[Theme] CM Nightly Bulid 191 NexTheme

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Finally up and running. Reflashed rom, downloaded theme again (mediafire worked), and then reflashed theme. Everything looks great.

Couple of suggestions for any future versions of the nextheme... These two small changes have always bothered me with this theme, I've just never asked if they could could be made.

1) The play/pause button on the music player would look great in green.

2) On the bottom row of the phone dialer, I'd suggest making the "circle +" button white, and the phone icon green. Or maybe making the phone icon green, and the two buttons on each side red.

Regardless, I appreciate you guys making this available to us. And thanks for the troubleshooting help earlier today.

I'm not sure what was going on with mediafire today. I could not even download my own file.

The Sloan Ranger

Reaction score
Sounds like you guys are all over the changes. It's always been my favorite theme and color combo, yet it's always seemed a little unfinished. It be nice to see somebody show it a little love and push it over the top.

Btw, the keyboard looks great.

Attachments

• snap20101123_215848.png
    snap20101123_215848.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 212
  • snap20101123_215927.png
    snap20101123_215927.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 204

captdroid

Reaction score
Sounds like you guys are all over the changes. It's always been my favorite theme and color combo, yet it's always seemed a little unfinished. It be nice to see somebody show it a little love and push it over the top.

Btw, the keyboard looks great.

Thanks for posting a pic of the keyboard. I really like the HTC Mod keyboard. Works great and loaded with settings. And www.gimpsta.com is fantastic. Cheers to Gimpsta, Jonas and all the devs who made the HTC Mod keyboard happen!

The Sloan Ranger

Reaction score
FYI, if anyone wants to flash the original nextheme font (antipasto), you can find it in Rom Manager - Lithium Mod - Kangerade - Fonts.

Installed over Nexthemed CM Nightly 191...No issues so far.

Be warned, it's not a font that everyone likes.

Attachments

• snap20101123_235702.png
    snap20101123_235702.png
    183.7 KB · Views: 190
  • snap20101123_235714.png
    snap20101123_235714.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 193

dpaine88

Reaction score
Any word if this theme works on 196? Just found this thread so I hadn't installed it when I was running 191.

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Any word if this theme works on 196? Just found this thread so I hadn't installed it when I was running 191.

I don't think so but please feel free to make a backup and try, oh and let us know if it does. If it does it will save me a ton of work...:)

The Sloan Ranger

Reaction score
Just asking a question here, and not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers...

It looks like UD 2.1 has dropped and is getting rave reviews. Any chance you guys could take your version of nextheme over to that rom? I regularly switch out my UD and CyanMod roms to switch things up and check out the nightlies. I'd love to have the same theme on both roms, and I know the UD users have been patiently waiting for this theme to come to the UD 2.x series.

Thanks again.

captdroid

Reaction score

It looks like UD 2.1 has dropped and is getting rave reviews. Any chance you guys could take your version of nextheme over to that rom? I regularly switch out my UD and CyanMod roms to switch things up and check out the nightlies. I'd love to have the same theme on both roms, and I know the UD users have been patiently waiting for this theme to come to the UD 2.x series.

Thanks again.

Frankly if your going to run UD you might as well run CM. Basically the same thing except CM is the source... IMO

jerroedr

Reaction score
captdroid, have you ventured to the uncharted territory of the builds above 191? its up to 198 i think

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Thanks again.

Yeah, I think I could do that. I was running UD 1.0.0 and know NexTheme was ported for that prior to CM 6.1 RC4 and then nightly build #191. I checked out UD 2.0 for about 10 minutes before I nandroided back. I never did see NexTheme ported to 2.0 either.

I love CM ROM’s but the theme selection has always been a little on the lacking side (or maybe I was looking in the wrong places…lol) that’s when I sat down and said how hard can this be??? Now we have NexTheme on CM 6.1 RC4 and nightly build #191. I also have a much gained respect for themers and dev’s.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Thanks again.

Frankly if your going to run UD you might as well run CM. Basically the same thing except CM is the source... IMO

I agree with this but there is some added features that are added in. It kind of reminds me of JRummy back in the day.

The Sloan Ranger

Reaction score

Thanks again.

I don't disagree. Still, both are exceptional products in their own way. For my usage, it basically comes down to this...

UD for when I get the itch to tinker with my phone (highly customizable).

CM for when I get sick of tinkering with my phone, lol (moderate customization & rock solid stability).

captdroid

Reaction score
captdroid, have you ventured to the uncharted territory of the builds above 191? its up to 198 i think

Not yet... been watching feedback on Cyanogen forum... at some point will have to though. Don't want to lose NexTheme and if framework has changed you don't want to flash the 191 NexTheme and I'm not going to ask bp328i to port for every other nightly... lol which I doubt he would anyway... to much work. And CM nightly build 191 has been running great for me so...