zapX RC1 Rom Droid X fully deodexed and customized to the max

trance_junk

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as Chrussell. Installed over RC1. tried data wipe as well and no luck.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
It appears some people are having a problem reinstalling swype there are many reasons it was left off the rom, 1 being swype does not like devs. I will try and provide a new fix, but I can suggest that google is your friend.

Sent from my DROIDX using ZapX

Chrussell1215

Reaction score
Thanks khchicago66, love dev like you.. sorry, I am to addicted to swype to cut it out of my smartphone experience...

Tabe

Reaction score
If someone installs ZapX RC2 and finds that they still have all .odex files, what went wrong?

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
If someone installs ZapX RC2 and finds that they still have all .odex files, what went wrong?

Then you did not installed the rom properly and should reinstall.

For those waiting for swype fix ill work it tonight this weekend and create a working update. There are a few files that are missing ill fix it up.

Sent from my DROIDX using ZapX

Matrix311

Reaction score
I just installed RC2 lastnight and the thing is rock solid and ultra fast except for text messages. I keep getting dual text messages everytime. Is this a setting within the text application or how can i resolve this?

I want to use Handcent and remove the two text apps you pre-installed "messaging" and "text messages". Is it possible to remove those, maybe there is a conflict? Also just a note the dual text messages received started immediately after I installed your rom. It's always happened. I see another user reported the same problem with RC1.

help?

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
The dual notifications is not my roms doing it is motos. You can turn it off read through my thread at droidxforums

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AMelis

Reaction score
The more I use it the more I love it. Now, one oddity, which Im sure it is not the ROM, is that after installing RC2 the battery program in settings, specifically the statistics, stopped crashing and forcing close. Now it is doing it now and then. Must be a blur thang.....

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
My website Drewgaren.com has undergone a complete makeover & is new & improved with many new features and easy to use.

I am starting to work on the next release of ZapX and I am completely rebuilding it from the ground up. The next version is going to have some more goodies and some kick to it and most of all. Let's get you Swype users all back on the rom and all satisfied with a working keyboard. So I'm going to include in the next version. Betas will be rolling out start next Monday and the ZapX Beta Team will be open again for those who wish to join starting monday. More information will be posted on drewgaren.com on Monday afternoon.

sshams95

Reaction score
just installed rc2, working good so far. i have corp email sync and exchange email seems to be fine, but my contacts are not showing up. i tried deleting the account and re-adding...any solution?

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
just installed rc2, working good so far. i have corp email sync and exchange email seems to be fine, but my contacts are not showing up. i tried deleting the account and re-adding...any solution?

Corporate contacts are not stored on the phone instead they are pulled from the server when you try to use them. It usually takes forever to load, but if you know the name your looking for you can just menu search for the person and it will bring it up right away.

sshams95

Reaction score
The Corp contacts that show up when searching while composing an email are contacts in the Exchange's Global Address Book. I have local contacts tied to my exchange account that are stored on the server, that would not show up in the Global address book. These contacts appeared in my Contacts app before I installed the ZapX ROM.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Working on 1.0 version of ZapX and reopening beta testing this week for any new members that wish to join. The 1.0 version will have more features then everyone and be faster and more stable. A contact list which allows you to views contacts by last names will also be included. It is being rebuilt from stock, more information will be posted later today at drewgaren.com

Also KennedyX RC2 is out.

Sent from my DROIDX using KennedyX by DrewGaren

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Oh for those that ask 1.0 will feature Swype again

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
ZapX BAZINGA 1.0 UPDATE COMING SUNDAY...ARE YOU READY?

It will up be Late Saturday night on Drewgaren.com if you want to be an early adopter ;)