Bionic Camera absolutely sucks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

portableb

Reaction score
I thought this was the worst smartphone pictures I've seen, then I just now left the techinical expertise who said "those are the worst pictures I've ever seen, that camera is a joke and they have to come out with a filmware and not take this seriously." !!!
I'm going to upload them.
Out of focus, lighting sucks, I've done everything from brightness settings to try to change the MB and you can't!!! No switching it to 5 MB, etc. And you can't push and hold and it take a picture to manually focus!
MOTOROLA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!
No only am I about to downgrade and sacrifice the little things (beside duel core processor, HD video, laptop dock) like 4G by getting the Incredible 2 (but I had an incredible 1) but I'm about to switch to sprint (and suffer slower 4G speeds) and get the Photon 4G.
The NEWEST latest and greatest smartphone can't even do the simple things we need (which is essential before the want)!
(I won't even upload the Iphone (only 5MB) same pictures I took which blew these away.)

OP
P

portableb

Reaction score
No, it's not a phone or Motorola issue, it's filmware. They need to do an update, redesign, something. The sales rep says there's no problem with the Photon 4G. Why won't it let me upload pics? Just get the spinning hourglass forever. Just WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THESE HORRIBLE PICS! I'm telling you, the technical expertise couldn't believe it.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why don't you try a different camera app then? You title the thread that the Bionic camera sucks but if you know it's a firmware issue, there are ways around that....

idefiler6

Reaction score
Lol no way dude, filmware means it's camera stuff dood come on!11!!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Already folks on another forum said Vignette helps it take better low light pics. Until yesterday I had no idea a camera app could do that. I thought camrea apps were only for effects an whatnot. Trying a camera app might actually help.

schertz7

Reaction score
Aside from the "filmware" issue I have to agree the pictures are horribly grainy and utterly worthless if you intend to show any kind of detail.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I haven't seen a decent picture come from a cellphone since my LG Dare, so I wouldn't be surprised it sucks on the Bionic as well.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Somebody from Motorola should contact these guys Altus-Tech , Primax or Lite On , they make the camera for the iPhone for only $9.55 , we are talking about few extra cents , I would gladly pay $10-$20 extra for a main feature such as the camera if it was better . The camera on the Bionic was one of the main reasons I decided to wait for the Prime

Reaction score
I dont know what you're expecting from your cell phone, but if I want to take a high quality picture, I use my camera. If I want to take a pic on the go where always having my SLR on me isnt practical, this camera is more than sufficient. If its a software issue, and it is such a big deal, they will fix it in an update. I took three quick shots the other day and didnt get too much shutter lag (actually surprised because Ive seen point and shoots take longer) and the quality was more than ok for a phone pic.

If youre looking to take a family portrait then maybe the bionic isnt for you, and perhaps you should get this new isheep device coming out in a month. Of course i wouldnt mind the retina display or the camera they pack, but alas, I wont go to the darkside and trade in my man card for carrying an iphone with man purse and aviators that are mandatory accessories to that phone.

In summary, you wanna take GREAT photos, buy a camera. Im actually pretty happy with the video camera at that. Wish the bionic came out sooner cuz I sure coulda used this in a snap with my twin babies crawling around.

jgrimberg1979

Reaction score
I dont know what you're expecting from your cell phone, but if I want to take a high quality picture, I use my camera. If I want to take a pic on the go where always having my SLR on me isnt practical, this camera is more than sufficient. If its a software issue, and it is such a big deal, they will fix it in an update. I took three quick shots the other day and didnt get too much shutter lag (actually surprised because Ive seen point and shoots take longer) and the quality was more than ok for a phone pic.

If youre looking to take a family portrait then maybe the bionic isnt for you, and perhaps you should get this new isheep device coming out in a month. Of course i wouldnt mind the retina display or the camera they pack, but alas, I wont go to the darkside and trade in my man card for carrying an iphone with man purse and aviators that are mandatory accessories to that phone.

In summary, you wanna take GREAT photos, buy a camera. Im actually pretty happy with the video camera at that. Wish the bionic came out sooner cuz I sure coulda used this in a snap with my twin babies crawling around.

I don't agree. When they promote a phone and how it has a 8mp camera then they should back it up with the right firmware so it matches the quality of the hardware. The hardware is there. I agree that they pictures blow. My ip4 takes great photos and its a phone, not only that my Inc and thunderbolt take great pictures as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

_matt

Reaction score
The AOSP camera works well but the gallery/photo review in the app doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.