OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply man. I've already flashed on a new rom and am working out an update for my app for android 2.2. After your next update I'll be sure to check it out. ^_^

cool man.. what's your app?

Jonny121

Reaction score
It's called Student's Pet. Basically an app to manage school work. I'm big on procrastinating and it helps me manage my time a bit more wisely as missing deadlines in college isn't quite as forgiving as it was in high school lol.

Reject

Reaction score
I need some help getting the latest google maps installed, it fails when trying to install from the market for from the apk.

I used adb shell to do the following -

su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
sh pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

The last command jsut returns "Failure"

I tried doing adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps and it returned "sh: pm: not found"

I checked the superuser permissions and they are correct.

I saw com.google.android.apps.maps in the application manager, but after several reboots, it's no longer there. When it was there, the uninstall button was grayed out.

I've rebooted and tried installing the apk and it fails every time, same with from the market.

Any ideas or suggestions?

samsonite801

Reaction score
I need some help getting the latest google maps installed, it fails when trying to install from the market for from the apk.

I used adb shell to do the following -

su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
sh pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
The last command jsut returns "Failure"

I tried doing adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps and it returned "sh: pm: not found"

I checked the superuser permissions and they are correct.

I saw com.google.android.apps.maps in the application manager, but after several reboots, it's no longer there. When it was there, the uninstall button was grayed out.

I've rebooted and tried installing the apk and it fails every time, same with from the market.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Yeah, screw adb. Don't do it the hard way.

Just go buy Root Explorer from the market and then browse to /system/app/ and check for a file called Maps.apk and if one exists, click the button in the upper-right corner of Root Explorer that says 'Mount Read/Write', and then long-click Maps.apk (if file exists) and select 'delete'. Now click the button in the upper-right corner that says 'Mount Read/Only'. This folder: /system/apps/ is for all of the factory installed apps that a normal user cannot delete or uninstall. If you delete them from here however, they will now be uninstalled.

Then, again using Root Explorer, proceed to navigate to /data/app/ and look for a file called: com.google.android.apps.maps1.apk (or similar file name). This folder is where the market installs all user-removable apps. If you see that apk for maps here, I would just delete it. Me personally, I actually copy any of these apk files to a backup folder on my SD Card before I ever delete them just in case I may need them later (like if it had a better icon in it or something). But once you delete those files then click 'Mount Read/Only' before exiting Root Explorer.

Then go to the Market and you should be able to download the latest version. If you want it to be undeletable like the original Maps, then just go copy the apk of the latest Maps version after you installed it from the market (should then be in /data/app/ folder), just copy that apk to some backup location. Then uninstall it from the market or delete that apk from /data/app/, and then just put that file into /system/app/ in Root Explorer and normal-click on it so you can then select 'Install' and it should install it as a system app. Since the market has it in there though, I usually just leave it installed in the /data/app folder as a market install so that the market can just handle updates for it.

Reject

Reaction score
I reinstalled the rom and used root explorer to delete Maps.apk. Then browsed to /data/app and com.google.android.apps.maps (or any variation that would suggest it being maps) was not in there.

Tried to install from the market and again it failed.

samsonite801

Reaction score
I reinstalled the rom and used root explorer to delete Maps.apk. Then browsed to /data/app and com.google.android.apps.maps (or any variation that would suggest it being maps) was not in there.

Tried to install from the market and again it failed.

Boot into SPRecovery and clear your cache partition, or even before that you can try to go into Applications and find Market app under 'all' tab and clear the cache in there. Then if no worky, clear all cache. Then try installing from market again. If no worky, then go find the maps apk on the www somewhere and put it into the /data/app folder and from Root Explorer select it and select 'Install' to attempt a manual install from there.

jasond1979

Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure out what was going on with some peoples wifi? When I turn it on as a hotspot my computer sees it, but then the bars go to just one and it doesn't work. I'm using the blue theme and like it everything runs great but no hotspot feature working. I"m running it at 800Mhz, how do I change the speed down lower if I want to try that..

Thanks in advance.

Jason

samsonite801

Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure out what was going on with somehttp://p3designs.info/kernels/ peoples wifi? When I turn it on as a hotspot my computer sees it, but then the bars go to just one and it doesn't work. I'm using the blue theme and like it everything runs great but no hotspot feature working. I"m running it at 800Mhz, how do I change the speed down lower if I want to try that..

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Install a P3droid Kernel and that should fix your wifi

P3Droid Kernels

And SetCPU from the market will let you control your cpu clocking. There is also an overclocking thread here that tells all about how to get the best out of SetCPU.

samsonite801

Reaction score
By the way, there are more current threads here for Kangerade, since the v1.0 thread is dead now. There is also a better alternative to Kangerade now too as Jrummy now has the new 'Lithium Mod' out now, which so far for me has better performance than Kangerade had.There is also a separate thread for Lithium Mod too.

ckdg888

Reaction score
Kangerade w/ Droid X ???

Will the existing Froyo Kangerade V1.0 Roms Work on the Droid X?

I saw the thread that somthing is cooking but dont know if the Kangerade can hold me over if i have a Droid X in the meantime?
:blackdroid:

lisaq

Reaction score
I've been trying to install the Pink version of this all night. I've done it through SPRecovery and with ROM Manager. It aborts the install while verifying the file. Any ideas? This is my first time trying to download a custom ROM and I'm getting very discoruaged. =(

skltr21

Reaction score
I've been trying to install the Pink version of this all night. I've done it through SPRecovery and with ROM Manager. It aborts the install while verifying the file. Any ideas? This is my first time trying to download a custom ROM and I'm getting very discoruaged. =(

Its probably because this is an old ROM and the download links don't work properly. His newest is lithium mod. Look that up. There's the same colors for that I believe.