Genesis Version 1 (Overlay themed CM ROM)

slayher

Reaction score
Genesis Version 1 (Overlay themed CM ROM) UPDATED 5/25 to new 5.0.7

Ladies and Gents,After much thought, and hours of work, both learning and modding, I give you Genesis Version 1.2.
This is a CyanogenMod based Rom, themed using an overlay. AKA I downloaded the source files, put my images/settings in, and compiled.
***Not responsible for damage to your phone, marriage, house, computer, or missing items from your home***

First and Foremost, the Credits:
*Cyanogen, Koush, and the entire CM team. I downloaded their source and built from there. (we can add in google too)
*Bekit, I compiled my own kernel with Compcache patches in, and I used his repo. (Thank you)
*Manup456. I used several images from his Nex theme as a base.*Faruq (aka ruqqq) for HelixLauncher2
*Haxamatic cause I kanged parts of his themed Helix Launcher
*Insaneneivesis for his wallpapers linked in the wallpaper thread
*Prash for badass wallpapers that gave me the idea for the theme.
*Xeudous for teaching/showing me some code for the dialer/contacts
*Anyone else that I forgot and Stephan, kauaigs, Zombiethoughts, Dragon36, MattJ73 for testing.

A Few details about the release:Its an entire ROM. If coming from 5.0.6.2 or later, (for the moment) no need to wipe data/cache.
***If coming from a NON-CM rom, you have to download gapps and install those too***
1200Mhz 5 Slot kernel with Compcache patched in. (all the other normal goodies)
Compcache by default.
Built from latest source from Koush's repo
***One Last disclaimer, if you have not done this before, or have minimal experience installing new roms/themes please make sure you do your research and ask questions before flashing anything. That goes for all themes/Roms. ***
Heres the D/L Link: Click Here ***UPDATED to 5.0.8***
Gapps for Genesis: Click Here ***UPDATED for 5.0.8***

Just install using Rom Manager, or Clockwork recovery as it is in an update.zip format
BTW I recommend the Themed Swype from Here and, this Boot ani Here

Here is a 1000Mhz 7 slot kernel for those who dont like the 1200mhz Here

If you like my work, feel free to buy me a BEER! :)

Now some attached Screenies :)

Last edited:

stlcity

Reaction score
Slayer been running this that I picked up from you from the IRC for the last couple of days..the ROM is awesome.....the dialer specially...Its stable for the past 2 days. Is it the same that I picked up from the IRC or are there any changes? Love it so far...

mrgarrison

Reaction score
slayher you are awesome! i put this on my droid yesterday and its really cool. just wanna say great job!

tdog7879

Reaction score
do you extract first or just place it on the sd card and install threw rom manger?
Thanks

OP
S

slayher

Reaction score
Slayer been running this that I picked up from you from the IRC for the last couple of days..the ROM is awesome.....the dialer specially...Its stable for the past 2 days. Is it the same that I picked up from the IRC or are there any changes? Love it so far...

Ya this is the final build, fixed a few little graphics issues, and cleaned up some left over code from my experimenting.

I am glad everyone likes it. :) I put a lot of effort into it.

bodean

Reaction score
Installed over CM 5.0.6.2 and noticed a lot of screen lag / loading lag. Using Helix 1, OC'ed with default kernel at 800mhz. May install clean or wait for 5.0.7 final version

jev

Reaction score
Great looks and I really like it, but it messed up my sync with gmail and picasa. Any idea why?

tech44

Reaction score
Yeah, mine lagged a lot too and i did a clean install coming from bb1.0 and i was running at 1ghz. I installed helix1 and it's now a whole lot faster!

tdog7879

Reaction score
i installed right over 5.0.6.2 with the nextheme and so far so good ...no lag no issues ...im oc at 1200ghz ...i have never run 1200 before only 1000 ghz ...So for anyone that has been running 1200ghz before ...how is the battery life? heat? Is this a new a newly built kernal?...thanks for the help!