zapX RC1 Rom Droid X fully deodexed and customized to the max

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
I keep getting
Error occurred while processing the ROM list!
After i downloaded there update from market.

Yes now that is listed in the free zone as well there has been huge traffic. I am redoing the manifest link now and download links for rom manager so that it will not give any errors. it will be updated later in the evening.

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ummm what would happen if you hit the camera button while it was rebooting after flashing this rom. on a stock droidx rooted spr and running adw

please help its stuck or froze at the moto sign?
should i just reflash the file? do i need to rename it to an update.zip file like i do on my droid1? or do i delete it the reinstall the file on the sd card then wipe everything then reinstall??

bob

edit: its a droid not a froid.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
ummm what would happen if you hit the camera button while it was rebooting after flashing this rom. on a stock droidx rooted spr and running adw

please help its stuck or froze at the moto sign?
should i just reflash the file? do i need to rename it to an update.zip file like i do on my droid1? or do i delete it the reinstall the file on the sd card then wipe everything then reinstall??

bob

edit: its a droid not a froid.

Not sure I understand you are you saying you were rooted and were not running the bootstrap recovery or were you. If you were not running the bootstrap and tried to install the file it will screw up your system. You do not have to rename your the file just chose your file from zip. Please see the instructions, or go through the forums there is a video posted on instructions.

xliderider

Reaction score
Installing the LP version now. One revision that should be made to the installation instructions:

-Run the Droid X Bootstrapper App
-Boot into Bootstrap Recovery
-Create a Nandroid back up if you like to be safe
-Go into Mounts and Storage
-Format System
-Format Data
-Format Cache
-Mount System (MAKE SURE TO DO THIS STEP)
-Press Power button to go to previous menu
-Install Zip From SDCard
-Select the zapX rom of your choice
-Select Yes
-Reboot Your System
-The first boot will take a little bit, but then zap, it’s zippy as hell.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Weather Fix is now on Rom Manager. Animated Radars are now working properly and WeatherBug should not force quit after you install that update. I suggest getting Weather Fix If You are having Animated Radar issues. It will be in RC2 coming out later this week or early next.

Car Dock's fix will not be released until RC2.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Car Dock Fix and Weather Fix is now combined in Rom Manager which also helps with a lot of force close issues.

bryancotton84

Reaction score
system version?

what system version should the phone be after this rom is installed...i went from 2.3.15 to 2.3.9 was that suppose to happen?

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
what system version should the phone be after this rom is installed...i went from 2.3.15 to 2.3.9 was that suppose to happen?

The system is still base off of ota 2.3.15, however when you view about in system your build may be 2.3.9 and radio may be different because I Google App Inventor and it changes the the about information on some phones including the Droid X. Since I pulled these files off my phone to create the rom this is why it says that. If you have reception issues like just dial *228 or *22899 and it will activate and provision your phone so you will have perfect service again.

KennedyX should show the about info fine. join the beta at drewgaren.com

and I have a special surprise coming out soon hopefully for droid x.

bryancotton84

Reaction score
So i was using your ZapX RC1 and i tried to flash another rom and upon the reboot my phone is stuck on M..no idea what i messed up and where, whats next? Ive already done several battery pulls to no avail.

soccerman316

Reaction score

soccerman316

Reaction score
Oh and this is how to use it.

Switch your device to PC mode (or charge only if USB debugging doesn't show up)
Turn on debugging mode (settings>applications>development>debugging mode)
Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
Select SBF
Start

Device will switch to bootloader and begin the flashing process and will reboot when it is complete.

silasrye

Reaction score
Locale

Locale app works, but the actuall location condition does not show up. I contacted the developer and they pointed me toward the use of a custom ROM.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
No worries it should work fine with
next week's RC2 update coming mid to late next week. I don't have the program to test it but so far other programs like Tasker and Os Manager that were having issues do not have any issues on the beta. So I expect that locale will not either. If it does I supspect a fix but I would need a copy of the program first.

Sent from my DROIDX using ZapX ROM Beta 4

beantownmp

Reaction score
So I downloaded the zapXLPedition from Rom Manager. It prompted me to backup and wipe data/cache which I then did and it rebooted. It got stuck on the M logo for hours. Finally pulled the battery and it booted up to a stock blur looking home screen. How can I tell if this rom installed? Nothing seems different.

Also, every tim I try to reboot the phone now just by powering down it gets stuck on the M logo so I can't boot into recovery as I have to pull the battery to get the pine to load up. Thanks.

trebb

Reaction score
I keep getting random reboots and I don't know why. :(

It happens when unlocking the phone - I'll slide, it lags, then reboots. It happens 2-3 times a day.

Help! I wiped everything 3x and didn't restore my apps with mybackuppro or anything.