7-7-10 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade 5.0.9 *source built, 9 themes, bug fixes, many features*

Spike760

Reaction score
Just wanted to show this, and thank Jrummy for giving me the highest Quadrant score.

37603_464416154072_748744072_6239057_3373420_n.jpg

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what's the link for downloading the boot animations?? i tried finding it in this thread, but it's late and i'm tired... thanks for the help!

Spike760

Reaction score
Spike, how are your temperature and battery handling your setup?

The only time I REALLY have a problem is when I drive around listening to my music for a long time. I live in SoCal so it gets pretty hot here sometimes, I've witnessed my phone get to 120 F, I put it in a fridge to cool it off after that.

Battery is pretty decent though, I can make it through a whole day talking on the phone for maybe 3 hours, listening to music for 2 hours, and running some occasional apps, I charge it every night though when I go to bed, usually it's at about 40%.

To get that score, I used Kangerade 5.0.9 (Blue Theme) and ChevyNo1's 1.2GHz Med voltage kernel. And then I uninstalled some unneeded apps through Kangerade scripts (like twitter, pandora, email, etc). I had setCPU to do 1200 highest and 800 lowest and set the governor to performance. If I put the lowest to like 1000 it sometimes crashes, so yeah.

Hope this helped! :)

bucket truck

Reaction score
Well mine has ran great without a hitch but my wife's will not boot a ULV kernel at more than 8mhz.

korosimsu

Reaction score
hey guy I just installed the green theme with clockwork and rebooted now it just loops the droid word and red eye animation. anyone know what to do?

LudeNsoL

Reaction score
okay i figured out the recovery mode but which one is my back up file?

kamisan

Reaction score
recovery

okay i figured out the recovery mode but which one is my back up file?

hopefully you did a backup before install, if not all is not lost, just more work.
If you did a backup you go to recovery mode- reboot with slider open, hold X key down till menu shows up. Go to nandroid, then restore backup. If your backup does not show, you will need to navigate to it, should be in the SD card (which is what you have access to in this mode) clockworkmod/backup/ you backups who's names are written by date i.e. 2010-08-30-15.33.58 (my own last backup)
choose it, next menu makes you tab down and re-choose it takes a while, then your back to what you used to have. If this does not work you can push a lower kernel then use recovery to install it as well but that is more work. Once your up I would recommend backing up your backups onto your PC (or mac if thats your flavor)

You can even remove your SD card and drop items on it then re insert an d recovery to them...

just my .02 hope it helps.

packetdog

Reaction score
... and for the record, you NEED to use ROM Manager to install Lithium Mod 1.0.12- It's only FRG01B, but it's better than Kangerade.

dmartin1972

Reaction score
ok. I am kind of new to this. I downloaded the rom. i did a nandroid backup before i downloaded. Can i restore the apps from before? And how?

packetdog

Reaction score
ok. I am kind of new to this. I downloaded the rom. i did a nandroid backup before i downloaded. Can i restore the apps from before? And how?

Please see my earlier posts in this thread. This is probably not the ROM you want to install on your Droid because it's one of the first builds of Froyo (Android 2.2) that came out, and LithiumMod replaced it in a lot of ways. There's even newer ROMs than Lithium that are available, so check those out too.

josh4rmwebb

Reaction score
Boot Animation

I have had the Kangerade rom for a while now, but I can't get the boot animations to work. Ideas?

kamisan

Reaction score
boot anitmations

kangerade had a script for that-
there are a few ways to do a boot animation change-
if you use root explorer it is in /data/local/ and is bootanimation.zip
Iv'e seen alot of people download and rename and not realize they made it .zip.zip

you can download a new boot animation and overwrite the one in the /data/local/ directory or use a script and reboot.

absolute system works great also- it also lets you preview it before install.

P.S. you do not have to use rom manager. That is an incorrect statement, if that was true ALOT of people using sp recovery would be stuck. The difference is rom manager lets you install roms/ progs. etc with any name on them as long as their are a .zip SP recovery defaults to update.zip and in the root directory of the SD card. Rom manager lets you update from anywhere.
Overall I like rom manager better- albeit is has broken a few times but the current version has been solid.

Also if you like kangerade I would try lithium mod. All the fuss that is not the latest is a little misleading. Misleading in that the 22 build only have a few minor changes from 01b, it is not like your speed will double, your force closes go away- nothing could be further from the truth. What you will get is supposed to be better exchange support, a little better battery life.

If you like kang- you will love lith, and there is a new version of it coming I hear, not sure how fast but knowing Jrummy and the rest it will be worth.