Bionic or Stratosphere and the Problem With Waiting

Nimazahir

Reaction score
Should I get the bionic or stratopshere, they both come out on 9/8(leaked page)?
I am not sure what the specs on the stratosphere are, can anyone tell me? Is the stratosphere the galaxy s2 for verizon?
I am not going to wait for anything else b/c the problem with waiting is something better will come shortly after and there will always be something better right around the corner.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Should I get the bionic or stratopshere, they both come out on 9/8(leaked page)?
I am not sure what the specs on the stratosphere are, can anyone tell me? Is the stratosphere the galaxy s2 for verizon?
I am not going to wait for anything else b/c the problem with waiting is something better will come shortly after and there will always be something better right around the corner.

Nobody knows anything about the stratosphere. anything you hear at this point are just guesses. No one even knows how accurate that leaked page is. Unfortunately all we can do is wait for something official from verizon.

bigdad63

Reaction score
I won't touch the bionic unless moto has fixed the camera and video problems.

Reaction score
Gosh darnit, why do they have to put the Vigor out just far enough out that I ll actually wait on it. October 8, I might wait it out......

barski

Reaction score
Gosh darnit, why do they have to put the Vigor out just far enough out that I ll actually wait on it. October 8, I might wait it out......
Is the Vigor 4g? I heard it has a small screen though.

I read on some forums that the Vigor is to replace the Thunderbolt, so it would be 4G. I doubt it will have anything under a 4" display.

The rumored spec's of the vigor indicate it will wipe the floor with the bionic.

MS3G35

Reaction score
This is my dellema as well. The Vigor sounds like it will wipe the floor with all the phones up untill it's replease. So now it's just another waiting game for me. To buy or not to buy that is the question.

tcayton49

Reaction score
I read on some forums that the Vigor is to replace the Thunderbolt, so it would be 4G. I doubt it will have anything under a 4" display.

The rumored spec's of the vigor indicate it will wipe the floor with the bionic.

I've seen the rumored specs for the vigor(i hate rumors by the way) it looks pretty impressive, but i foresee a small problem that some users will find slightly inconvenient. I can see it going something like this: Charge the battery completely. Take phone off charger to make phone call. By the time the 7th number is entered, phone needs to be charged again.
Other than that, I'm sure it will be great.

barski

Reaction score
This is my dellema as well. The Vigor sounds like it will wipe the floor with all the phones up until it's release. So now it's just another waiting game for me. To buy or not to buy that is the question.

My plan is to forget about the Bionic. The Vigor's spec's are a night and day difference from the Bionic. Plus with HTC's announcement about the bootloaders yesterday, it gives us more of a reason to wait for the Vigor. I would hate to buy a phone knowing its going to be way behind spec's wise in a month. just my $.04

droidrenegade

Reaction score
Well, I am begining to think that Verizon is holding up the bionic, so Verizon can have a big day in Sept. that way they can all compete with each other which could present some interesting things like samsung has a great display.. Bionic I think will have great battery life and so on. However I think at this moment battery life may be more important. Not sure lol I have some thinking to do!!!

MS3G35

Reaction score
This is my dellema as well. The Vigor sounds like it will wipe the floor with all the phones up until it's release. So now it's just another waiting game for me. To buy or not to buy that is the question.

My plan is to forget about the Bionic. The Vigor's spec's are a night and day difference from the Bionic. Plus with HTC's announcement about the bootloaders yesterday, it gives us more of a reason to wait for the Vigor. I would hate to buy a phone knowing its going to be way behind spec's wise in a month. just my $.04
I agree, if the specs are right for the Bionic it is just a glorified D3 at best. And the D3 has been out for 2 months by the time the Bionic releases. It seems the SG2 is as good if not better and it's been out for how long now? I will still go use the phone when it comes out but I think I will wait it out a bit and see what becomes of the HTC Vigor. Plus it will give everyone time to find any bugs that might be with the Bionic and get it fixed. Gonna try and play it smart this time. I'm not sure I did that when I bought my Dinc. And I know we didn't do that with my wifes phone.:icon_evil:

lumpysherman

Reaction score
I have until Black Friday to make a decision on a new VZW phone. Have no idea which phone I'll be going after. My OGD is working just fine.
dancedroid

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

So you really think That the Stratosphere is coming in September? You will be lucky to see this phone by the end of the 4th Q. There has been nothing released about this phone at all no specs or nothing just a release date and you want to compare it to The Bionic. You waited this long you will be waiting longer for The Stratosphere and if something else is leaked about another phone while you are waiting for the Stratosphere then you will be comparing that phone with the other... Do you get the madness there will always be a phone on horizon.. You will have to make a decision or you will never purchase a phone...

If the GS2 gets release between now and September it will not be LTE 4G.. Also do not believe the specs released the other day about the Bionic it is not the complete specs. That is why it was removed from the MotoDev site. Take all leaks with a grain of salt unless confirmed by Motorola or Verizon...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

So you really think That the Stratosphere is coming in September? You will be lucky to see this phone by the end of the 4th Q. There has been nothing released about this phone at all no specs or nothing just a release date and you want to compare it to The Bionic. You waited this long you will be waiting longer for The Stratosphere and if something else is leaked about another phone while you are waiting for the Stratosphere then you will be comparing that phone with the other... Do you get the madness there will always be a phone on horizon.. You will have to make a decision or you will never purchase a phone...

If the GS2 gets release between now and September it will not be LTE 4G.. Also do not believe the specs released the other day about the Bionic it is not the complete specs. That is why it was removed from the MotoDev site. Take all leaks with a grain of salt unless confirmed by Motorola or Verizon...

Preach, we still don't have any actual specs or anything confirmed for the Bionic other than the release date either, so you're argument isn't exactly sound.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I really think that Motodev page was the old Etna with a couple of specs updated or edited.