7-7-10 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade 5.0.9 *source built, 9 themes, bug fixes, many features*

askey35

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if you are able to set notification ringtones to downloaded songs in this rom? The jrummy rom I'm on now will not let me do that.

I use app Ringdroid...it allows you to splice songs and save them as ringtones and notification sounds

I use mabilo and before I rooted the phone I was able to set any downloaded song as a notification or ringtone. I can now only set them as ringtones.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been covered to some degree, but I haven't tried a ROM yet that has wireless tethering built in already. Mine continues to error when I try to activate it (nevermind the sig, I am trying this ROM now).

Is there a fix? Do I have a problem or is it user error? :D

fsusmiles

Reaction score
i have the 5.0.9 on my phone now. i am having problems downloading google maps from my apps.can anyone help me

listenman20

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if you are able to set notification ringtones to downloaded songs in this rom? The jrummy rom I'm on now will not let me do that.

I use app Ringdroid...it allows you to splice songs and save them as ringtones and notification sounds

I use mabilo and before I rooted the phone I was able to set any downloaded song as a notification or ringtone. I can now only set them as ringtones.

use a file manager to copy the tones you want to use from your ringtones folder to your notifications folder on your sdcard.

listenman20

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been covered to some degree, but I haven't tried a ROM yet that has wireless tethering built in already. Mine continues to error when I try to activate it (nevermind the sig, I am trying this ROM now).

Is there a fix? Do I have a problem or is it user error? :D

the built in wireless tether that's built in does not work on any 2.2 froyo rom as of yet. there is however a free app in the market called wireless tether that works great!

kselby

Reaction score
I don't know if this was covered anywhere else yet but, I was just wondering if when the over-the-air update for 2.2 comes to my droid will I be able to see it on my phone or will it be blocked off? Will I be given the option to download it or not with this rom installed on my phone? Thanks.

dooney07

Reaction score
How do you set up usb tethering on moto droid w/ kangerade? every time i try to connect it never lets me! WTH!?? PLEASE HELP....BTW ----> Thx Jrummy

tghockey07

Reaction score
Sorry I don't feel like reading 51 pages, but has anyone else noticed that wifi stops working when you plug your phone in to charge?

audioscience

Reaction score
I don't know if this was covered anywhere else yet but, I was just wondering if when the over-the-air update for 2.2 comes to my droid will I be able to see it on my phone or will it be blocked off? Will I be given the option to download it or not with this rom installed on my phone? Thanks.

If you are running anything other than the stock 2.1 ROM you will not get the update.

Plus, if you are already running a 2.2 ROM it would be moot point. Just wait and update your ROM once it is based off of the official release. We are very close so you likely would see little difference.

sandman1987

Reaction score
**BUMP** Anyone??

Ok I'm loving this ROM so far. I just noticed though that I can't send or receive MMS. I don't send or receive pix or other MMS much so I don't know if I had this issue before on other ROMS. I searched this thread for "MMS" and nothing came back but I didn't read all the posts. So either no one else is or they are talking about it some other way. Is there a simple fix for this that I'm missing? BTW I use Handcent for my SMS/MMS and selected Delete MMS when I installed through ROM Manager. Could that be the issue? If so do I need to reinstall the whole ROM or what?

UPDATE: Well I redownloaded this ROM from RM and this time didn't delete MMS, and it still doesn't work when I try to send or receive pictures. Anyone have any ideas?

packetdog

Reaction score
**BUMP** Anyone??

Ok I'm loving this ROM so far. I just noticed though that I can't send or receive MMS. I don't send or receive pix or other MMS much so I don't know if I had this issue before on other ROMS. I searched this thread for "MMS" and nothing came back but I didn't read all the posts. So either no one else is or they are talking about it some other way. Is there a simple fix for this that I'm missing? BTW I use Handcent for my SMS/MMS and selected Delete MMS when I installed through ROM Manager. Could that be the issue? If so do I need to reinstall the whole ROM or what?

UPDATE: Well I redownloaded this ROM from RM and this time didn't delete MMS, and it still doesn't work when I try to send or receive pictures. Anyone have any ideas?

Now that you mention it- :) I don't MMS often, but I remember that a picture wasn't received by someone that I sent it to the other day. Didn't think much of it cuz they have a crackberry, but yea, that would fit. Went back into Handcent, and the little progress indicator is just spinning still on that message. I wonder why. So +1 to MMS fail.

Other than that, love this ROM, but I realized I can't quantify why. There's just so many little details that were worked with. Great job JRummy. Can't wait to see what's next!

-ph

undroid

Reaction score
just installed and having issues with fonts

i love nextheme look but hate the font that comes with it. so i went to kangerade.scripts and installed the stock font. the home screen fonts and the app screen were updated but lock screen still has the ugly font and terminal still has ugly fonts. how do i fix this?

running the latest kangerade and i did a wipe of cache/data before installing.

mnash14

Reaction score
I saw someone seemed to have the same issue I am running in to...my battery life kinda sucks with this ROM. I pretty much refuse to use anything but a JRummy ROM, but this one is draining...literally! I don't know much about kernels, or how to find one that works. Would this help my battery issue? Any help would be great! Thanks.

titanblitz

Reaction score
**BUMP** Anyone??

Now that you mention it- :) I don't MMS often, but I remember that a picture wasn't received by someone that I sent it to the other day. Didn't think much of it cuz they have a crackberry, but yea, that would fit. Went back into Handcent, and the little progress indicator is just spinning still on that message. I wonder why. So +1 to MMS fail.

Other than that, love this ROM, but I realized I can't quantify why. There's just so many little details that were worked with. Great job JRummy. Can't wait to see what's next!

-ph
Same problem here...No MMS

otter34

Reaction score
Today I had Pandora playing and was using the GPS directions at the same time. When the next turn came up the GPS told me what to do and it interrupted pandora as I'd expect. However, pandora didn't start playing after the turn by turn direction was given to me. Instead I had to open it up and press play. That happened over and over. Is there a fix?