Blurry 2.3.20

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
So im a bit lost here... I installed first version of blurry 1.5.2 then installed the latest TBH leak which updated bootloader etc... then this newer version of blurry is out to run ONLY if you've run that leak... the system still says 2.3.20 not 2.3.320... I also have a version of focused running on another handset BEFORE TBH leak and system says 2.3.20 .... am I missing something? Just trying to sort out all these updates and know where im supposed to be....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I noticed the same thing after DL the link in the OP... Looks like I have the new kernel and bootloader but my system says 2.3.20 like yours

I'm hoping drod forgot to change the system info stuff when he did the update.

Also notice now that apps that were not in the market after I loaded the leak are now there to DL in the market after loading the new blurry

I'm not having any issues with it and this is by dar the best my phone has run with blur on it and I'm not even OC'd just want to make sure as well that I'm at the correct stuff

Last edited:

randroid123

Reaction score
Great Rom Drod! Its been working very nicely for me after a bit of app add/removal to my liking... The only issue Im having that I thought might be worth mentioning is with quadrant... On the stock 2.2.1 build I was able to get over 1400 consistantly at stock clocking... now with your rom Im pulling 900's at best with stock clock... cant break 1100 even at 1300 mhz... the thing is that the graphic tests ont he quadrant are pulling impressive fps and everything is running as if it would be pulling 1600-1700's... Im assuming this is just a little glitch (like the stagefright trick to make it go over 2000) The phone is running great and I know quadrant really means squat pretty much but still nice to throw down some big numbers when comparing :p Hope we can resolve the issue!!! Thanks very very much for your hard work!!!!

It begins...

What's a better guide as to how well a rom meets your needs: how well it meets your needs or how well the people who wrote Quadrant thought it would meet your needs?

Quadrant isn't a good benchmark. For example, it rates the N1's 65nm Snapdragon processor as about 4 times better than the X's 45nm OMAP (assuming the scaling is linear). Stop and think about that for a minute.

Right... I think that I made it perfectly clear... I know that quadrant is not necessarily an accurate benchmark or one that necessarily reflects performance... I'm not trying to compare the phone to itself... While the performance seems to be excellent regardless of the low bench... The bench HAS dropped by 500 on my phone so it is clear that there is something very different going on here. I'm just curious as to what that something is and why it does this. Thanks!

mdowns989

Reaction score
I noticed the market apps reappearing too... no probs at all.... I have another X running focused 1.8.6 and it has NOT been updated but mp3 does not work...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

superleon

Reaction score
Thank Drod2169's great work. I am now using blurry 1.5.2,which is great experience. I want to upgrade to 2.3.20. But I worry if I can return to the official 2.2 rom. I hope it's not a stupid question.
Thanks.

kennydied23

Reaction score
Hey drod, great rom! There's just one thing I noticed...when in the app drawer, the Files program is gone. Is that by design, or does that happen by formatting too much?

mdowns989

Reaction score
Once you upgrade you're stuck... although there was mention of an update.zip that takes you back to 2.3.15.... haven't seen it yet though....

Droid X rubiX 1.8.6 OC'd at 1.35Ghz Black Juice Green Mod

superleon

Reaction score
Once you upgrade you're stuck... although there was mention of an update.zip that takes you back to 2.3.15.... haven't seen it yet though....

Droid X rubiX 1.8.6 OC'd at 1.35Ghz Black Juice Green Mod

Thank you.
So I will stick to 1.5.2.

skarlson

Reaction score
For now the rom is useless because corporate contact sync is NOT working. I did a fresh install after installing the latest TBH leak and exchange will NOT sync contacts. I can't say that enough, email and calendar work but CONTACTS do not. This is a major issue since a phone is useless if you can't call anyone.

phenley

Reaction score
For now the rom is useless because corporate contact sync is NOT working. I did a fresh install after installing the latest TBH leak and exchange will NOT sync contacts. I can't say that enough, email and calendar work but CONTACTS do not. This is a major issue since a phone is useless if you can't call anyone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My sync perfectly...

skarlson

Reaction score

My sync perfectly...

Let me get this straight because a search reveals this issue goes as far back as Blurry 1.0; your EXCHANGE email account syncs contacts perfectly? What is your Exchange server version? Mine is using 2007. You should be quick to verify you are using Exchange because it sounds as though you don't know what Corporate email is and thus spoke wrongly without realizing it.

Perhaps I am mistaken; however the issue disappears when I install the 1.93 version of Focused. Focused has never had an issue syncing contacts almost instantly nor has any other ROM as far back as I can remember. This is an issue present in Blurry.

burtonlax

Reaction score
JRummy's App Causes Reboot

I've installed Blurry 2.3.20 as instructed and everything seems to be working great, however, when I try to load JRummy's app my phone reboots. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

phenley

Reaction score

My sync perfectly...

Let me get this straight because a search reveals this issue goes as far back as Blurry 1.0; your EXCHANGE email account syncs contacts perfectly? What is your Exchange server version? Mine is using 2007. You should be quick to verify you are using Exchange because it sounds as though you don't know what Corporate email is and thus spoke wrongly without realizing it.

Perhaps I am mistaken; however the issue disappears when I install the 1.93 version of Focused. Focused has never had an issue syncing contacts almost instantly nor has any other ROM as far back as I can remember. This is an issue present in Blurry.

Yeah my fault man spoke too quickly. Someone is a bit snippy. Only kidding, yeah my fault man sorry bout that

droid_freak

Reaction score
I've installed Blurry 2.3.20 as instructed and everything seems to be working great, however, when I try to load JRummy's app my phone reboots. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

A fix is in the works, overclocking is broken. JRummy is working on it.