Bionic or Galaxy S2

allan1313

Reaction score
With the "leak" from Verizon that the Bionic and Galaxy S2 will likely be both dropping around May I am having trouble deciding which phone to get. I was set on the Bionic as I like the build of Moto phones, but the specs on the Galaxy S2 have really caught my attention.

The Galaxy has more ram and a better ffc, but the Bionic seems to have the better processor. Decisions, decisions.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Exynos is right up there with the Tegra 2....

TI OMAP, Exynos and Tegra 2 are hands down the best processors in the biz. Can't go wrong with any of them.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
From benchmarks and spec sheet Exynos is superior to Tegra 2 , it has a better GPU , supports DDR3 compared to DDR2 on Tegra 2 and NEON media processing engine .
Galaxy 2 also has a superior Super Amoled Plus screen that needs less power , has double the amount of RAM . it's thinner , lighter , it has a gyroscope , from previews a better camera , it's not a Motorola .

player52

Reaction score
im having the same dilemma lol i was set on the TB then fell in love with the Bionic now the S2 is really catching my eye idk what to get.

leakim13

Reaction score
Too bad its not on big red... some of us are limited due to service restrictions of other carriers...

If I had the option its not even a choice...

Livin' Free and Not Dyin'

chasm31

Reaction score
I would pick neither. Hold out for stock vzw device. Panda dropped a hint in his last poem. Hears to hoping for vzw nexus.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes Galaxy SII in May......

Going to be a hard choice between the SII and the Moto Targa...what a dedcision this will be. Epic

leakim13

Reaction score
Well I guess my choice is made.

See y'all later lol

Livin' Free and Not Dyin'

OP
A

allan1313

Reaction score
So CK if it was your money and these were your 2 options it would be the S2?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
So CK if it was your money and these were your 2 options it would be the S2?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

You just had to ask me this didn't you? Lol

This is such a tough call. I was just saying in the mod forums that I was very disappointed that the SII wasn't coming to Verizon but it made my decision easier. Now that its announced I am literally torn betweeen the Targa and SII but i am leaning towards the SII at this moment. This will be the best Android handset of 2011 in my opinion with the Targa right on its heels.

I just don't know to be perfectly honest. What a hard decision this will be.

Sent from my Droid

WindedBison

Reaction score
I was staunchly for the Bionic but now after hearing the galaxy s2 is coming to VZW and reading up on the specs, i think i might actually go with the sammy. what do you guys think the dev community is gonna be like for it? and does samsung lock their bootloaders? I literally have no knowledge of samsung phones.