CyanogenMod 5.0.7 for Droid on ROM Manager

sandfreak

Reaction score
I have 5.0.7.0 installed and it works great. However, I have downloaded 5.0.7.1 but after I go through the routine of checking google apps, backing up, wiping data and clearing cache, etc, when I select "ok" "to reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and continue the installation" nothing happens. I've tried manually rebooting. Still no installation. Any ideas?

me too...i have no idea what to do...been waiting for a reply

Can you install manually through clockwork recovery?

i just pulled the battery and when i rebooted 5.0.7.1 was loaded.

Dont know what was wrong but hey....i'll take it. :)

side note...with all the roms i've been trying out i'm starting to load up on backups...can somebody tell me how to get rid of some? do i need to plug my phone into my computer and get rid of them that way or can i use astro or rootexplorer to do it?

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you install manually through clockwork recovery?

i just pulled the battery and when i rebooted 5.0.7.1 was loaded.

Dont know what was wrong but hey....i'll take it. :)

side note...with all the roms i've been trying out i'm starting to load up on backups...can somebody tell me how to get rid of some? do i need to plug my phone into my computer and get rid of them that way or can i use astro or rootexplorer to do it?

Go to manage and restore backups in ROM manager. Long press on an entry to get a delete option.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brianjcohen

Reaction score
I don't know (or have time to figure out) what it is, but 5.0.7 is awful on my Droid. Laggy laggy laggy, plus some odd thing where my phone would only ring once on incoming calls. I was even running the Stock Home (whatver that 3d thing is, is terrible). So, it could be the 0.8.4 bekit kernel I had switched to, or it could be compcache which I had turned on, or it could be something else. Too busy/lazy to figure it out... flashed back to 0.8.3 bekit kernel with 5.0.6.2. Happy as clam.

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know (or have time to figure out) what it is, but 5.0.7 is awful on my Droid. Laggy laggy laggy, plus some odd thing where my phone would only ring once on incoming calls. I was even running the Stock Home (whatver that 3d thing is, is terrible). So, it could be the 0.8.4 bekit kernel I had switched to, or it could be compcache which I had turned on, or it could be something else. Too busy/lazy to figure it out... flashed back to 0.8.3 bekit kernel with 5.0.6.2. Happy as clam.

I've heard of people claiming compcache has sometimes led to horrible lag. But pure speculation on my part as to your situation.

FWIW, I'm running 5.0.7 with a new bekit kernel and no lag issues here.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
what's maybe making it laggy is Launcher2... try a home replacement (Helix, LauncherPro Beta, ADW)... should make things snappier

brianjcohen

Reaction score
what's making it laggy is Launcher2... try a home replacement (Helix, LauncherPro Beta, ADW)... should make things snappier

Read what I wrote again. I'm running Stock home. By the way, I'm the one who posted that thread a few weeks ago that fingered the alternate launchers as the primary lag culprits.

pdroid said:
I've heard of people claiming compcache has sometimes led to horrible lag. But pure speculation on my part as to your situation.

I'm going to try it one more time, without compcache. But if the phone-ringing-only-once bug is still there, I'm giving up and going back to 5.0.6.2 again :)

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
what's making it laggy is Launcher2... try a home replacement (Helix, LauncherPro Beta, ADW)... should make things snappier

Read what I wrote again. I'm running Stock home. By the way, I'm the one who posted that thread a few weeks ago that fingered the alternate launchers as the primary lag culprits.

pdroid said:

I'm going to try it one more time, without compcache. But if the phone-ringing-only-once bug is still there, I'm giving up and going back to 5.0.6.2 again :)

i read what you wrote :) the stock launcher is launcher2 (modified of course), not Home Launcher... i just installed it myself yesterday ;)

brianjcohen

Reaction score

pdroid said:

i read what you wrote :) the stock launcher is launcher2 (modified of course), not Home Launcher... i just installed it myself yesterday ;)

@wuyanks - Okay, thanks for the clarification.
@pdroid - I flashed to 5.0.7.1 and went with it "as is" -- no compcache, even stuck with that default 3d launcher. Seems to be as zippy and stable as my 5.0.6.2 was. I'm still running the 0.8.3 kernel, too chickensh*t to switch that out.

Thanks for your input guys.

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad things are running well for you. To be honest, I don't know what new things 0.8.4 brings to the table anyway, CM forums are down and I haven't read any of bekit's changelogs.

I guess now the final test is to have someone call you. :)

moondeamon

Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets and Genie Widget

Since installing cyan 5.0.7.0 and .1 i've noticed that beautiful widgets will not show the correct temp; Genie (Weather and News) will not update weather (i still get updated news tho) and when I open my browser, google can not seem to find my location. i wiped cache and yada yada yada upon installing .7 and .7.1.... i've also cleared data under system pref's. All this goes away if I enable gps.... however, I do not want to enable gps all the time and this is not how my system worked before. any help would be appreciated!