[7-2] Froyo Source Built Kangerade 4.0.7 - *HUGE list of features & Themes*

hepbone

Reaction score
I love this ROM...actually has some features that I prefer over BB0.4....however my battery life sucks now!!! Im at 40% where normally I'd be at 80%. As much as I love the themes and options...I gotta say I'm going back to BB 0.4.

Yes, this is exactly the issue I'm seeing. But I'm not going anywhere else. :)

EbE404

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with cell standby eating up most of the battery?

Can you clarify what you mean? The statistics that the phone provides are only rough percentages of the percentage of the battery consumption that's occurred? It's more of a usage ratio than a quantifiable number, and that can vary pretty dramatically depending on what's going on with the phone.

Are you seeing unusual behavior, or something that you are noticing that's different?

Basically I mean that Cell Standby used to be a lot lower percentage based on my normal use of the phone. Now it's usually the second one in the list with somewhere between 16-25% of use. And my battery is dieing a lot fast than it used. I love JRummy's ROMs and won't switch off them, but just wondering if there was a trick in this 4.0.7 build to have the battery lasting longer like it used to.

Thanks for the clarification. I would not say that I'm seeing anything worse than I was previously (Kangerade 1.1, same kernel), but I am seeing more inconsistency. the other day, I let the thing run and had positively unbelievable battery life (40% after about 26 hours of light, but relatively normal, use), but today I've hit 40% after about 15 hours with very similar use.

I have made some minor tweaks to SetCPU, so that might account for some of it, but I was not expecting that large of a difference.

Lars1

Reaction score
Just to throw in on the battery subject. I am a very recent rooter and out of the 4-5 ROM's I've tried, I think I like the Kangerade NexTheme ROMS the best.

With 1.1 I was using Chevy's 1.25 ULV kernel (maxed out with profiles active) and my Battery Life was off the chain! (24+hrs with moderate use). I NEVER had anything like prior to rooting.

The downside? I had quite a few random reboots and some terrible boot loops and other random weirdness.

Now, with 4.0.7, I am using Chevy's 1 Ghz ULV and my battery life is nowhere near as good as it was but things are MUCH more stable. I will continue to play around with different kernels till I find THE ONE.

Realizing every DROID is different, any recommendations from the forumites?

p.s. Current Kangerade is running very well, no issues so far! (fingers crossed, looking forward to the update with baited breath:biggrin:)

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
do i need to wipe if im coming from buglessbeast v.04

UPDATE: the answer is yes...yes you do

Last edited:

btdownloads7

Reaction score

I'm using 5.0.8 now. What are the changes?

Ehhh... don't install 5.0.8-pre... need to fix some things I just noticed :icon_eek:

Or, if you do install it tell me if you get your location in news and weather.. and if your apps restore.

Having no problems at all, but I didn't install it clean -- I upgraded over 4.0.7, and haven't had any problems. I'll try 5.0.9 shortly, but do I need to wipe before installation?

dieselbmw

Reaction score
Does this ROM by any chance let you use tethering? I currently have the Kangerade V1.0.

wickked51

Reaction score
Ok first off let me say that Jrummy, u are the shizznit!!!!!! in having a lil problem with the blue version. my market will not open at all. also when i go to manually sync my gmail contacts, its not even an option to choose from. is there something i missed?? and last is the beautiful weather widget dat doesnt show the forecast icon. can i get some help please......

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
oops wrong fprum moved

Last edited:

mkw87

Reaction score
I have noticed my phone also drains itself unnecessarily looking for cell signal even when i have full service. According to juice plotter my radios have been searching all morning even tho i have full service and it definitely decreased the battery life.
Might try the 5.0.9-pre and see what it does.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

veritech

Reaction score
any body else who uses nextang notice when youre on screenlck and you slide out the keyboard the colors of the slider change to stock colors?

mike919

Reaction score
any body else who uses nextang notice when youre on screenlck and you slide out the keyboard the colors of the slider change to stock colors?

yes. lock sliders were not themed in landscape.

nightwo|f

Reaction score
another issue i've had is tab completion on the shell via adb. This used to work in Kangerade 1.0 and 1.1, but now on 4.0.7 it isn't working. Anyone else had that problem and found a work around?