Bionic or Galaxy S2

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well it doesn't change my mind it just makes me want the SII that much more. Hopefully it's out July and hopefully they'll let you get it on a one year contract.

xier

Reaction score
Doh -- it mean I need to move to the S2 thread...

Eschy

Reaction score
Or you could wait until around christmas when we'll be seeing the nvidia kal-el quad core processor in phones and get the full subsidized price rather than paying the extra $100 early upgrade fee(assuming you got a Moto Droid when it came out). I cant guarantee that quad core processors will make their way into phones by then but nvidia said expect to see it by christmas. Im personally holding out until then. Plus why buy a phone with gingerbread when we are expecting ice cream hopefully next month at I/O. The reason i say that is Moto and samsung havent had spectacular track records when it comes to updating their OS in a timely fashion. And who knows maybe the next nexus phone will be on verizon

OP
A

allan1313

Reaction score
Or you could wait until around christmas when we'll be seeing the nvidia kal-el quad core processor in phones and get the full subsidized price rather than paying the extra $100 early upgrade fee(assuming you got a Moto Droid when it came out). I cant guarantee that quad core processors will make their way into phones by then but nvidia said expect to see it by christmas. Im personally holding out until then. Plus why buy a phone with gingerbread when we are expecting ice cream hopefully next month at I/O. The reason i say that is Moto and samsung havent had spectacular track records when it comes to updating their OS in a timely fashion. And who knows maybe the next nexus phone will be on verizon

You can always wait for the next best. But you will be waiting forever. I have a D1 rooted and overclocked, but its just coming to the end. I will be getting the Bionic or S2 on a one year contract so I can get an upgrade now and then next Christmas I will get another even better phone.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I thought about doing that, but I think Samsung may actually update their phones this time around. We haven't gotten a Nexus yet so I'm not going to hold my breath for that. Plus if nothing else, I can always sell my phone on ebay and get something else.

Reaction score
Any word in the s2 battery? Cuz bionic's is insane....

Nevermind I found it haha

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_galaxy_s_ii-3621.php

So no 4g? :/

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
.... ::sitting impatiently waiting for some type of confirmation:: :popcorn:

Reaction score
That might be a deal breaker for me... I live in a good 4g area, and I have way too many friends houses with garbage signal that I could just wifi it and save my battery

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

zero7404

Reaction score
With the "leak" from Verizon that the Bionic and Galaxy S2 will likely be both dropping around May I am having trouble deciding which phone to get. I was set on the Bionic as I like the build of Moto phones, but the specs on the Galaxy S2 have really caught my attention.

The Galaxy has more ram and a better ffc, but the Bionic seems to have the better processor. Decisions, decisions.

june 9th is what i've seen as the drop date for the bionic and iphone 5. iphone 5 won't have LTE radio

been researching the bionic, interesting device. i may spring for it after it's release ....

Reaction score
june 9th is what i've seen as the drop date for the bionic and iphone 5. iphone 5 won't have LTE radio

been researching the bionic, interesting device. i may spring for it after it's release ....

You must have been reading the april fool's day write up : ) still hopeful for late april, but it seems May is becoming the majority of the general consensus. Then again, our speculations dont mean anything. :)

dafischman

Reaction score

You might want to look at that release saying they were coming out on the 9th a second time. It was an April Fools Joke.

Josh

zero7404

Reaction score
maybe it was ... just casually surfing earlier and don't remember the site i pulled this up on. there was a screenshot that looked like a verizon memo.

anyway, i'm not in a hurry. styling-wise, the bionic looks nice to me, hardware-wise, it's good enough.

decided i'm going to be buying the devices i want without a new contract or line addition/etc. so i'll be waiting a few months until after release to find one @ a reasonable price ....