7-7-10 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade 5.0.9 *source built, 9 themes, bug fixes, many features*

joeyboots13

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the notification icons?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pitts2b

Reaction score
I noticed last night with this ROM that when I take a picture it does not appear in the gallery. It acts just like it took a picture, but I can not view the pic in the camera or the gallery. Is anyone else ran across this issue? any fixes?? Thanks guys!

edit: now when l go to the camera I get a cannot connect to camera message

bigchris

Reaction score
I have had this installed on my wife's phone for about a week now and she loves it however she has complained that 4 or more times a day she gets an FC saying that the Application Launcher has failed. Of course this messes everything up on the phone for a minute or two until it recovers. Is there anything I could try to do to stop this from happening? Would ADW Launcher be a good thing to install and see if it works better? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

samsonite801

Reaction score
How do you install a boot animation?? i downloaded them.. i have the bootanimation.zip on the root of my sd card. but its not changing? it says its moving it to /media or something. but i dont get it??

you said install as you would a rom. how would i do this??

can somebody explain this to me? im just afraid if i install it using ROM manager as i would a rom it'll mess things up?

Just use ROM manager and install the one that you want from the goodies file and it will do all of the work for you. You don't need to wipe data and cache unless you really want to, and also you don't have to create a backup unless you have already not done so before when you installed the ROM.

i did this and no change in boot animation =/ what am i doing wrong?

For some reason, the goodies tries to copy it to /system/media/ folder. So after you run that script, then use Root Explorer and copy the Bootanimation.zip from there ( /system/media/ ) to the /data/local/ folder. Then reboot phone and it will work after that.

samsonite801

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been covered to some degree, but I haven't tried a ROM yet that has wireless tethering built in already. Mine continues to error when I try to activate it (nevermind the sig, I am trying this ROM now).

Is there a fix? Do I have a problem or is it user error? :D

Go to this page: Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

...and read all the descriptions and find the appropriate file for your phone, and install it using Root Explorer. This is the only one I ever use and it has worked all the way from 2.0.1, 2.1, through to 2.2 just fine. On 2.0.1 and 2.1, you have to use a different kernel which has the tiwlan.ko module and iptables support so it can be a router, but Froyo 2.2 natively comes with this support so stock Froyo kernel works, in addition to P3Droid kernels and ChevyNo1 kernels (and a handful of others to I'm sure).

samsonite801

Reaction score

Iwho?

Reaction score
Been rooted for about 4 days now and out of all the custom roms Ive tried, Im reeeeally diggin this one so far. Im sporting the blueberry flavored theme right now BUT Im Iv noticed that it doesnt prompt a few of the custom theme apps. Namely the camera app which remained the same as the old 2.1 circular shutter looking deal.

When I tried the cyan blue it applied the camera on the sreen shots in the first page of this thread but not when I swithched to the blue. Is there a setting or something I overlooked? Also how do I get the Pandora widget to sport the blue lettering?

samsonite801

Reaction score
I know theres a special thread for screenshots, but ive been working on modifying JRummy's Green w/Clock notification file for about 2 hours and thought I would share...

Attn CoFoltman84,

I really like how you made the letters green and the signal meter green in this screen cap of your phone. I would like to learn what is necessary to change mine. I really like the black with green letters as it reminds me of the old days (I'm an old-timer from the monochrome monitor days), because when I first learned anything computers, I was using monochrome, and for some reason, now I always make all my terminal windows green foreground with black background, and following that I have always thought the JRummy 'GREEN' theme should've had a little more green in it than it currently does, but if you could tell me what I need to do to convert mine to make it look more like yours.

green-notif.jpg

Is it just a matter of changing picture icons in the appropriate drawable-hdpi folder and re-zip archive or do this screw up file sizes and make it invalidate the key or something? I haven't messed around much in the Android SDK so I just need a jump start. Or maybe you got some files you could give me to get started.
THANKS

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
I know theres a special thread for screenshots, but ive been working on modifying JRummy's Green w/Clock notification file for about 2 hours and thought I would share...

Attn CoFoltman84,

I really like how you made the letters green and the signal meter green in this screen cap of your phone. I would like to learn what is necessary to change mine. I really like the black with green letters as it reminds me of the old days (I'm an old-timer from the monochrome monitor days), because when I first learned anything computers, I was using monochrome, and for some reason, now I always make all my terminal windows green foreground with black background, and following that I have always thought the JRummy 'GREEN' theme should've had a little more green in it than it currently does, but if you could tell me what I need to do to convert mine to make it look more like yours.

green-notif.jpg

Is it just a matter of changing picture icons in the appropriate drawable-hdpi folder and re-zip archive or do this screw up file sizes and make it invalidate the key or something. I haven't messed around much in the Android SDK so I just need a jump start. Or maybe you got some files you could give me to get started.
THANKS

i downloaded JRummy's color notification update in the other thread, and before i installed it via update.zip, i ripped it apart, and yes all the files are in the drawable-hdpi folder. its just a matter of finding all the ones you want to change and then having the patience to change every single one of them...

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
ive been trying to edit the xml file to remove "Verizon Wireless" from the dropdown (i know theres an app to remove it "pulldown editor") but id like to try for free before i pay 1.99 to change something I'll only change once, only problem is my phone comes up with no service whenever i change it and i have to restore my backup...any suggestions on how to not screw it up? besides download the app?

I open up the eri.xml file in my xml editor, highlight verizon wireless from right to left, and then type what i want to say and since its shorter than verizon wireless, i put spaces to get rid of the extra letters

listenman20

Reaction score
there's a guy over in one of Chevy's threads that has a script that turns it off. chevy has scripts to change it in his but the other guy done a theme and added that as a goodie to turn off pulldown.

samsonite801

Reaction score

Attn CoFoltman84,

http://www.ojbox.com/green-notif.jpg

Is it just a matter of changing picture icons in the appropriate drawable-hdpi folder and re-zip archive or do this screw up file sizes and make it invalidate the key or something. I haven't messed around much in the Android SDK so I just need a jump start. Or maybe you got some files you could give me to get started.
THANKS

i downloaded JRummy's color notification update in the other thread, and before i installed it via update.zip, i ripped it apart, and yes all the files are in the drawable-hdpi folder. its just a matter of finding all the ones you want to change and then having the patience to change every single one of them...

Where is that update.zip?

Do you mind pointing me to it? Or could I have a post-modded one too since you've got all the green stuff in it? It would be cool to see both the pre and post update.zips and then I could toy with it too.

THANKS

bucket truck

Reaction score
This thing is insanely fast on my Droid. Absolutely NO lag running chevyno1 ulv1.25kernel set at 1000 to 250 on demand with setcpu. Very good temps too! I say again this rom is fast! Kudos to all that played a part in this version.