Bionic or Galaxy S2

rage151

Reaction score
maybe it was ... just casually surfing earlier and don't remember the site i pulled this up on. there was a screenshot that looked like a verizon memo.

anyway, i'm not in a hurry. styling-wise, the bionic looks nice to me, hardware-wise, it's good enough.

decided i'm going to be buying the devices i want without a new contract or line addition/etc. so i'll be waiting a few months until after release to find one @ a reasonable price ....

The screenshot was part of the April fools joke. On it, read the items in the iphone5 listing. It's over on www.droid-life.com 4/1/2011 news...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

zero7404

Reaction score
thats where i saw it ..... droid-life.
ill take news from there with a grain of salt & a margarita then .....

posted via android

vzwcooter

Reaction score
Anyone see on Phonearena that VZW is getting rid of the 1 year contract now too? Way to go VZW keep up the raping!

shdowman

Reaction score
Yup. Sure did. With the phone tracking, phone locking, ne2 gone, 1yr upgrade gone, 1 yr contract gone, and tiered pricing right around corner....all the reasons I have loved vzw (aside from coverage) are now gone. Sadly my options are att or sprint...

Not happy in the least....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Yup. Sure did. With the phone tracking, phone locking, ne2 gone, 1yr upgrade gone, 1 yr contract gone, and tiered pricing right around corner....all the reasons I have loved vzw (aside from coverage) are now gone. Sadly my options are att or sprint...

I would be careful about that and watch what happens. I will almost bet the others get rid of their one year contracts as well. The odds of it just being Verizon are slim to none.

vzwcooter

Reaction score

I would be careful about that and watch what happens. I will almost bet the others get rid of their one year contracts as well. The odds of it just being Verizon are slim to none.

Not just that...but when I worked at VZW I did notice that when they got rid of certain programs they always introduce new ones...they may not be programs in our best interest but it is usually some sort of perk. So we also may have something to look forward to.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Not just that...but when I worked at VZW I did notice that when they got rid of certain programs they always introduce new ones...they may not be programs in our best interest but it is usually some sort of perk. So we also may have something to look forward to.

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm thinking as well.

shdowman

Reaction score

Never said I was leaving. Just that I was none to happy. Thank god though that vzw "simplified" everything for us morons. It was waaaaayyyy to confusing...

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Oh you're right, I'm not happy about it either. I was actually just about to switch to the one year as well. This definitely puts a kink in those plans, to say the least.

corymcnutt

Reaction score
Anyone see on Phonearena that VZW is getting rid of the 1 year contract now too? Way to go VZW keep up the raping!
This was the first phone I was going to grab a one year contract on so I could upgrade next year as well. Verizon said not many people took advantage of the one year programs, and that may have been true in the past, but with LTE maturing and all of the new phones advancing so rapidly, I think more and more people would take advantage of it...I know I was in June!

frozty

Reaction score
Motorola and HTC make physically appealing phones. I can't stand the way Samsung designs their phones its so uggh... no creative. I love how minimal and simple the droid1 was, Droid X and most of the HTC devices. Aesthetics plays a major role in my choice. Hardware is a big factor too.

vzwcooter

Reaction score
I would usually agree, but the Samsung Galaxy S II actually looks very aesthetically pleasing to me. Very nice lines to it.

stupid3cf.gif

*Sorry had to! Never been able to use that smiley before lol