Bionic or Stratosphere and the Problem With Waiting

EFGantry

Reaction score
i can't believe no one is waiting on the Nexus Prime?? i'm not buying anything until i see that beast.

the Vigor specs are pretty jaw dropping, but i can't see getting a phone with such a horrible track record on batt life. the Bionic is currently my second choice, altho the specs seem somewhat behind the curve, given its release date. if the Strat turns out to be VZW's version of the GS2, it will also get a serious look, especially if it's LTE. but, i think Preach is right about the release date, and i'm not going to hold off on a purchase waiting on a Sammy phone (and especially if it turns out to be a slider, as some have speculated).

my choices: 1A) Prime 1B) Bionic 3) GS2 4) Vigor

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
i can't believe no one is waiting on the Nexus Prime?? i'm not buying anything until i see that beast.

the Vigor specs are pretty jaw dropping, but i can't see getting a phone with such a horrible track record on batt life. the Bionic is currently my second choice, altho the specs seem somewhat behind the curve, given its release date. if the Strat turns out to be VZW's version of the GS2, it will also get a serious look, especially if it's LTE. but, i think Preach is right about the release date, and i'm not going to hold off on a purchase waiting on a Sammy phone (and especially if it turns out to be a slider, as some have speculated).

There has been no sign that the Prime is coming to Verizon.

endobrian

Reaction score

You are going to kick yourself when it's delayed 2 months and eventually only for at&t. :)

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Should I get the bionic or stratopshere, they both come out on 9/8(leaked page)?
I am not sure what the specs on the stratosphere are, can anyone tell me? Is the stratosphere the galaxy s2 for verizon?
I am not going to wait for anything else b/c the problem with waiting is something better will come shortly after and there will always be something better right around the corner.

So you really think That the Stratosphere is coming in September? You will be lucky to see this phone by the end of the 4th Q. There has been nothing released about this phone at all no specs or nothing just a release date and you want to compare it to The Bionic. You waited this long you will be waiting longer for The Stratosphere and if something else is leaked about another phone while you are waiting for the Stratosphere then you will be comparing that phone with the other... Do you get the madness there will always be a phone on horizon.. You will have to make a decision or you will never purchase a phone...

If the GS2 gets release between now and September it will not be LTE 4G.. Also do not believe the specs released the other day about the Bionic it is not the complete specs. That is why it was removed from the MotoDev site. Take all leaks with a grain of salt unless confirmed by Motorola or Verizon...

Preach, we still don't have any actual specs or anything confirmed for the Bionic other than the release date either, so you're argument isn't exactly sound.

Well we had pictures of the Bionic and accessories we have Motorola President saying it will be released in September.. Some specs where released. But look at the Vigor and Stratosphere there has been nothing leaked about them at all but a release date.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
We have rumored pictures and rumored accessories. We need specs from Motorola for your argument to be valid. There's really no reason for us not to have verified specs for the Bionic if it's being released in September. The only possible reason they haven't released them is in case they run into a problem where they'll have to swap out some hardware.

Last edited:

EFGantry

Reaction score

You are going to kick yourself when it's delayed 2 months and eventually only for at&t. :)

i don't expect it until Nov or Dec - i doubt it will release beyond that. now whether it comes to vzw or not is another story - i'm banking on it coming. if not, i'll probably go with the Bionic.

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Should I get the bionic or stratopshere, they both come out on 9/8(leaked page)?
I am not sure what the specs on the stratosphere are, can anyone tell me? Is the stratosphere the galaxy s2 for verizon?
I am not going to wait for anything else b/c the problem with waiting is something better will come shortly after and there will always be something better right around the corner.

So you really think That the Stratosphere is coming in September? You will be lucky to see this phone by the end of the 4th Q. There has been nothing released about this phone at all no specs or nothing just a release date and you want to compare it to The Bionic. You waited this long you will be waiting longer for The Stratosphere and if something else is leaked about another phone while you are waiting for the Stratosphere then you will be comparing that phone with the other... Do you get the madness there will always be a phone on horizon.. You will have to make a decision or you will never purchase a phone...

If the GS2 gets release between now and September it will not be LTE 4G.. Also do not believe the specs released the other day about the Bionic it is not the complete specs. That is why it was removed from the MotoDev site. Take all leaks with a grain of salt unless confirmed by Motorola or Verizon...

There it is!! Nuff said,
Thx Preach

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
We have rumored pictures and rumored accessories. We need specs from Motorola for your argument to be valid. There's really no reason for us not to have verified specs for the Bionic if it's being released in September. The only possible reason they haven't released them is in case they run into a problem where they'll have to swap out some hardware.

So with the pictures released today are they still rumored pictures or are they legit?

Xerrus

Reaction score

i don't expect it until Nov or Dec - i doubt it will release beyond that. now whether it comes to vzw or not is another story - i'm banking on it coming. if not, i'll probably go with the Bionic.

Verizon has yet to ever get a pure Google device, why in the world is everyone suddenly thinking something is going to change? VZW will not get the Prime

sent from my Droid Charge

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Gosh darnit, why do they have to put the Vigor out just far enough out that I ll actually wait on it. October 8, I might wait it out......

Remember, the Bionic was suppose to be Q2 release and the TB was coming in a week, no 2 weeks, no... fudge....

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

So with the pictures released today are they still rumored pictures or are they legit?

Really? Because we finally get 2 clear shots of the phone hours after I make that post you're going to pull that? I thought you were a better guy than that Preach. Still terrible pictures of the front of it.

We still have zero verified specs for the Bionic from Motorola and we're a month out.

Cipherr

Reaction score

Prime isnt going to drop until 2012 at the earliest with ICS. No way in heck it launches before then man. Im thinking Q1 of 2012.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Verizon has yet to ever get a pure Google device, why in the world is everyone suddenly thinking something is going to change? VZW will not get the Prime

sent from my Droid Charge

I really don't understand why people try to use this argument. There have only been 2 nexus devices, and the first one came out less than 2 years ago. And in case you forgot, Verizon was initially planning on having the Nexus 1 available. Why is it so unbeleivable that they would get a nexus phone less than two years after the initial one. How long was the iPhone out before they got that?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

Really? Because we finally get 2 clear shots of the phone hours after I make that post you're going to pull that? I thought you were a better guy than that Preach. Still terrible pictures of the front of it.

We still have zero verified specs for the Bionic from Motorola and we're a month out.

I am a better guy then that just had a rough day at work!!!

But all you do is complain about the phone like you are trying to talk yourself and others out of the phone. If I am wrong then I apologize.. But that is what it looks like to me. I feel if people are not interested in this phone then got a thread with the phone they are interested in and stop putting down what others are interested in..

Last edited: