Ultimate Droid 8.0 For Incredible Only

babygodzilla

Reaction score
I have the UD and it is very buggy. I love the ROM but I want it to work right. I have a ton of force closing and if i am browsing the market it will randomly close and re-open to the beginning. The bootsanimations , fonts and more are not working and my phone will randomly shut off. PLEASE HELP ME LOL .. also is there a place for updates on the UD?

raskolnik

Reaction score
Is there a way to get internal storage to work yet? UD randomly created 3 partitions on there: one of 760MB, one of 200MB, and then one of 6.6GB. Windows can only access the first one, and Disk Management can't change the partitions. Any ideas?

strunker

Reaction score
I am to stuck on the splash screen as well, the white droid incredible splash screen.

It does not at all get past that screen. I have waited 5-10 minutes thinking maybe it just has a long start time, but still have had no luck.

Steps I did before trying to install from the zip file:

-wiped davlik
-format/wipe system/data/boot/cache
-did a factory reset
-cleared partition cache

I pretty much wiped out everything in the flash memory as well as the phones cache before trying to install the update. I renamed the zip, update.zip. (and no it wasnt called update.zip.zip, I checked in the zip properties.)

I am not sure what else to try. All I can say is thank you to whoever engineered nandroid backups because without those I would have been totally boned.

bipster

Reaction score
I just rooted my Incredible from stock 2.2 then went straight to UD 8. I love the rom on my moto droid. But I have had problems with the ability to install gmails update from the market, angry birds doesn't even show up in the market and my phone periodically freezes and then goes to the ultimate Droid boot screen and restarts. Any ideas? I haven't re-wiped or reflashed yet. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and has a definite fix.

bipster

Reaction score
Yeah - Clearly not going with ANY ROM without Angry Birds :)

Anyways, as a follow-up I did re-wipe and reinstall shortly after that post. I cleared Dalvik cache etc. Still had the problems. Something of note. I have a lot of apps on my droid and as soon as I booted into the Market it attempted to download all of those apps. This is when I would see the freeze happen the most. Could it be related to a bug within Google services? Maybe that's why certain apps won't load or update?

Just food for thought. I'm patiently waiting for 9 and hope BD can address these issues because asthetically and speed-wise this is my favorite ROM. I'm currently at stock.

Thanks in advance for any info!