(updated 5-31) N8 & JRummy's CM Remix V0.8 *7 Themes, built from source, many extras*

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great ROM, but I am running into an issue. My Droid reboots when I take a picture and/or load a YouTube video. Help?

Try fix permissions in rom manager or from terminal

su
fix_permissions

I'm hoping that works but if not try taking a look at your logcat and finding possible issues.

su
logcat

mrdroid

Reaction score
So I've been looking for a ROM/Theme that I just leave as is.... and my Droid can just be My Droid instead of my constant device that gets flashed every day. I really think this is the ROM that replaces the stock and makes this my personal device. This ROM has been perfectly stable, fast, has everything and looks amazing. The only thing I see myself changing is the color. Right now I'm using the Pink-Life theme which is amazing.

Great work N8 & JRummy.

SoDroid

Reaction score
I don't think this has been asked, I apologize if it has...

I am using the cyan themed launcher pro which places the apk in system/app. When i go to the market to get the new LP update, its does not recognize that I have the app and asks me to download it, which obviously won't work because I already have it in system/app. And if i delete the system/app themed LP and DL the one from the market, it will no longer be themed.

Is there a way to have the new LP and have it themed?
Thanks in advance!

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I am using the cyan themed launcher pro which places the apk in system/app. When i go to the market to get the new LP update, its does not recognize that I have the app and asks me to download it, which obviously won't work because I already have it in system/app. And if i delete the system/app themed LP and DL the one from the market, it will no longer be themed.

Thanks in advance!

I will have to re-theme it all over again.. uhhh.. eventually I will.. or if some kind person wants to port it for now that's cool too. :icon_eek:

jmackxiii

Reaction score
Im having an issue with the script to remove the camera sound..
after running
su
soundoff
i get
looks like the camera
video : not found

anyone have any advice?

SoDroid

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

I will have to re-theme it all over again.. uhhh.. eventually I will.. or if some kind person wants to port it for now that's cool too. :icon_eek:

Awesome! Thanks JRummy! ...whenever you get around to it. This rom is already the Shiz! :D

Edit: May want to wait a bit. It seems that there is a problem with landscape mode so another update will likely be out in the next few days.

Last edited:

jbrock98

Reaction score
Sometimes when I try to run a script it'll say something like r/o(not sure if that's the right letters) error not enough room on device then under that it'll say lwp changed.... looks kinda like this

su
scripts
lwpdroid1
r/o error no room on device
lwp changed to droid1

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
Great ROM, but I am running into an issue. My Droid reboots when I take a picture and/or load a YouTube video. Help?

su
fix_permissions

I'm hoping that works but if not try taking a look at your logcat and finding possible issues.

su
logcat

Well, the fix_permissions didn't work. After I execute the logcat command what am i looking for for? Sorry, I'm new at this part of the working the ROMs.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
after running
su
soundoff
i get
looks like the camera

anyone have any advice?

yeah. jacked that script up when I re-wrote it.

You can do this in terminal and then follow what the script would normally do when it starts w/ the word mountsys....

su
cat system/xbin/soundoff

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

su
fix_permissions

su
logcat

Well, the fix_permissions didn't work. After I execute the logcat command what am i looking for for? Sorry, I'm new at this part of the working the ROMs.

look for possible errors when you have your reboot issue. You can send me the logcat and I can take a look and hopefully I could fix it.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sometimes when I try to run a script it'll say something like r/o(not sure if that's the right letters) error not enough room on device then under that it'll say lwp changed.... looks kinda like this

su
scripts
lwpdroid1
r/o error no room on device
lwp changed to droid1

Try deleted some things you don't usually use or try the update.zip for that lwp.

jmackxiii

Reaction score
after running
su
soundoff
i get
looks like the camera

anyone have any advice?

yeah. jacked that script up when I re-wrote it.

You can do this in terminal and then follow what the script would normally do when it starts w/ the word mountsys....

su
cat system/xbin/soundoff

su
cat system/xbin/soundoff

did not turn off the camera sound, did i miss a step? Great ROM BTW

vmann32

Reaction score
Is there any dark glass facebook like 07 had?The wiget is light colored and with 07 I used an update that is gone now(may not have worked for 08)

really, it's not themed? what theme did you choose? I might have missed it on accident.
I am using remix 08 stock p3droin 1200 7 slot OC 1000.It is running fantastic.I found smoked glass Face/twitter and the twitter is still there the FB went back to light background but also the power widget is cyan color instead of the green color.

As for the camera sound Jrummy gave me this earlier in the thread and it works np.Thanks JR

mountsys
mv /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.bak
mv /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.bak
unmountsys
sync

Coaster63

Reaction score
Im new to rooting. I just flashed this rom with spr. How do I put the phone to sleep with the power button?