Bionic or Galaxy S2

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'll get the S2 the day it's released if no more good info is available about the Targa.

shdowman

Reaction score
And the specs just keep getting better...looks like it will be a 1.2 ghz dual-core and about a month delay (if roadmap is to be believed). My guess is July or Aug. (waits for all of the "OMG!!~ NO!! CAN'T WAIT TILL THEN!! OMG..GETTING A TB!!" comments lol)

For my money, this is my next phone (again...IF it comes to VZW). This phone will provide the future proofing I need to make my 2 year (or 1yr) contract a bit easier to swallow.

Samsung Galaxy S II gets upgraded to 1.2GHz, delayed until May or June? -- Engadget

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I have flipped flop so much!! Bionic then S2!!! I got a headache!!! Thank You CK!!!:D If this comes out for Verizon I will test both the S2 and The Bionic to see which one I would choose... I am going to wait 2 weeks after the release to purchase one of the phones...

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I did a comparison of both. The only potential issues I see with the Bionic is the PenTile screen and the 512mb of ram. If the screen looks good to me, I'll probably get the Bionic. Besides, we still don't know for sure that Verizon is getting the S2, so it may be a moot point. I do like the fact that Moto has put in such a large battery.

OP
A

allan1313

Reaction score
For me it's about release date also. If the S2 isn't coming until August/September I will get the Bionic on a one year contract and upgrade to a better phone again in a year. That is if the Bionic is coming later this month or May.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have flipped flop so much!! Bionic then S2!!! I got a headache!!! Thank You CK!!!:D If this comes out for Verizon I will test both the S2 and The Bionic to see which one I would choose... I am going to wait 2 weeks after the release to purchase one of the phones...

Hahahaha yeah that's the best bet for you since you can't decide. We will see you on the Galaxy side though :)

Sent from my Droid

xier

Reaction score
Do we know for sure the S2 is coming to Verizon?

Nope. Nothing official yet.

The s2 more and more looks like the phone to get. No worries if its delayed here...will continue to use my TB as my lte modem until.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
I'm actually relieved that the Charge isn't coming tomorrow because it makes the roadmap wrong. Now we can have a little hope that the Bionic may come this month after all.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
This guy from another Forum Claimed he messed with it at a Verizon Store. Take it for what it is worth...

I'll let you know that I played with one on 3/19/2011 in a VZW store that was being held hostage by the Samsung rep. Yes, GS2 in VZW and it was the same form factor.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
The Galaxy S2 was just confirmed to be upgraded to 1.2 Ghz. This is official for the Exynos version, but no word on the Tegra 2 version.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Does the rumored spec bump to 1.2ghz dual-core change anybody's mind about getting the Bionic and getting the S2 instead?