[Theme] CM Nightly Build 210 NexTheme

captdroid

Reaction score
CM Nightly Build 210 NexTheme... update added fancy animation version 12/2/10. Use this link to download full theme using PC only since folks have problems downloading via Phone:

Standard Animation version: http://filefactory.com/file/b486a36/n/CM-build210-NexTheme.zip

Fancy Animation version: http://filefactory.com/file/b489f31/n/CM-build210-NexTheme-animation-fancy.zip

Download either standard or fancy animation version. Control animation in spare parts app menu options Window animations, Transition animations, fancy input animations. You can turn off animations for best performance either version.

After Theme install go to Cyanogenmod Settings> User Interface> Tweaks Extras> Select a Theme> and select STOCK_Black then reboot so notification bar text shows correctly.

Credits: manup456 for his original NexTheme port, Thanks! bp328i for his NexTheme port and dialer tweaks, Thanks! Godfather for the Pandora widget fix, Thanks! sloan ranger for the HTC MOD keyboard pics, Thanks! captdroid for porting and tweaking to CM Nightly Build 210
smile.gif

Make a backup before you install.

This is only the Theme for CM Nightly Build 210. Must install CM Nightly Build 210 and gapps first. Boot your upgraded or freshly installed CM ROM first then apply the Theme after just clearing 'cache' in clockworkmod menu.

Themed apps contained in full theme install:
Bluetooth, Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Contacts, Deskclock, Email, Gallery3D, GenieWidget, Gmail, GoogleQuickSearchBox, Keyboard, Market, Mms, Music, Pandora, Phone, Settings, SpareParts, Talk, Voicedialer

Recommend: uninstalling Gmail and Pandora if already installed from the market.
Recommend: turn off Window animations, Transition animations in SpareParts for a faster experience.

Phone dialer options. Links below are only the phone dialer. Flash using same method as full theme posted above.
Download links (phone only):

Download full color phone here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b47b0fd/n/Phone_Full_Color.zip

Download half color phone here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b47b0g2/n/Phone_Half_Color.zip

First attached image shows theme with phone. Second image shows phone option full color. Third image shows phone option half color.

Trouble installing the full theme and / or one of the phone options? You installed but it's not taking? Your Phone is now boot looping after theme install? Check the space available in your /system partition /system/app Some are reporting space available low as 40k... that won't cut it... lol Use root explorer and delete lets say CMWallpapers.apk to free up space. Here is a list of 'safe' to delete apps from /system/app: Barebones - CyanogenMod Wiki

HTC MOD NexTheme keyboard option made using Gimpsta:

Read these instructions: [MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers and use the Gimpsta HTC mod keyboard I made in this download link: HTC_IME_hi_themed_by_gIMpSTa-NexTheme.zip

Be sure to also install the 'clicker' mentioned in the instruction. Then go into system settings, language and keyboard and select only the HTC Mod keyboard. Check out all the new keyboard settings!

Fourth and fifth attached image shows HTC MOD NexTheme keyboard option.

Last edited:

jerroedr

Reaction score
so im doing a full wipe "data and cache" and installing 210, but when i did it the first time, gmail and the market were still on my phone. Im trying again but do you have any ideas capt?

jerroedr

Reaction score
yea, even after 20 plus wipes and a fresh install i still have gmail google talk, the market, and most telling is the themed google search bar from the rc5 nextheme i presume

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
yea, even after 20 plus wipes and a fresh install i still have gmail google talk, the market, and most telling is the themed google search bar from the rc5 nextheme i presume

Huh? What is the problem?

jerroedr

Reaction score
so i was going to do a fresh install of the 210 nightly. The way where you wipe data, reset phone in sprecovery. I did that wipe easily 20 times, but when i boot up, without installing gapps, i still have gapps on my phone like the market, gmail, and the nextheme google search widget. that stuff shouldnt be there

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
so i was going to do a fresh install of the 210 nightly. The way where you wipe data, reset phone in sprecovery. I did that wipe easily 20 times, but when i boot up, without installing gapps, i still have gapps on my phone like the market, gmail, and the nextheme google search widget. that stuff shouldnt be there

Format the system partition then. I use clockworkmod.

jerroedr

Reaction score
got it fixed. took going back to stock rooted. but i got it

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score

Yep that will format the system partition... drastic but will work... lol

All you really had to do was install Gapps again which you need anyway.

I usually just install the nightly or RC without any wiping and CM will keep your existing Gapps (as you found out). Then install the theme for that build again. Install my favorite kernel, do some cleanup and I'm good to go. :)

Last edited:

jerroedr

Reaction score

I usually just install the nightly or RC without any wiping and CM will keep your existing Gapps (as you found out). Then install the theme for that build again. Install my favorite kernel, do some cleanup and I'm good to go. :)

i was having some issues though. in trying to get the lfy kernel to wifi i switched a module and it didnt work but it messed a few other things up

so i just said eff it, i was going to wipe clean when the final dropped anyway, now i dont have to!

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score

i was having some issues though. in trying to get the lfy kernel to wifi i switched a module and it didnt work but it messed a few other things up

so i just said eff it, i was going to wipe clean when the final dropped anyway, now i dont have to!

:) 10 char

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey captdroid,
I was wondering if you could tell me what is new in the 210 build? And if you happen to know, the 211 build as well?

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Hey captdroid,
I was wondering if you could tell me what is new in the 210 build? And if you happen to know, the 211 build as well?

Don't know exactly but if you read posts over in the cyanogenmod.com forum you may get an idea.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey captdroid,

Don't know exactly but if you read posts over in the cyanogenmod.com forum you may get an idea.

Alright, I'll check it out. I wish the Koush section was more update. I don't like the site that much, doesn't seem to get much traffic. Maybe I'm just not on it enough. UD is adding a lot of nice things to what CM has, I hope they plan on adding some things. That's why I was asking ha. But I'll take a look