Genesis Version 1 (Overlay themed CM ROM)

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I could understand if that were true, but I installed gapps.zip after the fact and they still didn't show up. Slayher, do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
S

slayher

Reaction score
Any eta for 5.0.7.1 update?
Updated First post :)

@Quie2Droid im having the same problem with google apps...... hopefully he'll just add google apps to the ROM so we don't have to worry about it in the next update.
See above :)

I could understand if that were true, but I installed gapps.zip after the fact and they still didn't show up. Slayher, do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
You have a unique situation. And I am unable to recreate it.
Can you get me a log cat?

Also how exactly are you installing Gapps?

Are you installing via Rom Manager?

Last edited:

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Any eta for 5.0.7.1 update?
Updated First post :)

@Quie2Droid im having the same problem with google apps...... hopefully he'll just add google apps to the ROM so we don't have to worry about it in the next update.
See above :)

You have a unique situation. And I am unable to recreate it.
Can you get me a log cat?

Also how exactly are you installing Gapps?

Are you installing via Rom Manager?

I tried installing by putting the gapps.zip on the sd card, booting into recovery via rom manager, and installing zip from sd card. It says it installs, but then when I reboot, the google apps are not there. Like, my post above states, when I couldn't get it to work the first time-that way I just updated to your new version via rom manager, did not wipe data or cache, and my google apps were gone. So, I went to to a new install of 5.0.7 CM directly, chose to wipe data/cache, download google apps and all went great. Then I applied yours over the top and then google apps were not there again. Really weird. So, I reverted to a backup.

OP
S

slayher

Reaction score
I tried installing by putting the gapps.zip on the sd card, booting into recovery via rom manager, and installing zip from sd card. It says it installs, but then when I reboot, the google apps are not there. Like, my post above states, when I couldn't get it to work the first time-that way I just updated to your new version via rom manager, did not wipe data or cache, and my google apps were gone. So, I went to to a new install of 5.0.7 CM directly, chose to wipe data/cache, download google apps and all went great. Then I applied yours over the top and then google apps were not there again. Really weird. So, I reverted to a backup.

I am really sorry you are having these issues. I just installed both my ROMs, over backups, and clean installs, one wipe, and one no wipe, and it always works. If you can, try and get a logcat, and send that to me. I need it from a reboot

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
no reason to be sorry. Makes you really appreciate backups, LOL! I don't really know how to get you a logcat. I will try everything again either later tonight or tomorrow morning and see if I can figure it out.

How would you suggest to install gapps.zip?

hookerdj

Reaction score
its a zip file so if your running clockwork go into clockwork and hit install rom from sd and then pick the gapps file and thats it

no reason to be sorry. Makes you really appreciate backups, LOL! I don't really know how to get you a logcat. I will try everything again either later tonight or tomorrow morning and see if I can figure it out.

How would you suggest to install gapps.zip?

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i posted this is the 5.0.7.1 thread but it might also belong here sence im using the genesis 1.1.1. i notice my battery gets drained quick,i came from 5.0.6.2 to genesis v1 to v1.1.1 without wiping,i dont think i need to wipe coming from cm but anyway,im just wondering if anyone else noticed anything like this in the battery

hookerdj

Reaction score
i been messing around with the whole no wiping all night kept getting the same thing quick battery drains so i finally have a nekkid rom that i wiped all the partitions before hand then installed and then wiped data and cache then rebooted. I am getting way better battery life im sitting at a hour now and i am still at 100 percent after 20 minutes before i tink i was somewhere near 85 i dunno it was dropping fast before when i wasnt wiping

i posted this is the 5.0.7.1 thread but it might also belong here sence im using the genesis 1.1.1. i notice my battery gets drained quick,i came from 5.0.6.2 to genesis v1 to v1.1.1 without wiping,i dont think i need to wipe coming from cm but anyway,im just wondering if anyone else noticed anything like this in the battery

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed from ROM manager and had a failure...the downloaded zip would not install, and when I checked it the size was around 12 MB, instead of the approx 80MB it should have been. Downloaded on the computer and copied to SD card and did the manual install and all is well.

However, after installing the 5.0.7.1 update and Genesis google apps, my Corporate Calendar was gone...I pulled it from the 5.0.7 stock ROM and installed it myself, but wondering if you pulled corpcal.apk intentionally from your ROM, or ? I had it installed after installing the Genesis 5.0.7 theme...but putting on the Genesis 5.0.7.1 and Genesis apps got rid of it...

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Okay, I went into Rom Manager again and downloaded the new file, this time it prompted me to check google apps. I checked it and everything downloaded and installed just like it is supposed to. However, I too am now missing corp cal and it was there before. Can some post the corpcal.apk for me.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, I went into Rom Manager again and downloaded the new file, this time it prompted me to check google apps. I checked it and everything downloaded and installed just like it is supposed to. However, I too am now missing corp cal and it was there before. Can some post the corpcal.apk for me.

So it's not just me...Slayher, can you add corpcal back to your ROM, please?

skltr21

Reaction score
im installing genesis theme 5.0.7.1 from ROM manager and it's not working. keeps telling me the zip file is bad........?????