6-14 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade V1.0 *Blazing fast, 7 Theme options, many extras*

samsonite801

Reaction score
I had this issue before. You may have to try a few times to go. I make sure I hold the X and power button to ensure it goes through.

You don't have to hold down the power button the whole time. Just hold the X, and then push and hold power for 2-3 seconds until you see the 'M' and then you are free to let go of power button, but keep holding the X button down for around 10 more seconds until you see the recovery screen.

Last edited:

samsonite801

Reaction score
Hey Jrummy...can you make the default kernal the max (1.25?) for your rom and whoever wants can lower the clock. Its just a suggestion. :)

Are you kidding? I'd much rather him leave the stock Froyo kernel for the people who are fine with 800mHz stability. Besides those people if they install SetCPU want all of the slots there ranging from 125-800mHz, and not wasting 3 slots going all the way up to 1.25 if they aren't even going to run it. I'd rather the stock kernel be on the ROM so that if ever one of these custom kernels are unstable you can always revert back to a known working one. For example, I tried Chevy's kernel at first and it failed horribly. Finally P3Droid's kernel worked good. But before I tried P3Droid's kernel and realized it worked, I reverted back to the stock 800mHz kernel to prove that it was Chevy's ULV kernel causing me all the grief and then once I was back to that stable baseline, I was then able to try P3Droid's kernel with wonderful success. But the point of it all is this: if you want to clock to 1.25, then you get yourself the 1.25 kernel that works best on YOUR Droid, then you can set all the slots so your 7 slots are all set equally across the range from the lowest speed to the 1.25. Then if Joe Blow over there wants an 800mHz top speed, he gets his 800mHz kernel so he can have all his slots equally spaced from his lowest speed slot to his 800mHz. And he who doesn't care can just run his stock kernel and it will stay at the 600mHz or whatever the ROM has it locked to, and he knows it will be stable.

HEMItude

Reaction score
thanks for the heads up.. I will incude the update in my update.

you probably just need to delete the maps in system/app and then install from the market (didn't test this though so your warned):

su
mountsys
rm /system/app/Maps.apk (edit: or instead of deleting it rename it)
mv /system/app/Maps.apk /system/apps/Maps.bak
unmountsys
sync

I think I will heed your warning and wait for your update. No biggie. Maps still works well; the world hasn't changed that much for an update! :)

Ok, got it working. If you want the google maps update do this in terminal

su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
sh pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
unmountsys

Then download the undated maps from the market and your good to go.

I did this and it worked. But now the blue theme maps icon that came with the rom originally is gone. I had to recreate the short cut to maps and it's the stock non-themed icon.

Any way to get that back?

EDIT: Update to v1.1 fixed it.

Last edited:

samsonite801

Reaction score
I did this and it worked. But now the blue theme maps icon that came with the rom originally is gone. I had to recreate the short cut to maps and it's the stock non-themed icon.

Any way to get that back?

EDIT: Update to v1.1 fixed it.

Just for future reference... If you want some apk's icon do the following: Take that apk (from which you want its icon), and back it up somewhere else into some folder somewhere using Root Explorer. Then use 7-Zip (if on a mounted USB drive from your computer) and 'Extract Here'. Or you can use Androzip or I think Astro or Root Explorer even has the ability to extract zip files too. Then go inside that unzipped folder, to /res/drawable-hdpi/ and find that icon you want from it using Astro File browser and some picture viewer to find the one you want. Now take the apk that you want to replace the icon in it with the new one and do the same, copy that apk into a folder somewhere and extract it. Then copy the icon picture from the one folder's /res/drawable-hdpi/ to the others's folder just like it. Then use 7-Zip again but now zip up that extracted apk to a 'zip' archive and when done, rename the file from whatever.zip to whatever.apk and then copy that apk back to where it was where you found it using Root Explorer, or if you haven't installed it yet, put it where you want to install it from and install it using Root Explorer. This is how I do it anyways. And it works just fine every time I've used this procedure. Just save those icons somewhere so that when you upgrade the ROM you will still have the icons you want saved somewhere.

chad24taylor

Reaction score
Anyone else lose the ability to switch the phone to silent? I can only go as low as vibrate now for some reason. Any suggestions?

samsonite801

Reaction score
Anyone else lose the ability to switch the phone to silent? I can only go as low as vibrate now for some reason. Any suggestions?

Hadn't noticed that, just checked, and I have the same issue on Kangerade v1.1. Not a major problem for me, though.

Go to 'Settings' and make sure that 'Vibrate' is NOT set to 'Always', nor set to vibrate 'Only in Silent Mode'. If it is, then set it to some other mode, and if it is not set to on here, then it must be a problem under Froyo's hood. You'll have to then find the Froyo mechanic.

EDIT: Also, even if it appears that it is set correctly, try setting it to a different value ANYWAY, and then revert back to the correct value, because it could be possible that the value got changed but the UI is reporting the wrong value and not the updated value that got messed up somewhere else in the code. Sometimes by changing the setting away from, then back to the correct value can refresh it.

Last edited:

Murphy71984

Reaction score
How do you reinstall the stock browser? After removing it using a script in v1.1, Skyfire ceased to work. I know that sounds weird but I'm not sure if Skyfire relies on the stock browser to work or not.

samsonite801

Reaction score
How do you reinstall the stock browser? After removing it using a script in v1.1, Skyfire ceased to work. I know that sounds weird but I'm not sure if Skyfire relies on the stock browser to work or not.

You didn't do a full backup before uninstalling that app? Usually, if you are the kind of guy who likes to change things regularly, you should be backing up your ROM at least 3 times per week so that you always have multiple choices of points to refer back to. You should never run any script on your phone without first doing backups.

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Skyfire. It's possible that it and the stock Browser have some common file they share, and if Browser is being uninstalled, then the uninstaller may not have been programmed to be smart enough to know that another program may have needed some of those files, and it may have deleted everything that the original installer had installed. I usually use Titanium Backup to backup all apps even the stock ones, or at least go into /system/app/ folder and manually copy the Browser's original apk before you do anything to uninstall it, just in case you want to ever reinstall it later.

So just again to recap... HOpefully today you learned that whenever you run beta-type experimental operating systems, anything can happen when you are messing around with it as root user, and not every scenario has ever been tested (like it's possible that nobody ever tested that browser uninstall script with Skyfire installed), and so with this in mind, you should always run regular SPRecovery backups, and regular ClockworkMod Recovery backups, and use the slightly crippled (but usable) Astro Backup/Restore app tool once in a while, and use the Titanium Backup app backup/restore utility (which can also backup private apps, and system installed apps), and basically in general, just have a good backup strategy so you can always restore your setup back to a working point without have to spend hours.

Anyways, good luck, I hope you fix your problem without too much trouble

Last edited:

Sippykipnip

Reaction score
Maybe this is a question for Jrummy, I mentioned this before.

When I have the turn by turn navigation sound on, when the instructions come on the music for pandora pauses like it suppose to but doesn't resume, any thoughts as to why this occurs?

I would have to go back to either slacker or pandora and resume again. Anyone has this issue?

Jonny121

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to say excellent work. I do however have a small concern. I am an android application developer and it seems I cannot install/debug applications through eclipse with this rom installed.
ActivityManager: /system/bin/sh: am: not found

is what the console returns in eclipse. Hopefully this can be fixed so I can go back to your rom :)

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First of all, I would like to say excellent work. I do however have a small concern. I am an android application developer and it seems I cannot install/debug applications through eclipse with this rom installed.
ActivityManager: /system/bin/sh: am: not found

is what the console returns in eclipse. Hopefully this can be fixed so I can go back to your rom :)

Fixed in next update.. if you want to fix that error now do this:

adb pull pm from system/bin
open in text editor
make sure #!/system/bin/sh is at the top line
if not, add it and save it
adb push back to system/bin
adb shell chmod 755 system/bin/pm

same thing for system/bin/am

Jonny121

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply man. I've already flashed on a new rom and am working out an update for my app for android 2.2. After your next update I'll be sure to check it out. ^_^