because I still highly recommend buying it in support. This guy is one of the best out there...

Bump +1. Great purchase.

I would love to buy it but PayPal wont let me use my card. But it is a great program tho

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Charming64

Reaction score
Ok so I am new at this.. where do I even start, how do I upgrade my phone to this eXtreme 8.0.0? Is there a video some where with step by step instructions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!