Ultimate Droid 8.0 For Incredible Only

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This rom was made with source from the Google AOSP, with many features and enhancements added by me and from all over the android community. Made for overall performance FIRST and features and enhancements second. enjoy

**If coming from ANY other Incredible rom, make sure to boot into recovery mode and do a factory reset to wipe data and cache, and also do a wipe of dalvik-cache**

Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 8.0 For Droid Incredible!! Ftp Download from DF - Thanks guys!

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg

Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 8.0.0: (writing up full changelog now)

- FRF22D
- Fully Zipaligned
- Fully Optnged
- Zipalign - On Install (cyanogenmod)
- Pre - Themed (Themed facebook, twitter, and pandora available from the UD Settings Menu under built-in applications)

Modified Apps:
WyContacts 1.2 - Wysie
Cytown Phone AppV.30.1 - cytown
MMS enhancements from Ruqqq, Takuo Kitame, jeagoss, temporalshadows
Customized Deskclock w/special settings - cyanogen, Michael Webster
Modified Browser (fullscreen browsing and "incognito" mode- Optedoblivion

- First and only rom with Rotary Lockscreen on froyo (blackdroid)
- Added Vibrate to silent back to the volume controls (pulled since froyo)
- Added Vibration Mode back to the stock locksreen (pulled since froyo)
- Music Controls on Lockscreen: Stock and Rotary - (alankila/kmobs - cyanogenmod)
- Customizable lockscreens: (make lockscreen part invisible, remove certain elements, and add custom messages) - Wysie
- User Interface Tweaks: (change the colors of many elements of text throught the rom to suit your personality) - Wysie
- Long Press volume to swtich songs (when screen is dim - Jon Boekenoogen)
- Camera Button to pause song (cvpcs)

UD Settings Includes: NO NEED FOR SCRIPTS - Full Graphical User Interface (Ultimate Droid Settings -> Settings)
Quick Commands: Many commands that give you more contol over your system, free up your phones memory, fix small issues on the fly, and enable and disable certain sounds, ads, and the bootanitmation (blackdroid)
Backup/Restore: Backup and restore all of your apps in data and all of your installed ultimate droid extras (themed apps, boot animations, and fonts - blackdroid)
Built-In Applications: Gives you the ability to remove and reinstall most apps in the system with the need of any custom scripts (also houses themed apps - blackdroid)
Modified Apps: Give you the ability to switch out between the motified and stock versions of certain apps (blackdroid)
Custom Launchers: UD Custom 3D Froyo Launcher 2 (7 screens, double tap for previes, fullscreen and hide icon titles), Stock 2D Froyo Launcher, ADWLauncher, and LauncherPro (blackdroid)
UD Extras: The ability to switch out fonts, bootanimations, Live Wallpapers, and Lockscreens (WITH PICTURE MENU - blackdroid)
Applications Settings: Allows you to set the default install location of your app and install all apps on your sdcard (cyanogenmod)
DSP Settings: The ability to modify device audio for headset, speaker, and bluetooth (alankila/kmobs - cyanogenmod)
Input Settings: Haptic feedback tweaks, long-press home settings, lockscreen music control settings, and lockscreen unlock settings - (Michael Webster, Jon Boekenoogen/Kmobs)
User Interface: Tweak LED notification settings, Automatic backlight settings, set rotation settings, change color or various text (status bar, date and provide, and notifications), and screen time out settings (wysie, bcrook, jeagoss, Pedlar)
Transistions and Animations: Change speed of transitions and animations (blackdroid)
Mod Version: Shows version of rom (blackdroid)
Device Info: Shows battery info and amount of memory left in system, data, cache, and your sdcard (blackdroid)
Mod Chagelog: Shows changelog of rom (blackdroid)
- Choice of 4 different launchers: (blackdroid)
Customized 3D Froyo Launcher 2 (7 screens, double taps for preveiws, full screen, hide icon tiles on desktop auto rotate)
Stock 2D Froyo Launcher
ADWLauncher
Launcher Pro

Extra apps: (Downloads and installs from build-in apps -> UD Settings)
Amazon MP3
Chrome2Phone
Facebook
Astro - File Manager
Native Instant Messaging App (Pete)
Pandora
Quick Office (The newest version from the Droid 2 - blackdroid)
Sound Record (Pete)
Twitter
Wireless Tethering

Tools:
Busybox - cyanogenmod
Bash - cvpcs
Nano - cvpcs
Dropbear - cyanogen
fix permissions
zipalign
flash image
erase image
rysnc

Bugs:
koush's kernel installed in order to have a working camera (not tested with other kernels yet)

Feature Screenshots:

3.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
12.jpg
14.jpg

New Overhauld Music Player Screenshots: (Now Playing Screen and Widgets in both Portrait and Landscape)

6.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg

If you like UD and BlackDroids, Donations are appreciated :blackdroid:

Last edited:

dakoop

Reaction score
Posted on blackdroid site, figured I would try here too.

Can't get any commands to run in the ud settings on my wifes incredible. I have wiped multiple times, reflashed multiple times and no go. Wont delete apps or add custom stuff. Cleared su and tried again. No luck

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bradley975

Reaction score
Very impressed with this rom. Very impressed indeed. Great speed, no problems, looks great, and nice extras. Welcome back BD...

droid master

Reaction score
Ok I am love UD, I had the Moto Droid and always like UD, Now i got the Incredible, I was wondering if there is a way to use the stock Incredible Camera/Vid Recorder with UD8 ?

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Posted on blackdroid site, figured I would try here too.

Can't get any commands to run in the ud settings on my wifes incredible. I have wiped multiple times, reflashed multiple times and no go. Wont delete apps or add custom stuff. Cleared su and tried again. No luck

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

You have to make sure that you reboot into recovery and do a factory reset and wipe you dalvik-cache from the advanced settings if you are coming from another rom. Then they should work fine.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FYI....I ported my theme to this ROM at the request of one of the members....link is in my sig...

I haven't tested it because I don't have an Incredible, but it should work fine. The last one I did for CM worked out great.

XideXL

Reaction score
ROM looks great, as close to what I'm looking for out of a ROM as I've seen, but not quite stable yet. Had the phone app force close twice while configuring settings, and after 5-10 minutes, it started rebooting and/or freezing constantly. I'm assuming that's due to the overclocked kernel, as my phone did get pretty hot. I'm also new to being rooted and as far as I know no ROM I've installed has been overclocked and have had no issues with any of them.

Can't wait to see this thing in action once it gets a few more tweaks!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
FYI....I ported my theme to this ROM at the request of one of the members....link is in my sig...

I haven't tested it because I don't have an Incredible, but it should work fine. The last one I did for CM worked out great.

I was the one who did the test, using Kook's theme. The theme looks fantastic on the UD rom, just like the other themes he's ported. The man does quality work, and comes highly recommended. dancedroid

-Mike

tktouch12

Reaction score
i was about to update my incredible to 2.2 and just stay stock, but now that i see ultimatedroid has a rom for the incredible i will have to try it out. your roms were always great for the droid

dadajack

Reaction score
Hey, I just flashed this ROM after doing the factory reset and cache wipe in advanced settings. My Dinc is stuck in on what I assume is bootloader screen. is it safe to pull the battery and boot into recovery?

*edit: Ok, nevermind. It is on the ultimate droid splash screen now. It is still on the splash screen. it has been there for about 10 minutes. I am going to pull the battery and try to recover my latest backup.

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Hey, I just flashed this ROM after doing the factory reset and cache wipe in advanced settings. My Dinc is stuck in on what I assume is bootloader screen. is it safe to pull the battery and boot into recovery?

*edit: Ok, nevermind. It is on the ultimate droid splash screen now. It is still on the splash screen. it has been there for about 10 minutes. I am going to pull the battery and try to recover my latest backup.

See now, I didn't have any problems with my installation. I did the factory wipe - which I utterly HATE doing, if you've ever read any of my posts - and moved from Cyanogen 5, Test 8 to UD with no hassle. It did, indeed take awhile to boot up; several minutes, but I got to the stage of signing on to Google, and the sync took maybe five or six minutes. When it was finished, however, it had downloaded and installed nineteen apps, so the time delay was acceptable.

Sorry to hear that your installation was a bust.

-Mike