zapX RC1 Rom Droid X fully deodexed and customized to the max

AMelis

Reaction score
Contacts/Address Book

Any contacts out there that alphabetize by last name, and display by last name?

justinkp

Reaction score
I downloaded the RC2 with Launcher Pro. I must say I have tried every rom available and this one is by far the worst. I usually don't even post but I want to make everyone aware. It's slower than any other rom, and it reboots like EVERY 30 MINUTES. And yes, I did everything right. Stay away from this rom unless he fixes it. Sorry, I usually don't even comment. Good night.

Dxun

Reaction score
I downloaded the RC2 with Launcher Pro. I must say I have tried every rom available and this one is by far the worst. I usually don't even post but I want to make everyone aware. It's slower than any other rom, and it reboots like EVERY 30 MINUTES. And yes, I did everything right. Stay away from this rom unless he fixes it. Sorry, I usually don't even comment. Good night.

Im not having any of these problems. After apps finish downloading all seems fine so far. Can 928's themes be installed over this?

liferefugee

Reaction score

Not sure what is up with your phone but I have had zero issues running with this since I installed yesterday. Heavy use to really test it out, so far so good.

Added an onyx theme and I am a happy user. Looking forward to version 2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score

I am not sure exactly what your complaints are since you haven't listed any besides your device rebooting. I would suggest you have a problem with your device and not my revisions. And this is RC2 has not been released yet, I have only released up to revision 3 of the RC1 which are minor updates that are to fix problems. Send me a message of what your problems were or are and maybe I can help. If you had so many issues I recommend you 2.2 SBF your phone because there has been no issues reported like you have have. Thanks for the bashing.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Dxun I believe 928 themes should be fine as long as you apply deoxeded themes. If you are worried you can always make a nandroid back up and try it, but most themes are compatible.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Video for How To Install

User Made Video On How To Install ZapX for Newbs (Credit adrianl623): [video=youtube;zWjBNNMgNxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWjBNNMgNxM"]Video Link[/video]

sshams95

Reaction score
I'm currently using Tranquility 3.7 and am having issues with Exchange email not pushing. Does the ROM work well with Exchange push email?

Will the OP install instrutions work even if I'm running the Tranquility ROM?

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
I'm currently using Tranquility 3.7 and am having issues with Exchange email not pushing. Does the ROM work well with Exchange push email?

Will the OP install instrutions work even if I'm running the Tranquility ROM?

Though I have never tried you should be fine to install zapX from tranquility as long as you follow installation instructions properly.

As for exchange. It works perfectly.

-ZapX ROM gives you a zap and KennedyX will make you want to jump.

barski

Reaction score
can i install this via rom manager, under rom management > install rom from SD Card? and then not worry about doing everything else?

barski

Reaction score
just tried it with ROM manager. I get to the part where it says reboot and install. I click okay and nothing happens, it doesn't reboot.

If anyone knows how to make it work please post. Otherwise I'm Confirming that going though ROM Manager doesn't work.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
just tried it with ROM manager. I get to the part where it says reboot and install. I click okay and nothing happens, it doesn't reboot.

If anyone knows how to make it work please post. Otherwise I'm Confirming that going though ROM Manager doesn't work.

There is no Rom Manager Installation method yet. You must follow the installation direction for now. However I will try to get this on Rom Manager when I am finished with RC2.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Force close issues are a result of a lot of apps not being updated yet for Froyo and the droid x. I am currently working on a better solution. For the most part all apps run fine and the Rom is perfectly stable. Animated radars work in various scenarios. You can visit the help section under ZapX Rom at drewgaren.com and check it out there. For you guys that are requesting a file manager in RC2. I will see if I can put it in the options on Rom Manager.

My Roms are now in Rom Manager Premium.
note you should wipe data until RC2 is released.

barski

Reaction score
I keep getting
Error occurred while processing the ROM list!
After i downloaded there update from market.

dennyjones

Reaction score
Help!

Need some help. I started following your directions for the zapx RC1 Droid X and made a mistake. It seems I finished before installing the zip from the sd card and now all I see is the motorola sign when I turn on the phone. How do I get back to installing the new rom?

I can boot into recovery but only the system recovery which won't allow me to get into the nandroid backup.

I did a nandroid backup but can't access it. I copied the zapx files and renamed them update.zip trying to get the recovery to boot up.

Here's what I get: When I try to apply sdcard:update.zip.

Install from sdcard...
..finding update package..
.opening update package...
verifying update package..
e:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

DennyJones

Last edited: