Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 8.0.0 - Droid

hookerdj

Reaction score
exactly what i was thinking those card errors are never true anyways and if you cleared your card how did you have a backup if your card was reformatted maybe im missing something im exhausted excuse me
Well, I'm officially giving up on this ROM. I flashed UD7, set it all up and rebooted successfully. Then I got an error message on my SD card that is was corrupt and needed to be formated. So I lost all my music, movies and backups.. Was able to re-format the SD card on my computer and get it recognized after flashing back to a really old CM backup I had. Then I had to upgrade to CM6 and re-do all my settings..
So, I'm done trying to get this ROM to work as it just doesn't seem to like my phone. Thanks for all the help guys!
Why didn't you back up your card on your computer BEFORE you reformatted it? Corrupt card errors are common on the phone, but 99% of the time, your computer is able to read the card fine.

loco

Reaction score
hey there, i just installed UD8 and am loving it so far. but i have a quick question for you......

im changing the font using the ud settings, but its not changing anything. im using the paid version of launcher pro, could that have anything to do with it ? exactly what fonts are supposed to change ??

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
hey there, i just installed UD8 and am loving it so far. but i have a quick question for you......

im changing the font using the ud settings, but its not changing anything. im using the paid version of launcher pro, could that have anything to do with it ? exactly what fonts are supposed to change ??

system fonts like notification fonts, date font, time font, etc. You have to do a reboot to see the changes though...

loco

Reaction score
oh ok, thats good news. thanks.....

one more, hopefully as easy. when i open an email in my gmail account, the text is very light and small. can i darken the text up somehow ?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
that's most probably cuz the stock font is thin. i didn't really like it. once you change a font that should help out.

shazam_it

Reaction score
just installed for first time. installed with rom manager. wiped data/cache. reinstalled apps and all of them force close. any help?

loco

Reaction score
i installed right over bugless beast 5. i did not wipe cache and data. everything worked fine. i had no issues with any apps and everything installed fine...... for now :)

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
just installed for first time. installed with rom manager. wiped data/cache. reinstalled apps and all of them force close. any help?

You need to download it from the link on the first page of this post and install with SP Recovery.

Mr_A

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what they think the best kernel is to use with this rom?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what they think the best kernel is to use with this rom?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Any of the P3Droid kernels. They work great.

Mr_A

Reaction score
Do you think p3droid kernels work better than Chevy kernels for this rom?

Sent from my Droid

loco

Reaction score
after my first full day of usage on this rom i must say that i really like it.

i do have a few issues that i could use some guidence on.

1. is there a way to increase the vibration when in vibrate mode ? for some reason, im now not feeling my phone vibe. it just doesnt seem to vibrate as strong.

2. i ride a commuter bus to work everyday and i listen to a streaming news program online that uses flash. well, it really plays the flash extremly slow. it sounds like i am playing a record backwards and very slow. is there a flash update i need to install or am i missing anything with flash ?

love the rom, first tiem UD user and looking forward to U9 !!

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
after my first full day of usage on this rom i must say that i really like it.

i do have a few issues that i could use some guidence on.

1. is there a way to increase the vibration when in vibrate mode ? for some reason, im now not feeling my phone vibe. it just doesnt seem to vibrate as strong.

2. i ride a commuter bus to work everyday and i listen to a streaming news program online that uses flash. well, it really plays the flash extremly slow. it sounds like i am playing a record backwards and very slow. is there a flash update i need to install or am i missing anything with flash ?

love the rom, first tiem UD user and looking forward to U9 !!

the flash problem has its own thread on here, its seems to annoy alot of people. I dont think its ever been addressed, after reading through other roms it seems the fix for this problem causes the rom to score low on quadraint....which people seem to care about..

and the vibrate thing is just weird and should be hardware dependent not the rom itself.