zapX RC1 Rom Droid X fully deodexed and customized to the max

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Did you have froyo installed before hand.

Sent from my DROIDX using ZapX RC2 beta

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Sbf then reinstall from rom manager

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BalistikBill

Reaction score
I have installed his and really like it, but I want the contacts widget back from the stock version. Is this avail on the market or any way I can get it back? Please let me know, thanks.

lordloki

Reaction score
anyone else experiencing kernel panics on occasion with this rom? (it might just be the OTA --- but i never experienced kernel panics on the leaked 2.3.15 and flyX.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
RC2 has a focus on stability and a few extra features, The launchers are all packed into options to give you guys the option of it you want it installed to the system for a smoother operation or if you just want to download it from the market place in the future. I have also included many other requests that you have ask for. I will be releasing my other rom KennedyX soon and working on another build of ZapX due out in Nov.

Chrussell1215

Reaction score
So, Installed the LP version of ZapX RC2, but I'm wanting to instal a themed version of LP, but can not do this unless I uninstall my version of LP. Is it possible to do this?

Amazing Rom by the way. My favorite by far.

Chrussell1215

Reaction score
Also, I installed the Swype Keyboard, but it is not working correctly I get a message when it opens that says "this swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality."

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
So, Installed the LP version of ZapX RC2, but I'm wanting to instal a themed version of LP, but can not do this unless I uninstall my version of LP. Is it possible to do this?

Amazing Rom by the way. My favorite by far.

You can install themes over the launcher there is no need to uninstall.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Also, I installed the Swype Keyboard, but it is not working correctly I get a message when it opens that says "this swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality."

Did you come from a different rom to ZapX RC2 or did you come from RC1 or froyo? And how did you install the system. This all matters for the file to work properly as it's pulled from ota froyo. Make your settings are correct also.

Chrussell1215

Reaction score

Did you come from a different rom to ZapX RC2 or did you come from RC1 or froyo? And how did you install the system. This all matters for the file to work properly as it's pulled from ota froyo. Make your settings are correct also.

I installed from ZapX RC1. I installed the ZapX RC2 using the install instructions posted at the beginning of this thread. Then I installed the Swype file installed from this thread using BootStrap recovery.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Chrussell send me a pm with more details and if you have root explorer. The beta team did not have these issues and i haven't either so it could input be your device or a bad file. Let's try a different file first.

tigsfan

Reaction score
I'm having the same issues as Chrussell1215 was having with Swype. Here's exactly what I did and the error I'm receiving:

1) Came from Rubix v0.3 (A blur ROM)
2) Followed instructions in OP to install ZapX RC2 (did not wipe "Data")
3) Downloaded swype.zip and installed via Rom Manager.
4) Swype installs, but does not allow actual "Swyping" Checked in the Swype settings (withing the langauge and keyboard settings) and the "Language" selection option is greyed out. I'm guessing this is the issue, because Swype doesn't seem to know what I'm trying to swype.

Note: I also tried changing the permissions of the Swype.apk in Root Explorer (allowed everything R/W) to no avail.

Also tried installing a copy of the Swype.apk on its own (without doing the update.zip), and received the same types of problems.

Not sure what else to try at this point. Should I go back to my 2.2 stock deodexed backup, then reflash? Trying to avoid having to clear data, but I will if necessary to get Swype working.

Btw, outside of my Swype issues, this ROM has been outstanding. Great work!

Chrussell1215

Reaction score
I'm having the same issues as Chrussell1215 was having with Swype. Here's exactly what I did and the error I'm receiving:

1) Came from Rubix v0.3 (A blur ROM)
2) Followed instructions in OP to install ZapX RC2 (did not wipe "Data")
3) Downloaded swype.zip and installed via Rom Manager.
4) Swype installs, but does not allow actual "Swyping" Checked in the Swype settings (withing the langauge and keyboard settings) and the "Language" selection option is greyed out. I'm guessing this is the issue, because Swype doesn't seem to know what I'm trying to swype.

Note: I also tried changing the permissions of the Swype.apk in Root Explorer (allowed everything R/W) to no avail.

Also tried installing a copy of the Swype.apk on its own (without doing the update.zip), and received the same types of problems.

Not sure what else to try at this point. Should I go back to my 2.2 stock deodexed backup, then reflash? Trying to avoid having to clear data, but I will if necessary to get Swype working.

Btw, outside of my Swype issues, this ROM has been outstanding. Great work!

I tried reflashing RC2 a second time and I did a data wipe this time, but I am still having the exact same issue. I can touch type but can not swipe type. So doing a data wipe won't solve the problem...