Bionic or Galaxy S2

OP
A

allan1313

Reaction score
Why are these companies always so guarded with the release dates? It's very annoying!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Why are these companies always so guarded with the release dates? It's very annoying!

So people will buy their latest offerings. Defeats the purpose if they announce "but if you wait another month and a half you will get the new super duper X Phone Deluxe"

Sent from my Droid

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was thinking bionic but moto's kind of sucked lately with their boot loaders and attacking devs and trying to track root users etc

Galaxy s2 is just eh to me just don't have a great opinion about samsung really so i was really thinking bionic if that comes out and then is able to be rommed up and has a nice dev community i'll definately go with that however

Tb looks nice to me at the moment but still waiting on the bionic and s2 none the less

joker402

Reaction score
if they made the S2 look like the UK then ill consider it, also if it samsung either not messes with the boot or verizon and samsung commit to timely updates

I love moto, boot aside, the quality and build of there phones is top notch and they are some of the first to push out OTAs, but a change isnt always bad now is it?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I like the S2 but after thinking about it and talking to someone with the Fascinate. He is still waiting on Froyo. Yea I know blame Verizon and Samsung. These are the 2 same companies that Brought us the Galaxy SI(Fascinate). Although it is well built and will probably be the best phone that is if it came out for Verizon. I do not trust Samsung upgrade wise and I do not want to get stuck with old software. I think I am going to stick with the Bionic. There is just not proof that it will be released for Verizon and I am not switching to AT&T or T-Mobile. And my biggest fear is no software update or very late updates.I do not want to have this phone then next year Samsung comes out with a quad core phone and decides to give that the latest OS and leaves me with Gingerbread.

May be I might change my mind. I do not know.. All I can go by is Samsung's past record with Verizon and Updates and for what I can see right now. It is not good.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Like my co-worker told me (Samsung Moment owner on Sprint), support for Samsung phones is nowhere near what it is for Motorola and HTC.

That is what holds me back on Samsung and LG devices.

Don't forget to switch the video to 1080p . Enjoy your Samsung

[video=youtube;pgLy0ubZfxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgLy0ubZfxE]YouTube - Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 1080p video sample[/video]

[video=youtube;2EljP9_m9KY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EljP9_m9KY]YouTube - Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 1080p video sample 2[/video]

My D1 just jumped off of a cliff, that video puts it to shame.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

That is what you know , there are many hands on previews of the phone , learn to use Google . A lot of them are on foreign sites , use Google translator .
Here's a in depth preview
Mobile-review.com Preview of Samsung Galaxy S II i9100. Part 1

Mobile-review.com Preview of Samsung Galaxy S II i9100. Part II

Great 1080p Videos Man!!! This whole thing is making me nuts!!! Decisions Decisions!!!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well all I can say is even with the fascinate at 2.1 it still blows a lot of phones out of the water. The interface-drop down notification widgets, awesome lock screen, etc all come stock. And contrary to what people say I think it is fast at stock. I rooted mine because it was easy and wanted to theme it and remove bloatware.

Also who knows how often motorola will update as of there current conflicts with google.

I am not saying samsung is who I will always go with in the future but I will never go with motorola again.

Sent from my fascinate

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Samsung Galaxy S II Comes with Dual USB-HDMI Port

As CK told us It comes with Dual USB_HDMI Port

Samsung Galaxy S II Comes with Dual USB-HDMI Port

[video=youtube;ZtwTcnR0hqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtwTcnR0hqA&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL)[/url][/video]

kyler13

Reaction score

So people will buy their latest offerings. Defeats the purpose if they announce "but if you wait another month and a half you will get the new super duper X Phone Deluxe"

Sent from my Droid

No kidding, especially with the Droid Charge still awaiting announcement let alone release. They'd deep six sales real fast if they even hinted at the GS2 coming to Verizon.

As CK told us It comes with Dual USB_HDMI Port

I think I read up on this awhile back, but between the Russian hands-on recently and the first minute or so of this video, I was wondering if we were gonna get screwed out of being able to power the device while on HDMI if the TV wasn't MHL compatible. Glad to see a standard HDMI adapter with a side port for usb power.

vzwcooter

Reaction score
I don't know much about this phone other than what I read in this thread....I hope it comes to VZW cuz like CK...I'm all about hardware and this thing has the specs to be amazing!dancedroid

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Tested Did A Video Review Of The S2

Great comparison between Atrix, iPhone4, and SGS2. Random comments, the Atrix boots much slower than the other two will the Bionic do the same, but not a big problem for me. The screen however, has very poor black levels. The SuperAMOLED+ of course beats the other two and is very fast!
[video=youtube;NmjY0s9BIws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmjY0s9BIws[/video]

Other random CTIA and other vid showing the UI speed.

[video=youtube;vBT6478wMOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBT6478wMOc[/video]

[video=youtube;08KIWRmjApA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08KIWRmjApA[/video]

CTIA 2011: Hands-On with the Samsung Galaxy S II - Tested

mobil.cz SGS2 preview

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its' on the roadmap for Verizon I believe. The S2 is gonna be awesome! But I am not one to jump on phones as soon as they come out. The two finger zoom function is sweet.