zapX RC1 Rom Droid X fully deodexed and customized to the max

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
For those that are having any issues using any of the social status widget, social networking or messages widget. It is known that on some devices that is not working properly. First try reinstalling is that does not work, A fix is on its way.

saxman

Reaction score
I'm really like this rom thus far. One problem I've been having is with my contacts syncing with my facebook contacts...Not sure what's going on...

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
I'm really like this rom thus far. One problem I've been having is with my contacts syncing with my facebook contacts...Not sure what's going on...

Not sure I get you, are you having a problem syncing your facebook contacts onto the phone? If this is the case try removing the facebook account from the my accounts app or under settings. Then add a new account and select facebook. Make sure you are not selecting the facebook app that you may have downloaded from the market. Add your login info. A new popup window should ask you if you want it to set the source of pictures or will say facebook is the source of pictures. You should now be able to go into contacts hit the groups button on the top and scroll down to facebook. or just select a contact and some of their facebook info should show up.

saxman

Reaction score

Not sure I get you, are you having a problem syncing your facebook contacts onto the phone? If this is the case try removing the facebook account from the my accounts app or under settings. Then add a new account and select facebook. Make sure you are not selecting the facebook app that you may have downloaded from the market. Add your login info. A new popup window should ask you if you want it to set the source of pictures or will say facebook is the source of pictures. You should now be able to go into contacts hit the groups button on the top and scroll down to facebook. or just select a contact and some of their facebook info should show up.

Right, I had tried that multiple times with no luck. It prompts me to tell me it will use facebook as the source for contact photos but did not actually do that. When I open contact info for any of my phone contacts that are also facebook contacts I get nothing. Under linked profiles, where it should say facebook, it does not. I originally had this problem using rubix focused but fixed it by adding all social networking and sync apps that weren't included in the release, however your release has included those apps needed for sync, so im not sure why im still having this problem...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Saxman are you using the LPedition? if so I suggest doing booting into recovery, wipe data three times, formate cache three time, go into mount and format data, the follow the normal instructions. Or if you can hold off I am working on a solution to the widget problem that may cure your problem. But as of now yours seems to be the only problem reported. It could be a device issue. It does not seem to affect mass users.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Updates!

I guess there were a few things I should have clarified with people prior to this rom, you need to have 2.2 installed first. then by formating the system and installing the system off the zapX roms your system is now replaced.

NO WORRIES FOLKS. I know the rom has been a little messed up for some of you and others it has worked excellent, some of you have run also in to problems. Like Froyo on every Motorola device it happens. I am working hard on fixing them between my grad school schedule. Busy Busy. But, I am working on a revision tonight, hopefully to correct the launcherpro widget problem. Include a new release with ADW, updated Zeam and LauncherPro, new battery tweaks, some performances tweaks, more system tweaks, and some extra goodies. And I am going to try and get this release to work in an update.zip format so it easier for all of you to install and run into no problems. I do see a RC2 in the up coming week or two. I do see another revision for you guys and some fixes in the future of tonight or tomorrow released.

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
Problems have been fixed, new revision has been posted tonight and that should be the last revision for the next few days while I work on the RC2. Widgets are all working fine, double notifications should be fixed. Please make sure you have 2.2 installed before installing this and read all instructions.

Enjoy oh for you ADW users, I now have ADW on there!

saxman

Reaction score
Saxman are you using the LPedition? if so I suggest doing booting into recovery, wipe data three times, formate cache three time, go into mount and format data, the follow the normal instructions. Or if you can hold off I am working on a solution to the widget problem that may cure your problem. But as of now yours seems to be the only problem reported. It could be a device issue. It does not seem to affect mass users.

All my problems have been fixed with this latest release (and wiping data and cache) You rock!

thickey85

Reaction score
trouble downloading from links

I am having trouble downloading from all of the links to the different versions of the roms. I get redirected to ad sites on each of the links. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or does anyone have a working link for the lp version of the rom?

OP
K

khchicago66

Reaction score
I am having trouble downloading from all of the links to the different versions of the roms. I get redirected to ad sites on each of the links. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or does anyone have a working link for the lp version of the rom?

Some links have advertising others don't. That's just how multiupload works and is free so please if you do not like advertisements just use the rapid share link. Mirrors will be posted soon as well.

catalystsupreme

Reaction score
If i decide i dont like this rom will i be able to restore my nandroid backup from the stock ota rom