Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 8.0.0 - Droid

driodman

Reaction score
do i have to wipe data and cache to put this rom on my phone. and in rom manager there is no ud8 theres only udv9.8 or udv10 which is better use ud8 or ud9.8 or ud10 from rom manager

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
do i have to wipe data and cache to put this rom on my phone. and in rom manager there is no ud8 theres only udv9.8 or udv10 which is better use ud8 or ud9.8 or ud10 from rom manager

In addition to wiping don't use RM to download it. Those are old versions. See first post in this thread for the download link.

MI95SHO

Reaction score
So I let Launcher Pro expire on my D1 (hoping 9.0 would make it out before), and now when I try to get to my homescreen it loads up the browser and goes to LP's site. Is there a way to change the Launcher to anything else so I can get back to the home screen?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I let Launcher Pro expire on my D1 (hoping 9.0 would make it out before), and now when I try to get to my homescreen it loads up the browser and goes to LP's site. Is there a way to change the Launcher to anything else so I can get back to the home screen?

I highly recommend just buying the full Launcher Pro version. You get some nice widgets, and can resize any widget on your screen with a long press. Not only that but the developer is amazing and deserves support. He is re-coding the entire launcher so its faster and can be updated quickly too...

As for UD9... don't wait for it, because I hear UD 1.0.0 is the next version now... :)

hakked

Reaction score

if your on UD8 then its inthe ultimate droid menu in settings, custom launchers is what your looking for...

islandak

Reaction score
Reset default

Settings -> Applications –> Manage Applications –> Launcher Pro –> Clear Defaults

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I highly recommend just buying the full Launcher Pro version. You get some nice widgets, and can resize any widget on your screen with a long press. Not only that but the developer is amazing and deserves support. He is re-coding the entire launcher so its faster and can be updated quickly too...

As for UD9... don't wait for it, because I hear UD 1.0.0 is the next version now... :)

Just wanted to bump my reply because I still highly recommend buying it in support. This guy is one of the best out there...

MI95SHO

Reaction score

Just wanted to bump my reply because I still highly recommend buying it in support. This guy is one of the best out there...

Oh I agree 100%, and I know how to change the launcher through the menus, but I cant get to them to do it that way. All I can do with my phone is recovery, web browser, and Voice commands.

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score

Oh I agree 100%, and I know how to change the launcher through the menus, but I cant get to them to do it that way. All I can do with my phone is recovery, web browser, and Voice commands.

Free app in the market called Home Switcher will do the trick.
Should let you change to Launcher2 or any other launchers you may have installed.

MI95SHO

Reaction score
Free app in the market called Home Switcher will do the trick.
Should let you change to Launcher2 or any other launchers you may have installed.

Downloading Home Switcher did not work, but I was able to download ADW Launcher and reinstall the 2D/3D launcher within there. <-- in case anyone else runs into the issue.

Thanks iPhoneBlowz!

BeerCityKid

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the MLB at bat 2010 app? If so are you having issues with it? When I try and open the app it just keeps trying to load. I didn't have any problems until I switched to this ROM.

illmatic636

Reaction score

Bump +1. Great purchase.

Tsip85

Reaction score
OK, About to take the plunge and flash my first ROM. I'm using SPRecovery and I understand that I rename the download to "update.zip" before I put it on the root of my SD card. However, I already have a file called "update.zip" on my SD from when I rooted my phone. Do I just replace the file? If so, will it cause me to lose anything? I'm being very cautious cause I'm a total N00B and I really don't want to hassle w/ a bricked phone!